This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Coincidence or Conjecture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Good video from BlackB0nd

Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:35 pm

BlackBond is clearly mixing up Coincidence and Standard. CLEARLY.
The only 1 I really think is copying, is the PocketStatiton and the VMU.
Maybe Achievements and Trophies.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Lmao. Well to be fair, if a specific feature becomes successful, if you're a company you're just gonna add it to your system if gamers request it.
But yeah, it shows Sony's lack of innovation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:02 pm

ive said this before nearly every thing playstation does it is copied from someone else. heck if it werent for nintendo, playstation wouldnt even exsist
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Sony just lack in innovation.Look at PS Move for example.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

How could Sony have made it any different though? In looks that is. For the type of motion control they were going for the Wand and Navi controller are the only designs that would fit.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm

PocketStation....omfg i totally forgot about that thing LMÃO...old times.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Well some of those comparisons were dumb, like Xbox LIVE and PSN. How is Sony expected to NOT go into this generation with an organized online system? The guide button thing was stupid, as was the shoulder button thing.

I appreciate how Nintendo takes risks, but Sony does bring a lot to the table.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:20 pm

I remember reading somewhere that Sony actually had analogue sticks patented before Nintendo even made their controllers. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Playstation never was innovative really, but I will give props to Sony for being the first console to switch to disc formats instead of cartridges. Oh and Other OS support before they took it away for PS3.

To me Xbox has done alot for modern gaming. The first online service , HDD integration, ingame music, etc.

Nintendo however, despite the Wii's garbageness, has taken the most risks in their time with the console gaming industry. And I salute Nintendo for that.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Playstation never was innovative really, but I will give props to Sony for being the first console to switch to disc formats instead of cartridges. Oh and Other OS support before they took it away for PS3.

To me Xbox has done alot for modern gaming. The first online service , HDD integration, ingame music, etc.

Nintendo however, despite the Wii's garbageness, has taken the most risks in their time with the console gaming industry. And I salute Nintendo for that.
Actually, Sega had the first Online Service. SegaNet.
HDD yea, but, Nintendo had DiskDrives. N64DD Laughing
Same purpose.
Ingame Music, yesseri.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Same purpose.
Ingame Music, yesseri.

Seriously? It must of sucked ass if no one ever heard of it or used it.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Same purpose.
Ingame Music, yesseri.

Just saying M$ wasn't the first to make those.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:03 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Playstation never was innovative really, but I will give props to Sony for being the first console to switch to disc formats instead of cartridges.

Yup and as much as it was looked down upon, I thank them for using UMD's for psp and not those ds cartridges. They only held freaking 100 mb until like a year ago where they were increased to 500mb.

500 is fine but 100 is ridiculous! You can fit a slightly upgraded gameboy game on that but that's it!

A game like Breath Of Fire 3 which has no voice acting, 3d but 2d sprite visuals with an isometric view, really zoomed out, so not hardware pushing at all, is about 300mb. lol yeah.... so imagine putting that on ds.
3 cartridges? (that would be okay except no ds game makers want to do that, probably coz it's a handheld and you don't want to be switching when you're like out places, you just want to carry one game with you inside the system itself).

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:43 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

How could Sony have made it any different though? In looks that is. For the type of motion control they were going for the Wand and Navi controller are the only designs that would fit.

They could have made something different and innovative, not do what nintendo has done 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:22 pm

i wonder who knows this fact? after the snes nintendo went to sony to form a partnership to make a cd based games console, but nintendo was worried about piracy, so then broke off and made the n64. sony on the other hand decided to take what they have learnt and make their own cd console and the rest is history. sony have been riding on the back of nintendo ever since No
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Same purpose.
Ingame Music, yesseri.

So what? If MS didn't enter the console gaming division, Dreamcast would have still died and so would it's terrible online service. Sony wouldn't have as much effort into PSN to try to match XBL (imagine PSN now without all the firmware updates....you would have to leave the game just to check your messages), and future generation consoles wouldn't have very decent online services since there really isn't one that goes above and beyond like XBL does.

So yes, no matter how much you hate MS or "M$", they pretty much made the frame for what current generation consoles should be like. Likewise, without Sony we MIGHT still be using cartridges.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:47 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
i wonder who knows this fact? after the snes nintendo went to sony to form a partnership to make a cd based games console, but nintendo was worried about piracy, so then broke off and made the n64. sony on the other hand decided to take what they have learnt and make their own cd console and the rest is history. sony have been riding on the back of nintendo ever since No
How exactly? Sony went off and did their own thing and have been incredibly successful in the console market since then.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Same purpose.
Ingame Music, yesseri.

So what? If MS didn't enter the console gaming division, Dreamcast would have still died and so would it's terrible online service. Sony wouldn't have as much effort into PSN to try to match XBL (imagine PSN now without all the firmware updates....you would have to leave the game just to check your messages), and future generation consoles wouldn't have very decent online services since there really isn't one that goes above and beyond like XBL does.

So yes, no matter how much you hate MS or "M$", they pretty much made the frame for what current generation consoles should be like. Likewise, without Sony we MIGHT still be using cartridges.
And??????
Read you're sentence correctly.
I was just correcting you. And I never said I hate M$.
M$ has shaped the current gen. No doubt about it. There services had a bigger impact. Not the first, though.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Same purpose.
Ingame Music, yesseri.

And??????

I was just proving a point sir. Dreamcast's online service did nothing for the modern-day console. And XBL was in production before the Dreamcast I believe.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Same purpose.
Ingame Music, yesseri.

And??????

I was just proving a point sir. Dreamcast's online service did nothing for the modern-day console. And XBL was in production before the Dreamcast I believe.

The dreamcast was made years before anyone even thought about the xbox.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Same purpose.
Ingame Music, yesseri.

And??????

The dreamcast was made years before anyone even thought about the xbox.

Wait, did the online service launch when the console released?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:28 am

the point: everybody copies everybody, even Sony.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 am

I'm pretty sure sony copied the slim stuff from nintendo or SEGA and i dont know about you but the shit about PS MOVE being in development since 2002 sounds like a load of bullshit. The thing is copying is good because if theres a good feature in one game or one console shouldn't it be added on to the other console so it also gets a good feature?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:02 am

TRF wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:
How exactly? Sony went off and did their own thing and have been incredibly successful in the console market since then.

Sales:

Wii > Ps3
DS > Psp

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coincidence or Conjecture    

Back to top Go down

Coincidence or Conjecture
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next