This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

MLD Archives #6: All things Halo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Scolar Visari wrote:
Being new to Halo, Reach being my first game. I can personally say that the series isn't all that its all cracked up to be. I played through most of campaign of Reach but I found it INCREDIBLY BORING (the cut scenes that is) I can see why some might like the story but IMO its not good. The characters are pretty bad (Jorge rocks though).

I personally think any series could do as well as Halo if it had the advertising budget that Halo has.

Really?Reach's campaign was my second favorite Halo campaign(CE being the first).Let me guess, any cutscene without lots of explosions are boring right?How are the characters bad?

And the series is what its all cracked up to be.As a big shooter fan, I can personally say that it is.Ive tried plenty of shooters and Halo tops them all.Its addicting and fun as hell
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:17 pm

^
I dont like the Halo campaigns really.
It's just the multiplayer that interests me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:39 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
^
I dont like the Halo campaigns really.
It's just the multiplayer that interests me.

Thats because you suck and have no taste mr ghey!
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:24 pm

TRF wrote:
There's a difference between saying "Jews and Nazis are the same" and "Jews are just as bad as Nazis". The first is a fact (albeit incorrect), and the second is an opinion (which cannot be proven to be invalid).

I don't know what you're talking about or what the debate/argument whatever is about, but a fact cannot be false, it must be true to be a fact. Therefore, the first is not a fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:
Being new to Halo, Reach being my first game. I can personally say that the series isn't all that its all cracked up to be. I played through most of campaign of Reach but I found it INCREDIBLY BORING (the cut scenes that is) I can see why some might like the story but IMO its not good. The characters are pretty bad (Jorge rocks though).

I personally think any series could do as well as Halo if it had the advertising budget that Halo has.

Really?Reach's campaign was my second favorite Halo campaign(CE being the first).Let me guess, any cutscene without lots of explosions are boring right?How are the characters bad?

And the series is what its all cracked up to be.As a big shooter fan, I can personally say that it is.Ive tried plenty of shooters and Halo tops them all.Its addicting and fun as hell

Just ignore him Scolar, he's a hardcore halo fan, as you probably noticed.
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:

yeah, I was really pissed I thought it was supposed to be this awesome epic campaign but it ended up being pretty boring especially the cut scenes.

Nope not at all I just found them to be boring

the characters are bad (cept for Jorge) because they are all one dimensional

I guess we have to agree to disagree, I'm a big shooter fan as well and I can personally say that BFBC2 or KZ2 tops them all
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Scolar Visari wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:

yeah, I was really pissed I thought it was supposed to be this awesome epic campaign but it ended up being pretty boring especially the cut scenes.

I guess we have to agree to disagree, I'm a big shooter fan as well and I can personally say that BFBC2 or KZ2 tops them all

Weird.I never found KZ 2 or BFBC 2 to be even close as good to Halo.CoD is probally the closest best shooter to Halo

Thoguh im guessing you hate all FPS characters?because every FPS has one demensional characters....
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Thoguh im guessing you hate all FPS characters?because every FPS has one demensional characters....
I'm guessing you've never played or even heard of Bioshock, then.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:20 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I've always thought of Bioshock as an action RPG with a first person perspective. I suppose an FPS/RPG hybrid would be a better term for Bioshock. In any case don't refer to Bioshock as an FPS anymore. I know where you live.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:24 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

i never considered bioshock a FPS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Well you shoot...in a first person view...sooo....yeah...
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:29 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Well you can shoot...arrows and bolts and magic in Oblivion...in first person...soo...yeah....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:32 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Well you can shoot...arrows and bolts and magic in Oblivion...in first person...soo...yeah....

And? What does Oblivion have to do with this?
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:52 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You...don't get it? Just cause it's in first person doesn't automatically make it an FPS, Bioshock is more of an RPG than an FPS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:09 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You...don't get it? Just cause it's in first person doesn't automatically make it an FPS, Bioshock is more of an RPG than an FPS.

Its not mainly an FPS, but it can still be classified as one. And I wouldn't say it is an RPG, it just has RPG characteristics, like Assassins Creed.
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:

Weird.I never found KZ 2 or BFBC 2 to be even close as good to Halo.CoD is probally the closest best shooter to Halo

lol its the opposite for me Halo Reach is not even close to BFBC2 or KZ2 imo. COD really.

yeah pretty much except for a select few
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Its not mainly an FPS, but it can still be classified as one. And I wouldn't say it is an RPG, it just has RPG characteristics, like Assassins Creed.

No...

By your logic Metroid is a FPS.And if your gonna say that, I ganretee you that every metroid fan who sees that comment will facepalm
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

No...

By your logic Metroid is a FPS.And if your gonna say that, I ganretee you that every metroid fan who sees that comment will facepalm
Metroid IS an FPS. Metroid Prime, at least.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:54 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

No...

*Facepalm*x100

No it isnt.Prime is not a shooter.Trust me, ive been a big metroid fan for years
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

No...

*Facepalm*x100

No it isnt.Prime is not a shooter.Trust me, ive been a big metroid fan for years
Fine, first-person action-adventure make you happier?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

No...

You shoot in first person. That makes it an FPS. Is it mainly an FPS? No. But it still can be considered an FPS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #6: All things Halo   

Back to top Go down

MLD Archives #6: All things Halo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2