This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:55 pm

shit ya guys need to stop quoting as much lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:31 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:


Haha!
Right, because you really never cared about Gran Turismo......I'm sure it's fun waiting 5 years for a game that may not even be as good as you hoped. That's like ordering some coffee at a cafe, they give it to you like a few hours later and it's got some stuff floating about inside it.
By then you just don't care anymore, you've most likely got other stuff to do and tbh it's rather unappealing compared to other coffees you've had before.
Cheesy metaphor but it's logical.
Not game breaking?! HA! HA! HA!
This is a racing SIM. I'm sure in real life the ground beneath you just suddenly disappears. I'm sure that you can drive over nothingness...
In fact I'm sure that every time you are in a car crash your car turns into plasticine and just smears everywhere.
Got that?

Now you look like an idiot. I've said it before, that REAL LIFE racing games have never been my favorite. I like Wipeout & Mario Kart instead. But Gran Turismo Prologue was fun to me, and from that I purchased Ridge Racer 7, Forumla 1 Racing, and Forza 3. I've only had my PS3 for about 2 years and a half. XD I've never cared about GT until I played Prolouge. But even now, GT5 (And Motorstorm Apocalypse) takes the back seat to other games that ARE my favorite type of games. Like I said before, you're giving off the impression that you know for a fact, that that glitch has happened plenty of times before and is in fact purposely overlooked and will appear in the final build.
Well, not so much of a misinterpretation but as I said before, you twisted what I said. Overexaggerated it.
Ok, so you said I misinterpreted what you said, but now you say I didn't. You're back saying I twisted what you said? Over exaggerated it? HOW SO?

Haha except that what you mentioned is the only flaw there is for Halo. I mean, it's only been a couple of years since we had Halo 3. It's had one of the biggest replay values of any game out there and on top of that we got Halo Wars AND Halo ODST to bridge the gap before Halo Reach.
There have been ZERO Gran Turismo games on ps3 (lol just mediocre demos). In fact there are barely any decent racing exclusives on ps3. Motorstorm is about it and that's off-road.

To have waited so long and not only have all the above things I mentioned but on top of that, also serious glitches.... is a mega fail.

OOooookay...what the fuck does any of that have to do with anything? Saying its one of the only flaw/glitches (even though its not) to appear in Reach...MAKES IT OK? Are you saying that a glitch that alienates owners of SKU's from a FEATURE of their game is OK? And that a small disappearing road is even more detrimental? The amount of Halo games doesn't matter in this conversation, why are you bringing it up? The amount of racing exclusives on PS3 doesn't matter either, why bring it up? PS3 only has 1 less racer than 360. =/
If you think GT5 is a mega fail, then fine, but your reasons as to why you believe that are silly. If you think those are serious glitches, then I hope you NEVER played Fable 2, it was game breaking glitch central!

HAHAHA OH SO FUNNY! THE GAME IVE BEEN HYPING FOR 5 YEARS IS MEDIOCRE HAHAHAHA OHH SO FUNNY HAHAHA!!
How can I hype something for 5 years when I learned of its existence a year or so ago, got my first introduction into the franchise 2 years ago, and only owned a PS3 for about 2.5 years? We should all pray that Duke Nukem Forever doesn't have ANY glitches. Demonwolf would go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:34 pm

DW, it's still going to be a great game regardless.

Do you really think games that have glitches before release are shit when they do launch? Halo CE had the WORST E3 demo on the year it came out. Yet it is now regarded as a major Xbox classic.

For the Halo Reach glitch where harddrive-less owners can't play co-op, I could hardly care about them. Cheap assholes who buy half a console should get half the features. If you buy an Xbox without an HDD thats like buying an HDTV without HD cable.

In a matter of fact, harddrive-less owners hold back game development since most developers don't use the harddrive caching features in spite of them. So fuck em.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:


Haha!
Right, because you really never cared about Gran Turismo......I'm sure it's fun waiting 5 years for a game that may not even be as good as you hoped. That's like ordering some coffee at a cafe, they give it to you like a few hours later and it's got some stuff floating about inside it.
By then you just don't care anymore, you've most likely got other stuff to do and tbh it's rather unappealing compared to other coffees you've had before.
Cheesy metaphor but it's logical.
Not game breaking?! HA! HA! HA!
This is a racing SIM. I'm sure in real life the ground beneath you just suddenly disappears. I'm sure that you can drive over nothingness...
In fact I'm sure that every time you are in a car crash your car turns into plasticine and just smears everywhere.
Got that?

Now you look like an idiot. I've said it before, that REAL LIFE racing games have never been my favorite. I like Wipeout & Mario Kart instead. But Gran Turismo Prologue was fun to me, and from that I purchased Ridge Racer 7, Forumla 1 Racing, and Forza 3. I've only had my PS3 for about 2 years and a half. XD I've never cared about GT until I played Prolouge. But even now, GT5 (And Motorstorm Apocalypse) takes the back seat to other games that ARE my favorite type of games. Like I said before, you're giving off the impression that you know for a fact, that that glitch has happened plenty of times before and is in fact purposely overlooked and will appear in the final build.

I look like an idiot? Haha! Says the person who's happy to settle with a game that crosses nearly all the boxes to being a next-gen version of Big Rigs.

