This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:09 pm

360 exclusives getting 'heavy investment' from MS, says Greenberg

Microsoft's Xbox product boss Aaron Greenberg has promised 360 owners that the console will be getting more major games exclusively - following the firm's deal with Crytek for Codename: Kingdoms.

MS showed off a teaser for Kingdoms at its E3 conference. It featured a muddied centurion, with blood pouring down his arms - and got a fine reception from attendees.

Now Greenberg has told VG247 that Microsoft has been "investing heavily" in similar deals - which will help counteract the recent trend for indepedent developers going multiplatform.

"We're really investing heavily, and adding and building our core, just like we have over the last few years. The announcement we made with Crytek for Kingdoms is just one example of that. There are many more of those in the works as well."

-ENDS-

I don't have a link. It was copypasta from one of OptimusPrime's posts.

Whaddya think?

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:26 pm

They can talk all they want. I want to SEE something.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:38 pm

TRF wrote:
They can talk all they want. I want to SEE something.

Patience is a virtue. They usually announce games very late in correlation to their actual release dates.

Besides they have to muster up atleast some game announcements before E3 next year, or else they practically have no show.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:40 pm

I want to SEE something first...
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Besides they have to muster up atleast some game announcements before E3 next year, or else they practically have no show.
That didn't seem to bother them last year or this year. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:57 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Last year they had ODST, Forza 3, L4D2, and some of the games that came out this year (Alan Wake). This year they had Halo Reach, Gears 3, Fable 3, Forza 4, Codename Kingdom, etc.

So yes, they had games on their E3 showing. And I expect game announcements at E3 2011 as well if not sooner.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Last year they had ODST, Forza 3, L4D2, and some of the games that came out this year (Alan Wake). This year they had Halo Reach, Gears 3, Fable 3, Forza 4, Codename Kingdom, etc.

So yes, they had games on their E3 showing. And I expect game announcements at E3 2011 as well if not sooner.
No announcements this year except for the oh-so ambitious Kinect titles. Wink
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:04 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Ofcourse they did

Forza 4, Codename Kingdoms. Rolling Eyes And hell Gears 3 was announced only like a month before E3 if I remember correctly so we didn't know jackshit about it before E3..

EDIT:

And don't act like Sony had alot of announcements either, most of the games they had showing we already knew about. They essentially did what Microsoft did. Half the E3 with casual nooby motion control crap, the other half with games. It's just that people always look negatively on Microsoft and want them to fail. Because apparently they are the big baddies of the industry.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Ofcourse they did

Forza 4, Codename Kingdoms. Rolling Eyes And hell Gears 3 was announced only like a month before E3 if I remember correctly so we didn't know jackshit about it before E3..

EDIT:

And don't act like Sony had alot of announcements either, most of the games they had showing we already knew about. They essentially did what Microsoft did. Half the E3 with casual nooby motion control crap, the other half with games. It's just that people always look negatively on Microsoft and want them to fail. Because apparently they are the big baddies of the industry.
They didn't announce Forza 4. That was Forza 3 Kinect. Yeah, they announced Kingdoms. That's it. I never said Sony announced much either.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Ofcourse they did

EDIT:

They didn't announce Forza 4. That was Forza 3 Kinect. Yeah, they announced Kingdoms. That's it. I never said Sony announced much either.

Um, that's not Forza 3 Kinect. It's the next Forza Motorsport game that will utilize Kinect. They didn't put an official name on it because it's still a work in progress. Still an announcement nonetheless. Just like how when Halo ODST was announced it was under the name "Halo 3:recon".

EDIT:

Sorry, I just assumed you were comparing Microsoft's E3 to Sony's E3 since you thought that Microsoft had a bad showing in a relative sense.

Last edited by Alan1994 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Gold members should more free themes, avatar stuff, and gamerpics. They shouldn't charge for that.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Ofcourse they did

EDIT:

Um, that's not Forza 3 Kinect. It's the next Forza Motorsport game that will utilize Kinect. They didn't put an official name on it because it's still a work in progress. Still an announcement nonetheless. Just like how when Halo ODST was announced it was under the name "Halo 3:recon".
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-the-future-of-forza-supports-kinect-update--176373.phtml
I'm not sure if Destructoid put those watermarks on the screenshots, but that's the Forza 3 logo.

EDIT:

Sorry, I just assumed you were comparing Microsoft's E3 to Sony's E3 since you thought that Microsoft had a bad showing in a relative sense.
No, I wasn't, although I did like Sony's more than Microsoft's.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:50 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Ofcourse they did

EDIT:

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-the-future-of-forza-supports-kinect-update--176373.phtml
I'm not sure if Destructoid put those watermarks on the screenshots, but that's the Forza 3 logo.

EDIT:

No, I wasn't, although I did like Sony's more than Microsoft's.

That's the forza motorsport logo with FM3's latest font. It doesn't say "Forza Motorsport 3"
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
That's the forza motorsport logo with FM3's latest font. It doesn't say "Forza Motorsport 3"
Oh, those three slashes make an 'M'? I always though they were "III".
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Ummm no? It's just a font.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:07 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Ummm no? It's just a font.
Why are we talking about fonts and that crap?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:17 pm

TRF wrote:

Did you just look up some random site on google? Because that link says something pretty important.

Quote :
We knew it seemed strange that the Turn 10 guys didn't actually give a name for what they showed on stage. Now we have a clearer picture of what it was: the Forza website calls it "Forza Motorsport Preview," and it was meant as "a select peek at one aspect of the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise." Whatever the next Forza game is, it will "[utilize] some of the ideas presented in this demo, [and] will ship in 2011." Hit up the gallery to take a look at the future of Forza yourself in eight screenshots.]
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:27 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Did you just look up some random site on google? Because that link says something pretty important.

Quote :
We knew it seemed strange that the Turn 10 guys didn't actually give a name for what they showed on stage. Now we have a clearer picture of what it was: the Forza website calls it "Forza Motorsport Preview," and it was meant as "a select peek at one aspect of the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise." Whatever the next Forza game is, it will "[utilize] some of the ideas presented in this demo, [and] will ship in 2011." Hit up the gallery to take a look at the future of Forza yourself in eight screenshots.]
Yeah, I read that, but I figured the demo used a modified version of Forza 3.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:31 am

Anybody want to stay on topic.

I'm honestly kinda excited.

If it turns out to be true....

what kind of games will you think they'll be?
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 am

Yeah, Microsoft says a lot of things. I wouldn't take anything they say seriously until they actually show something. Hell, they said FF13 would sell more on Xbox360.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:33 am

Well this is good news. Hopefully it will make up for all their recent fuck-ups.

And to be fair they are putting a lot of effort into Kinect. But DON'T FORGET THE HARDCOREZ!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:07 pm

MS should just buy EA..........................thats like 10 IPS exclusive right there. done.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:39 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
MS should just buy EA..........................thats like 10 IPS exclusive right there. done.

Yep. I agree.
Plus one of our currently "exclusive" franchises would stay "exclusive"... Mass Effect.

(and yes, I know it's on pc too, so don't try correcting me, people)

Anyway, that could be the best decision they ever make. Think about how much EA games sell! :O
If Sony does it first then that's a serious blow to ms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:29 pm

No way either Sony nor MS would buy EA. It would create a monopoly. FIFA series, NHL, NFL, NBA, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Medal of Honour, Need for Speed etc, and whatever subsidiary's they have.

No chance.
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 pm

You guys have to realize that EA is not just some stand alone developer group. EA has their own group of developers, they're marketers, publishers, and distributors as well. That's not something Microsoft can just go out and buy, like its candy at a store. Cmon, use your heads. Sony, nor Microsoft, can buy EA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?   

Back to top Go down

360 exclusives getting "heavy investment"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next