This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 I don't need a ps3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:20 pm

PhunkGamer wrote:
Captain Doodle wrote:
I agree for the most part DDD, the only good way to get a 2nd console though, is to beg your parents for 1 for a birthday for Xmas. Thats how I've gotten over half of my consoles xD

BTW you left off some of my favorite PS3 games:
Infamous
Uncharted
Motorstorm
Resistance

I almost feel the sameway as you do with a 360 but lets face it we all wanna play Halo and Fable Smile
Imma add on to this.

Haze
Disgaea 3
Folklore
alien cat monkey pig albino rendeer cherry
I'll add too

Modnation Racers
Heavenly Sword
Valkyria Chonicles

lol
Back to top Go down
Stoicwalker
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:04 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
to be honest, the only game that id like to play would be Killzone 2.........thats it.

certainly not worth buying a new console for one game. id rather buy a standalone bluray player for my TV this christmas, which I will be doing Smile
Are shooters your favorite genre????
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:49 am

I know this is a 360 only forum but Demon's Souls is fucking incredible. Can't for for Project Dark aka Demon's Souls 2 Razz I pray it's an exact clone so 360 owners get the same experience.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:36 am

Stoicwalker wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
to be honest, the only game that id like to play would be Killzone 2.........thats it.

certainly not worth buying a new console for one game. id rather buy a standalone bluray player for my TV this christmas, which I will be doing Smile
Are shooters your favorite genre????

fps followed by rts.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:00 am

I don't need a ps3 either.

Then again I don't need to play video games to have fun either....the vidya isn't necessary in life OP.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Captain Doodle wrote:
I agree for the most part DDD, the only good way to get a 2nd console though, is to beg your parents for 1 for a birthday for Xmas. Thats how I've gotten over half of my consoles xD

BTW you left off some of my favorite PS3 games:
Infamous
Uncharted
Motorstorm
Resistance

I almost feel the sameway as you do with a 360 but lets face it we all wanna play Halo and Fable Smile

yer..... Erm..
Infamous, it's too much like a super hero game like prototype, spiderman or whatever. It's not my kind of thing anymore. Maybe I'd like it more a few years back but not now.

I don't like uncharted. It just feels meh to me. It's never appealed to me. And playing it makes me feel dizzy, maybe is partly due to the damn blur/focus effects. Either way I can't play for an hour straight without feeling seriously bored and dizzy.

Motorstorm is just an off road racer. The only things I ever play racers for are for the graphics, and motorstorm hasn't got the best.... Also the vehicles aren't sexy

Resistance, yes! The first game is very good! I prefer it's
campaign (at least what i played) to Halo 3's! Chimera > covenant anyday! But yeah.. Not sure about the sequel and it's harldy a system seller to me. Plus the companys gone multiplat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 596
Join date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:40 pm

^ Troll Bait
Beware of the HJ monster.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Teckno wrote:
^ Troll Bait
Beware of the HJ monster.

lmao to add insult to injury, I didn't really like Halo 3's campaign at all! Cortana was utter shite!!
It' was repetitive. An utter nightmare!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Well I'm not going to insult your choice to play 360 only but until you actually OWN a PS3 and 360 like some of us do, forgive me for looking at this entire thread as one giant troll.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:32 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^ Troll Bait
Beware of the HJ monster.

lmao to add insult to injury, I didn't really like Halo 3's campaign at all! Cortana was utter shite!!
It' was repetitive. An utter nightmare!

you suck noob

Covenant>Chimera

The name Covenant even sounds better
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^ Troll Bait
Beware of the HJ monster.

lmao to add insult to injury, I didn't really like Halo 3's campaign at all! Cortana was utter shite!!
It' was repetitive. An utter nightmare!

you suck noob

Covenant>Chimera

The name Covenant even sounds better

I'm pretty sure a mythical creature with the head of a lion and a tail that is a snake is better than a secret pact with someone. Anyhoo, that's a stupid point to argue.

Next! lol!
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:42 pm

I own all consoles and a gaming PC. I find myself using the ps3 for movie watching because of the blu ray. I have no games for the ps3 with the exception of Killzone 1,2 LBP 1, Infamous, and all Resident Evil Games OG copy, That i do not ever play anymore.

For my Wii my parents use it for wii Fit and Wii sports, thats it.

For my 360, i use it for Halo, Gears of war, and Xbox live arcade.

For my PC, i use it for EVERYTHING
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Invincible wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
There are plenty of ways to get HD movies on the X360 through digital distributiion (Zune Download, Zune streaming, Netflix, etc). I've had an HDTV for 2-3 years and I never felt the need to switch to Blu-ray.

I've seen a couple Blu-ray movies, Zune's quality actually stacks pretty well against Blu-ray's. Though I'm not an overly picky person about a movie's picture quality.

But why pay $6 for a HD movie off Zune or PSN when you can rent blu rays from netflix and keep them as long as you want?

I actually think the 360 does a better job upconverting dvds then the PS3. They look great. But blu ray looks even better...especially animated stuff.


When you rent a Blu-ray you eventually have to return it you know? Lol. The pricing for Zune HD movie rentals and Blu-ray rentals are identical. You can buy some HD movies off of Zune permanently for just 20 bucks while most Blu-ray movies sell for 25-30 bucks I believe.

The only thing that I like about Blu-ray over digital rentals is the extras you get on disc. But I can live without it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:36 pm

KonaBro wrote:
Well I'm not going to insult your choice to play 360 only but until you actually OWN a PS3 and 360 like some of us do, forgive me for looking at this entire thread as one giant troll.