Oh, your taste in racing games means that I'm owned. I can't possibly respond because like your opinion is superior. Neutral
Dude, really. Now we're basing this argument off whether you will enjoy it or not. That's not the purpose of my argument. I'm saying that this is a kick in the teeth for all of those who are actually GT fans. Not only that but Polyphony keep messing up. It's seriously pathetic. And the more you act as if this glitch is nothing, the more apathy you have towards it only makes it seem as if you couldn't give 2 shits about this game at all. If you honestly thought the game looked great, if you honestly were hyped about it then if you saw all these fails you'd be outraged. You'd be thinking "oh great, the game which looked so good, the game I loved the demo of turns out to be full of fail".
Instead you're acting like it's no big deal "ah no, they may iron out this issue before release but even if they don't, nevermind! I quite like the idea of floating cars....." And yes, now I'm doing the same as you.... twisting your words & overexaggerating.


Well, not so much of a misinterpretation but as I said before, you twisted what I said. Overexaggerated it.
Ok, so you said I misinterpreted what you said, but now you say I didn't. You're back saying I twisted what you said? Over exaggerated it? HOW SO?

You said:
The length of development means glitches should be nearly non existent
That's just an exaggeration of what I said and at the same time you're twisting my words. You're taking what I said and making it sound worse. I never claimed anything like that. I merely said on top of all the game's current flaws, it's also got glitches. I never said there shouldn't be glitches. But let's be honest, that's quite a massive glitch to overlook!


Haha except that what you mentioned is the only flaw there is for Halo. I mean, it's only been a couple of years since we had Halo 3. It's had one of the biggest replay values of any game out there and on top of that we got Halo Wars AND Halo ODST to bridge the gap before Halo Reach.
There have been ZERO Gran Turismo games on ps3 (lol just mediocre demos). In fact there are barely any decent racing exclusives on ps3. Motorstorm is about it and that's off-road.

To have waited so long and not only have all the above things I mentioned but on top of that, also serious glitches.... is a mega fail.


OOooookay...what the fuck does any of that have to do with anything? Saying its one of the only flaw/glitches (even though its not) to appear in Reach...MAKES IT OK? Are you saying that a glitch that alienates owners of SKU's from a FEATURE of their game is OK? And that a small disappearing road is even more detrimental? The amount of Halo games doesn't matter in this conversation, why are you bringing it up? The amount of racing exclusives on PS3 doesn't matter either, why bring it up? PS3 only has 1 less racer than 360. =/
If you think GT5 is a mega fail, then fine, but your reasons as to why you believe that are silly. If you think those are serious glitches, then I hope you NEVER played Fable 2, it was game breaking glitch central!

Absolutely not. It's a bad thing for any game to have stuff like that but nevertheless, it's one flaw. One single flaw. Is that the only thing you can bring to the table? Honestly. It's a horrible flaw, absolutely but it is the only flaw the game has. And since when has this been about Halo? I never claimed the game was perfect, hell if it were so great I would have it by now. But my point is that Gran Turismo is just not up to scratch. It's not what it should be and what people expected it to be. Polyphony should have a masterpiece but instead they've got an average racer with some nice looking vehicles but then you've also got all the horrible flaws. Whether you care to acknowledge them or not is irrelevant. They are there and they're marring the game that could be amazing.
And just for the record, I never claimed Gran Turismo is a bad game. I believe it will be AAA but I believe it is horribly flawed.


HAHAHA OH SO FUNNY! THE GAME IVE BEEN HYPING FOR 5 YEARS IS MEDIOCRE HAHAHAHA OHH SO FUNNY HAHAHA!!
How can I hype something for 5 years when I learned of its existence a year or so ago, got my first introduction into the franchise 2 years ago, and only owned a PS3 for about 2.5 years? We should all pray that Duke Nukem Forever doesn't have ANY glitches. Demonwolf would go crazy.

Rolling Eyes I'm sure you speak for every single Gran Turismo fan out there....

And of course I would be crazy if Duke Nukem had serious glitches after all of this time! Holy crap, think about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:00 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
And of course I would be crazy if Duke Nukem had serious glitches after all of this time! Holy crap, think about it!
Good thing Gran Turismo 5 doesn't have any serious glitches.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:38 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
And of course I would be crazy if Duke Nukem had serious glitches after all of this time! Holy crap, think about it!
Good thing Gran Turismo 5 doesn't have any serious glitches.

Haha I beg to differ.
A game in which the primary focus is on realism, to have a glitch that makes the ground disappear, that undermines the depth of the earth.....is just utterly pathetic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:03 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
And of course I would be crazy if Duke Nukem had serious glitches after all of this time! Holy crap, think about it!
Good thing Gran Turismo 5 doesn't have any serious glitches.

Haha I beg to differ.
A game in which the primary focus is on realism, to have a glitch that makes the ground disappear, that undermines the depth of the earth.....is just utterly pathetic.
Is the game still playable? Yes. More than playable. The Reach glitch is much more serious, as it renders parts of the game unplayable.

Besides, now that the glitch has come to light, I'm sure Polyphony will fix it.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Jamin wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Small glitches doesn't make a game an epic fail.
Yeah, it really isn't a big deal. But I should suspect such a reaction here. Remember how there were shared cum shots over dead batteries? :
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net/the-console-war-f1/sonys-move-fails-to-work-during-a-demonstration-t3685.htm
LOL Glad you enjoyed it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch   

Back to top Go down
 
Epic Gran Turismo 5 Glitch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» GRAN TURISMO 6
» Things Gran Turismo does better than Forza
» 2014 GT300 series for Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3
» Zeta's 2014 Gran Turismo 6 Season (PS3) Gauging Interest thread
» GT5/GT6 touge tuning advice thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: