This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Excellent. I was waiting for Activision to make them platinum hits. Now I can actually justifying spending money on these games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:04 pm

ok cool
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 pm

I believe it's about time they lowered the price of the mappacks in COD WaW. I mean the only reason to play it anymore is for Nazi Zombies.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I believe it's about time they lowered the price of the mappacks in COD WaW. I mean the only reason to play it anymore is for Nazi Zombies.
I doubt they would drop the price of those map packs, if they drop the price of the game they must be planning to increase the price of the map packs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:14 pm

World at War is $20, right? Yeah, it's still not worth the money.
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:15 pm

i got WAW for £4 from the bargain bin at gamestation last month lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:27 pm

tahmidk wrote:
i got WAW for £4 from the bargain bin at gamestation last month lol

Haha no kidding?

That's amazing!

Btw, good to know there's another guy from England here. cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Still over priced XD
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:56 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
I doubt they would drop the price of those map packs, if they drop the price of the game they must be planning to increase the price of the map packs.

That makes no sense why would they increase the price of the DLC? Hell has that ever happened to any game? lol.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I agree. Didn't Bungie do that with the Heroic map pack, or was it always free? In any case, last I checked, they dropped the Legendary map pack by 200 points.

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Um . . . no . . . that's the fucking stupidest logic I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:43 pm

The mappacks cost more than the game.

Lolz.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

Lolz.
Is there a Game of the Year Edition of World at War? I know there was one for Call of Duty 4.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Lolz.
Is there a Game of the Year Edition of World at War? I know there was one for Call of Duty 4.

No. For there to be a GOTY edition it would have needed to be nominated enough for it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Lolz.

No. For there to be a GOTY edition it would have needed to be nominated enough for it.
Oh, please, games have Game of the Year editions all the time, and few actually win Game of the Year. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:37 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Lolz.

Oh, please, games have Game of the Year editions all the time, and few actually win Game of the Year. Razz

Well, Gears 2 and Fallout 3 had a GOTY edition and they came out in the same year. I'm just saying that the game would actually have to be rated very highly for there to be a possibility of a GOTY edition. Atleast that's what I've been seeing.

But to answer your question, no there has not been a GOTY edition of COD WaW.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Lolz.

Well, Gears 2 and Fallout 3 had a GOTY edition and they came out in the same year. I'm just saying that the game would actually have to be rated very highly for there to be a possibility of a GOTY edition. Atleast that's what I've been seeing.

Well a lot of games have "Game of the Year" slapped onto them, like Left 4 Dead. I think the Game of the Year Edition was the game + Survival mode (which is free to download anyways). Then you have Uncharted 2 which pretty much stole every Game of the Year award last year and STILL doesn't have a Game of the Year Edition (although I hear one is on the way).
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:52 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Lolz.

Well a lot of games have "Game of the Year" slapped onto them, like Left 4 Dead. I think the Game of the Year Edition was the game + Survival mode (which is free to download anyways). Then you have Uncharted 2 which pretty much stole every Game of the Year award last year and STILL doesn't have a Game of the Year Edition (although I hear one is on the way).

L4D was a decent enough game for one though. Damn-near AAA metascore and millions of copies sold. All I'm saying is that you won't see a GOTY edition of a Dynasty Warriors game or whatever.

UC2 definantely deserves a GOTY edition. They could package the DLC maps with the game and price it at 40 bucks.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Lolz.

L4D was a decent enough game for one though. Damn-near AAA metascore and millions of copies sold. All I'm saying is that you won't see a GOTY edition of a Dynasty Warriors game or whatever.

UC2 definantely deserves a GOTY edition. They could package the DLC maps with the game and price it at 40 bucks.

They have. But its $50 USD

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/28/uncharted-2-among-thieves-game-of-the-year-edition-coming-october-12th/
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:58 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Lolz.

They have. But its $50 USD

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/28/uncharted-2-among-thieves-game-of-the-year-edition-coming-october-12th/

$50? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits   

Back to top Go down

CoD4: Modern Warfare and CoD: World at War Now Platinum Hits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1