This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Graphics Of The Year?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Graphics
God Of War
42%
 42% [ 16 ]
Enslaved
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
Heavy Rain
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Mass Effect 2
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Sniper Ghost Warrior
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
Halo Reach
13%
 13% [ 5 ]
Alan Wake
13%
 13% [ 5 ]
Splinter Cell Conviction
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Castlevania Lord Of Shadows
4%
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38
 

AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Well I'm sure I can live with the fact that the best looking ps3 game looks a slightly bit better than the best looking 360 game.
Btw that's not the best picture to show how good GOW looks. There are much better pics.
The floor = flat. They should've at least used procedural texturing to hide that fact. It's also not got very clear detail on it.
The daisies also look inferior to the flowers on Kameo which didn't look that good either.

But anyway, I'll let you have this victory Razz

Now can we just move on and just enjoy the games, and leave the bitching to ps3 fanboys? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Debate is over I know, but I saw something that caught my eye.

DemonWolf - "I found Toy Story 3, a movie-tie in, to have much better textures than GOW3. "

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Please tell me that was a typo and you meant GoW for the PSP. Oh please please please!! If not you are officially bat shit insane!!! drunken
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Stoney wrote:
Debate is over I know, but I saw something that caught my eye.

DemonWolf - "I found Toy Story 3, a movie-tie in, to have much better textures than GOW3. "

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Please tell me that was a typo and you meant GoW for the PSP. Oh please please please!! If not you are officially bat shit insane!!! drunken

No! It's true. Toy Story 3 for PSP has better graphics than God Of War 3. It's a fact. I mean look at teh potentialz of that:

See? It looks like a 10000 times better than this piece of crap:






lmao nah, that was actually a mistake. I meant to type God Of War Chains Of Olympus. ROFL but your reaction was worth it. XD XD XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Oh thank Zeus! king
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Stoney wrote:
Oh thank Zeus! king

No. I dislike Zeus as he kept coming down to earth in different forms just to f*** the ladies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 456
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Lawlalwaw

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Halo Reach
just gonna say this now



duuumb-ASS
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 456
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Lawlalwaw

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Demon Wolf, I've already proven to you with hard numbers that GOW3's texture quality is significantly higher than PDZ. That's not an opinion. Texture quality is dictated by it's texture resolution and it's variety of texture maps.

You said that PDZ has a cool texture bumpy-effect. I'm saying that those are merely textures being overlayed by geometric polygons.

Textures are on character models AND environments. God of War 3 has good texture quality on other things too, not just Kratos. But you brought him up in that screenshot saying that farther away he doesn't look as good.

None of PDZ looks good to today's standards, not even the textures which you keep argueing about....It's texture quality is barely average and it's just being reused and and overlayed to make it look shinny. It's insulting that you think a launch title looks better than titles like Gears of War and God of War.

Don't argue with me about Blu-ray and data duplication. Razz I know ALLLLL about that. I even made threads about it too. Since the PS3 has slightly less RAM than the X360, some developers stream textures off the Blu-ray disc. God of War 3's needed a dual-layered Blu-ray disc mainly because of the large amounts of textures stored on the Blu-ray. FFXIII ate up alot of space not because of texture quality, but because of all the pre-rendered video on the disc (approximately 33 GBs were used for the cutscenes).

God of War 3 wouldn't look better as a large scale RPG, ofcourse. If it was an open-world game everything would need to be rendered. You are saying that God of War 3 is linear BECAUSE of the fact that they are trying to make the game look pretty when God of War has always been a linear hack and slash title.

From a purely visual standpoint, NO console game matches GOW3. Despite the "restrictions". You are trying to argue otherwise by saying the texture quality isn't as great when close up, which is also wrong considering the fact that the close up 100% ingame cutscenes prove otherwise.

http://www.destructoid.com/god-of-war-iii-eats-up-35-gigs-on-a-blu-ray-disc-164577.phtml

"But let's face it, so far there's been no game that has anti-aliasing like that mixed with texture detail like perfect dark zero's, mixed with a fully movable, close-up camera, mixed with hundreds of environmental models and moving pieces, running at over 30fps. "

Anyone that has differing opinions shouldn't be called an insecure fanboy. I mean personally I think the accusations that you made are absolutely rediculous, but I still gave you the benefit of the doubt to present your point of view. Maybe you just like the art style of PDZ, since the game does rather look shiny, but it's not this technical beast that you think it is.
gow 3 is coming in late 2011 so it isnt a suprise, nor is it a option to choose from
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 456
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Lawlalwaw

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:32 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Madtoker wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
yogsam wrote:
You guys need to play "Castlevania", it's one of the best multiplatform games i've ever seen.
Enslaved looks great, Reach has a lot of great stuff but the lack of MSAA and that grain filter just don't do it for me.
I'm going with Alan Wake 'cause is awesome in so many levels.

-Great Atmosphere
-Amazing lighting effects.
-Great Shadows effects
-Cool looking water
-Great draw distance

Remedy, you rock! <3

i have to agree with the part you said for castlevania.it has one of the most amazing graphics ive ever seen in my life.so for me its almost a tie between halo reach and castlevania lords of shadow

confused

Castlevania has like the same graphics as god of war 3. In fact the whole gameplay is the same. Wtf! Shocked

I cant believe I spent so long downloading yet another GOW clone. As if the gow games themselves weren't already clones of well, themselves.
as if halo games arnt clones, or mass effect, or grand theft auto, or mario. who cares, its still fun. besides, gow 3 has a higher metacritic score.
but you are entitled to your opinion, just dont make a statement about it being bad

Tell me, what is Halo a clone of?
isnt it obvious? alan wake duhh
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Halo Reach actually looks rather good.
The texture detail is quite nice. My only complaint with it graphically is some of the civilian character models are mediocre and also the weather effects are quite bad, if you look up in the sky you can't even see the rain!
And it uses a very typical ps3 exclusive graphic style for ground textures, made to look good from playing distance but when you zoom in it looks bad.
Other than that though, it really has lovely visuals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Madtoker wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Halo Reach
just gonna say this now



duuumb-ASS

no u
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:43 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Halo Reach
just gonna say this now



duuumb-ASS

no u

Lol arbiter, wheres the vid? XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 456
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Lawlalwaw

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:58 pm

no u
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   

Back to top Go down
 
Graphics Of The Year?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Similar topics
-
» Happy New Year everyone.
» New graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB
» Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines?
» The Hottest 41 Year Old Right Now
» 3DS games coming this Year

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: