This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:38 am

I can't believe I never saw this. This video was from GDC 2009; it shows the ps3 & 360 running Cryengine 3. This is a year old, so if you've seen it before, my apologies.

Wow... I find it hard to believe that such graphical quality is possible on either console! But the thing is, the graphics on both versions are identicle. Read the description (btw Machinima originally uploaded it but I posted this version because it's much better quality)
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Yes they are, this has been described over and over again.

RSX chip in the PS3 is not as good as the chip Xenox chip in the 360,
however the Cell processor can also process graphics making up for the lack for the RSX.

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:22 pm

I don't need a video to prove that.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Yes they are, this has been described over and over again.

RSX chip in the PS3 is not as good as the chip Xenox chip in the 360,
however the Cell processor can also process graphics making up for the lack for the RSX.

I see.
Cool. But wow.... the video shows that it's capable of doing some prettyi mpressive visuals.
Alan1994 wrote:
I don't need a video to prove that.

Okay then... but at least watch it and look at what they're capable of!!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:37 pm

I already did. A year ago Razz. Ja noob.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I already did. A year ago Razz. Ja noob.

Laughing oh okay then.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Btw, Crytek will be using the CryEngine 3 for the Xbox 360 exclusive "Codename: Kingdoms".

If Crysis 2 is any indictation of what that game will look like then I'm VERY excited to see what it looks like.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Btw, Crytek will be using the CryEngine 3 for the Xbox 360 exclusive "Codename: Kingdoms".

If Crysis 2 is any indictation of what that game will look like then I'm VERY excited to see what it looks like.

Wow!
Microsoft should seriously buy some of Crytek's team to make some epic exclusives Razz
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:48 pm

I doubt those were pushing the consoles. I've seen better.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:56 pm

TRF wrote:

You're really hard to please aren't you?

It looks pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:01 pm

TRF wrote:

lol really?
I dont think there will be any game that looks better than Crysis 2 on 360/Ps3 for the time being.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:20 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

lol really?
I dont think there will be any game that looks better than Crysis 2 on 360/Ps3 for the time being.
Based on that demo, I personally think that better has been done on the 360 AND PS3.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:53 pm

You guys remind of the reactions people had when they saw the first movies ever made.

Too bad video games are the equivalent of those movies...
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

You're really hard to please aren't you?

It looks pretty damn good.
I didn't say they looked bad. I just said I've seen better. But yeah, I suppose I am hard to please in some cases.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:33 am

That is JUST a tech demo. It does look very nice, but some of the multiplayer beta footage I saw recently had parts of buildings popping in...YOUR FACE, and had screen tearing problems. Granted, it is just a beta, so there is still tons of room for improvements. In the footage, there was more flora than what you'd see in other games, but what disappointed me was that none of it moved or swayed like in Crysis & Crysis Warhead. Graphically, it didn't look much better than what we see today, but it was definitely shinier.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Jamin wrote:
That is JUST a tech demo. It does look very nice, but some of the multiplayer beta footage I saw recently had parts of buildings popping in...YOUR FACE, and had screen tearing problems. Granted, it is just a beta, so there is still tons of room for improvements. In the footage, there was more flora than what you'd see in other games, but what disappointed me was that none of it moved or swayed like in Crysis & Crysis Warhead. Graphically, it didn't look much better than what we see today, but it was definitely shinier.

Crysis 2 cannot compare visually with Crysis 1.

CryEngine 3 is essentially a downgrade from the CryEngine 2 so that way it can run on consoles. With that said, it still looks very impressive on the consoles.

As you said it's just a beta so I'm sure they will fix any major graphical glitches before launch, besides didn't it get delayed to get more time for polish?

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:41 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Jamin wrote:

Crysis 2 cannot compare visually with Crysis 1.

CryEngine 3 is essentially a downgrade from the CryEngine 2 so that way it can run on consoles. With that said, it still looks very impressive on the consoles.

As you said it's just a beta so I'm sure they will fix any major graphical glitches before launch, besides didn't it get delayed to get more time for polish?

I thought Crytek just made downgraded version of CryEngine 3 for consoles aswel as the proper version for PC. Why make a new engine if its weaker than your previous one.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:19 pm

I like how you have a thread called" I hate graphic whores" OP
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:44 pm

Pickles wrote:
Shhhhhhhh! Only saying "Graphics over Gameplay" makes people a graphics whore; Always comparing, arguing, and opening dozens of topics about graphics doesn't! Its different. pirat
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Shhhhhhhh! Only saying "Graphics over Gameplay" makes people a graphics whore; Always comparing, arguing, and opening dozens of topics about graphics doesn't! Its different. pirat

Lol Razz

EDIT:

Shit I just realized I'm a graphics whore.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:09 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Lol Razz

EDIT:

Shit I just realized I'm a graphics whore.

SHAME
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:36 am

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Lol! Screw you Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics   

Back to top Go down

It's safe to say that 360 + ps3 have equally amazing graphics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1