This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:26 pm

http://www.tqcast.com/2010/10/08/u-verse-on-xbox-360-november-7th-sony-beaten-again/

Ps3 got pwnt!

Of course this is only one source..but I thought you'd be interested.

Last edited by DemonWolf on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Well yes the 360 is way more fun than the PS3, and Xbox Live blows away PSN. This most of us know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:53 am

its true......360 makes up for lack of bluray in a variety of ways, like this Uverse thingy

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 pm

"This comes as a serious blow to Sony and the PS3 as their slogan “It Only Does Everything” seems to more accurately describe their competition now. Many tech heads actually view the Xbox 360 as the ultimate home media device despite its lack of Blu-Ray support already. And recent statistics reflect that the PS3 is fast losing ground as the best selling Blu-Ray device with prices on competitors’ products expected to dip below $100 during the holidays."

This is what I always though. The Xbox 360 has much better media functionality. Streaming photos and music isn't as over-complicated as it is on the PS3. Plus Windows Media Center f*cking pwns.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:39 am

Alan1994 wrote:
"This comes as a serious blow to Sony and the PS3 as their slogan “It Only Does Everything” seems to more accurately describe their competition now. Many tech heads actually view the Xbox 360 as the ultimate home media device despite its lack of Blu-Ray support already. And recent statistics reflect that the PS3 is fast losing ground as the best selling Blu-Ray device with prices on competitors’ products expected to dip below $100 during the holidays."

This is what I always though. The Xbox 360 has much better media functionality. Streaming photos and music isn't as over-complicated as it is on the PS3. Plus Windows Media Center f*cking pwns.

Indeed.
Razz Xbox 360 ftw.
And how do you actually use Windows Media Center? :/
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:26 am

This thread should be called 'Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again in the USA' because North America seems to be the only region that ever gets this stuff.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:46 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
This thread should be called 'Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again in the USA' because North America seems to be the only region that ever gets this stuff.

Yeah, that's true...

But nah, I'll leave it. We don't know if it will be exclusive to USA for certain.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:27 pm

None of that is available to me here in Europe.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
None of that is available to me here in Europe.

Yup. Same.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Personally I don't think any of these services make up for Blu-Ray, but they are nice.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 pm

I assume you need XBL Gold to use this feature, and not only that, but does U-Verse have to be available in your area?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Jamin wrote:
I assume you need XBL Gold to use this feature, and not only that, but does U-Verse have to be available in your area?

my area?
Did I write this article?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:58 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

my area?

What a Face
*facepalm* That wasn't a question directed to you, I'm questioning the availability of U-Verse. I'm asking if U-Verse has to be available in your area if you want to take advantage of U-Verse on Xbox360. If you didn't know, U-Verse is a service supplied by AT&T. In some areas, they only have Time Warner, Comcast, and etc. So I'm asking if U-Verse has to be available in your area, in order to use it on your Xbox360.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

my area?

What a Face
*facepalm* That wasn't a question directed to you, I'm questioning the availability of U-Verse. I'm asking if U-Verse has to be available in your area if you want to take advantage of U-Verse on Xbox360. If you didn't know, U-Verse is a service supplied by AT&T. In some areas, they only have Time Warner, Comcast, and etc. So I'm asking if U-Verse has to be available in your area, in order to use it on your Xbox360.

So basically your being Buzz Killington Razz

360 gets it and PSN doesnt.....for now anyway. simple.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:49 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

my area?

What a Face

So you don't care about the availability of the service, as long as it's not on PSN? What if the service only worked in Arizona and Timbuktu? Would you still count that?
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:25 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

my area?

What a Face

Maybe you should put more thought into these things, MLD; Especially before you HURP DERP PSN NO GETZ!! I'm not saying its a bad service, nor am I being a "Buzz Killington". U-Verse is really different compared to the other features of XBL, which is why I asked what I did. It turns out, that you have to have the service already, and have at least one standard receiver or a U-Verse DVR operational in your house. So yeah, its only limited to those who have U-Verse available in their area. Razz Not bad, but definitely not what people made it out to be. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:45 am

Oh jamin sorry I misread your post. I thought you asked if it was in my area. My apologies Razz
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:17 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Oh jamin sorry I misread your post. I thought you asked if it was in my area. My apologies Razz
Its cool, dog. afro
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm still confused on why Jamin is still here...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Pickles wrote:

Why not?
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:23 am

Pickles wrote:
I don't know, Pickles. Why don't you ask the moderation team and administrator for the details behind my banning and unbanning. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:
I don't know, Pickles. Why don't you ask the moderation team and administrator for the details behind my banning and unbanning. What a Face

Jamin's awesome, he shouldn't be banned.

Just look at his avatar.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Why not?

I think it's pretty obvious.
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Pickles wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Why not?

Obvious? As obvious as breaking a rule? Well, that's why I'm still here, I didn't break any. TROLLS don't get UNBANNED. People like myself and Jub get banned due to certain members of authority letting their personal feelings control their moderation powers. If the rules were really enforced, people like IcyMeteor wouldn't be here. XD
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Why not?

Obvious? As obvious as breaking a rule? Well, that's why I'm still here, I didn't break any. TROLLS don't get UNBANNED. People like myself and Jub get banned due to certain members of authority letting their personal feelings control their moderation powers. If the rules were really enforced, people like IcyMeteor wouldn't be here. XD

*Thinks of Arby* Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again   

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 makes up for blu-ray once again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next