I have both, they're basically the same systems each with a handful of top end exclusives. The breaking point I think is XBL and PSN. If you have 1, you don't really need the other, unless you've got a bunch of extra cash lying around that is.
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:25 am

BlackStigma wrote:
KonaBro wrote:
Well I'm not going to insult your choice to play 360 only but until you actually OWN a PS3 and 360 like some of us do, forgive me for looking at this entire thread as one giant troll.

I have both, they're basically the same systems each with a handful of top end exclusives. The breaking point I think is XBL and PSN. If you have 1, you don't really need the other, unless you've got a bunch of extra cash lying around that is.

I have both and I quite enjoy buying games for both systems but my breaking point for why I like my PS3 more is having to pay for XBL. Now that they are raising prices, I need to get a cheaper 12 months sub while they are still low priced.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:35 am

KonaBro wrote:
Well I'm not going to insult your choice to play 360 only but until you actually OWN a PS3 and 360 like some of us do, forgive me for looking at this entire thread as one giant troll.

lol fair enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:16 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Captain Doodle wrote:
I agree for the most part DDD, the only good way to get a 2nd console though, is to beg your parents for 1 for a birthday for Xmas. Thats how I've gotten over half of my consoles xD

BTW you left off some of my favorite PS3 games:
Infamous
Uncharted
Motorstorm
Resistance

I almost feel the sameway as you do with a 360 but lets face it we all wanna play Halo and Fable Smile

yer..... Erm..
Infamous, it's too much like a super hero game like prototype, spiderman or whatever. It's not my kind of thing anymore. Maybe I'd like it more a few years back but not now.

I don't like uncharted. It just feels meh to me. It's never appealed to me. And playing it makes me feel dizzy, maybe is partly due to the damn blur/focus effects. Either way I can't play for an hour straight without feeling seriously bored and dizzy.

Motorstorm is just an off road racer. The only things I ever play racers for are for the graphics, and motorstorm hasn't got the best.... Also the vehicles aren't sexy

Resistance, yes! The first game is very good! I prefer it's
campaign (at least what i played) to Halo 3's! Chimera > covenant anyday! But yeah.. Not sure about the sequel and it's harldy a system seller to me. Plus the companys gone multiplat.

Seriously lol?

Uncharted and Infamous are fucking amazing, and Resistance sucks. Halo 3 is tons better than Resistance, hopefully you were joking.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Captain Doodle wrote:
I agree for the most part DDD, the only good way to get a 2nd console though, is to beg your parents for 1 for a birthday for Xmas. Thats how I've gotten over half of my consoles xD

BTW you left off some of my favorite PS3 games:
Infamous
Uncharted
Motorstorm
Resistance

I almost feel the sameway as you do with a 360 but lets face it we all wanna play Halo and Fable Smile

yer..... Erm..
Infamous, it's too much like a super hero game like prototype, spiderman or whatever. It's not my kind of thing anymore. Maybe I'd like it more a few years back but not now.

I don't like uncharted. It just feels meh to me. It's never appealed to me. And playing it makes me feel dizzy, maybe is partly due to the damn blur/focus effects. Either way I can't play for an hour straight without feeling seriously bored and dizzy.

Motorstorm is just an off road racer. The only things I ever play racers for are for the graphics, and motorstorm hasn't got the best.... Also the vehicles aren't sexy

Resistance, yes! The first game is very good! I prefer it's
campaign (at least what i played) to Halo 3's! Chimera > covenant anyday! But yeah.. Not sure about the sequel and it's harldy a system seller to me. Plus the companys gone multiplat.

Seriously lol?

Uncharted and Infamous are fucking amazing, and Resistance sucks. Halo 3 is tons better than Resistance, hopefully you were joking.

Resistance is good! Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.
And I don't care, I dislike Uncharted 2 though I will accept that it is a good game. Same with InFamous, I'm just bored of those games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:42 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Captain Doodle wrote:
I agree for the most part DDD, the only good way to get a 2nd console though, is to beg your parents for 1 for a birthday for Xmas. Thats how I've gotten over half of my consoles xD

BTW you left off some of my favorite PS3 games:
Infamous
Uncharted
Motorstorm
Resistance

I almost feel the sameway as you do with a 360 but lets face it we all wanna play Halo and Fable Smile

yer..... Erm..
Infamous, it's too much like a super hero game like prototype, spiderman or whatever. It's not my kind of thing anymore. Maybe I'd like it more a few years back but not now.

I don't like uncharted. It just feels meh to me. It's never appealed to me. And playing it makes me feel dizzy, maybe is partly due to the damn blur/focus effects. Either way I can't play for an hour straight without feeling seriously bored and dizzy.

Motorstorm is just an off road racer. The only things I ever play racers for are for the graphics, and motorstorm hasn't got the best.... Also the vehicles aren't sexy

Resistance, yes! The first game is very good! I prefer it's
campaign (at least what i played) to Halo 3's! Chimera > covenant anyday! But yeah.. Not sure about the sequel and it's harldy a system seller to me. Plus the companys gone multiplat.

Seriously lol?

Uncharted and Infamous are fucking amazing, and Resistance sucks. Halo 3 is tons better than Resistance, hopefully you were joking.

Resistance is good! Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.
And I don't care, I dislike Uncharted 2 though I will accept that it is a good game. Same with InFamous, I'm just bored of those games.

lol

Have you ever played Resistance 2? It is literally the AA+ shooter I've played. I mean, name one thing that was SLIGHTLY better in Resistance than Halo 3
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:11 pm

lol it's not a matter of being better than Halo 3... it's about it being a good game in it's own right.
And the chimera are freaking awesome!!

And no I've not played R2. only R1 and RR.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Good. I would rather kill myself than to play Reshitstain 2 again.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:22 am

Frank2368 wrote:
Good. I would rather kill myself than to play Reshitstain 2 again.

...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   

Back to top Go down
 
I don't need a ps3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: