This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NickCutter2



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:48 am

This is what the legion of PS3 fanboys like to have you believe because deep down they know 360 has the better quality games. They use the RROD as an excuse to stay away from 360 and also use the failure rate as justification that their system is better. So when an article appeared a few months back about Sony wanting PS3s to YLOD I was curious.

I am a PS3 owner myself. And PS3 is behaving just as badly as my 360. I take extra good care of it and yet I've had just as many. So I decided to quiz other PS3 owners on their experiences. Are they really masking the true failure rate?

The answer is yes. They are. The fact that two PS3 fanboys accused me of making two accounts (I only made one and had no intention of making anything up) proves they are covering a fact. Just look at these two forums with the replies. Besides that I have other links of PS3 owners confessing they have had failures and even a video of an angry fan who slams the PS3 slim. Yes the slim also has problems.

In fact one user in my survey claimed we don't know the true failure rate of the slim because it hasn't been out long enough.

I am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future when its just extra storage and besides that only PS3 exclusives need it. Face facts PS3 fanboys. MS beat Sony to the punch and PS3 can't do much that the 360 can.

But enough of my ranting. See for yourself.

http://forums.n4g.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=859185&mpage=1#859185

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27482999&msg_id=325926002#325926002

http://n4g.com/news/636274/sonys-fallen-giant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcMOIVh7KTA

For the video I suggest you click at 0:50 - 1:20, 2:20 and 4:30 - 5:10
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 24
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:58 am

Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:46 am

Yeah I see where you're coming from. There definately seems to be a higher failure rate for ps3 than people seem to claim.
But at the end of the day, things always break anyway. As long as you have fun with it and get a replacement, nevermind.
But still:
Quote :
December 24, 2007: Purchased $500 80gig Motorstorm PS3 bundle.
December 21, 2008: YLOD - During 6-hour stretch of Fallout 3.
January 12, 2009: Received $162 refurb from Sony.
September 19, 2009: YLOD - Upon start up.
September 20, 2009: YLOD fixes itself. Divine Kutaragi intervention?
September 27, 2009: YLOD strikes back upon start up. Console is taken apart, shown to be missing a ton of screws and an abundant amount of white goo is smeared all over the motherboard. The PS3 finds a new home in pieces at the bottom of my trash can.

SHOCKING!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
NickCutter2



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:25 am

Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

I agree. GT5 is the domination of it's genre. I meant others like Killzone 2. Nobody can deny it. Its graphically amazing. But the gameplay in this is so slow. You can find many glitches in it (stuff I don't even normally notice). And the control actually feels stiff. Halo is far superior to this.

If 360 didn't have RROD it would have been one of the greatest consoles ever. I think it has by far the best games this generation. Some PS3 exclusives are good. But most of them aren't as good as the fanboys pretend they are.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 1984
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 23
Location : Amagakure

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:39 am

ive had 2...2 YLODS!!!! wtf!
the first one was last year in september,it fucked up and i had to replace my old 60gb with a new one,it was a 80 gb console,after two months the 80 gb fucked up and i got a slim,have it almost a year and it's running good but i dont play it much because i find the 360 more funner and better to play
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:43 pm

lol?wow we certainly had a surge of console war members joining yesterday.........
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

GT5 is not out yet, but it is the newer game thus it is better. I expect Forza 4 to be just as awesome/
Back to top Go down
SammX
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

Fable 3 is not exclusive man.
As for kinect being revolutionary, no, the technology was around in 2001, they ever released a thing like it, it tracked your head movement, and the camera moved like that, but it was a flop, so they abandoned it.
Back to top Go down
SammX
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:32 pm

and honsetly, who gives a fuck about blu-ray? Nicer looking movies? Well I don't really care about it, dvd quality is perfect for me.
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 24
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:58 pm

SammX wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

Fable 3 is not exclusive man.

What do you mean?

wait... theres a PC version for Fable III..........

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL BE ABLE TO PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pity its not released at same time as 360 version Sad
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:35 pm

Yes. The surveyors must be getting paid by Sony. They obviously purposely inflate the 360's failure rate and deflate the PS3's failure rate. Rolling Eyes

While I still believe that the PS3 has a lower failure rate than the 360, I can say that both are at a comfortable failure rate. I've had my 360 for two years now and it hasn't broken on me, and my PS3 for one year now and it hasn't broken on me either.

As for game library, that's all based in opinion. I prefer the single-player experiences that the PS3 has, but for multiplayer I will go to the 360 (mainly Halo).

Blu-Ray is more than just storage space, and even if it was just storage space, that's still something to brag about. Extra space means bigger games and less discs to swap (ex. Final Fantasy XIII, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, RAGE, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:09 pm

SammX wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

Fable 3 is not exclusive man.
But what every Xbox 360 fanboy say is that "PC is not a console". And besides, this is a CONSOLE war.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:49 pm

SammX wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

Fable 3 is not exclusive man.As for kinect being revolutionary, no, the technology was around in 2001, they ever released a thing like it, it tracked your head movement, and the camera moved like that, but it was a flop, so they abandoned it.

As of right now it is. And even if a Microsoft Windows version is eventually coming later on, Fable 3 is still in a console sense an exclusive. The PC is a different market than the consoles are. In the console wars, you can't pull the PC card. If a game is on one console but not the other it's considered an exclusive. Even Sony uses the term "console exclusive".

The technology IS different than eyetoy. It doesn't use smoke and mirrors to simulate your skeletal movements, it tracks it in 3D all the time. Different tech, better results. It wasn't abandoned on PS3, Move uses the Eyetoy to help it track your body movements.

Back to top Go down
NickCutter2



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:30 am

TRF wrote:
Blu-Ray is more than just storage space, and even if it was just storage space, that's still something to brag about. Extra space means bigger games and less discs to swap (ex. Final Fantasy XIII, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, RAGE, etc.)

Honestly I don't see what the problem is here. Take MGS 4 as an example. I would rather take two seconds to get off my ass and switch a disc than take about two minutes to install every level. This is a problem for me because MGS 4 is a great game and I get fed up with constantly installing when I don't even see a need to.

And like I said before, and you so rightly pointed out, it has extra disc space. But this is the big question. How many games really, truthfully and honestly need this extra space? Its either much bigger later 360 games (like ME2 for example) or its games which were specifically developed for PS3 (something that was/is exclusive) that even bother to use it.

The bigger games argument is flawed because from many of the PS3 exclusives I've played the single player games are about the same length of single player 360 games. NG 2 for example is the same length as Uncharted. Or about the same at least. Many multiplats to this day run much better on 360 still. And the DVD space wouldn't seem like such a problem if new consoles were coming out in the typical 5 year run. But Sony have a 10 year plan. Wonder why that is. Maybe because PS3 took a lot longer to be profitable.

Lets not deny it here. On paper Sony had a high tech console which could potentially have outclassed 360 above and beyond. Except for things Sony didn't take into account. Development costs have sky-rocketed. The PS3 itself is much harder to develop for than 360 and because third parties take the easy way out multiplats are running better on 360 because of it (even to this day). But the main point is really if only your own developers (and the odd third party willing to take a risk) are taking advantage of the tech the way you intended it doesn't look that great by comparison.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:36 am

NickCutter2 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Blu-Ray is more than just storage space, and even if it was just storage space, that's still something to brag about. Extra space means bigger games and less discs to swap (ex. Final Fantasy XIII, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, RAGE, etc.)

Honestly I don't see what the problem is here. Take MGS 4 as an example. I would rather take two seconds to get off my ass and switch a disc than take about two minutes to install every level. This is a problem for me because MGS 4 is a great game and I get fed up with constantly installing when I don't even see a need to.

And like I said before, and you so rightly pointed out, it has extra disc space. But this is the big question. How many games really, truthfully and honestly need this extra space? Its either much bigger later 360 games (like ME2 for example) or its games which were specifically developed for PS3 (something that was/is exclusive) that even bother to use it.

The bigger games argument is flawed because from many of the PS3 exclusives I've played the single player games are about the same length of single player 360 games. NG 2 for example is the same length as Uncharted. Or about the same at least. Many multiplats to this day run much better on 360 still. And the DVD space wouldn't seem like such a problem if new consoles were coming out in the typical 5 year run. But Sony have a 10 year plan. Wonder why that is. Maybe because PS3 took a lot longer to be profitable.

Lets not deny it here. On paper Sony had a high tech console which could potentially have outclassed 360 above and beyond. Except for things Sony didn't take into account. Development costs have sky-rocketed. The PS3 itself is much harder to develop for than 360 and because third parties take the easy way out multiplats are running better on 360 because of it (even to this day). But the main point is really if only your own developers (and the odd third party willing to take a risk) are taking advantage of the tech the way you intended it doesn't look that great by comparison.
Blu-Ray is big. Even if it's not perfect this gen, it will be much better-utilized next generation. Sony is setting a standard in that sense.
Back to top Go down
NickCutter2



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:49 am

TRF wrote:
Blu-Ray is big. Even if it's not perfect this gen, it will be much better-utilized next generation. Sony is setting a standard in that sense.

I agree on this. They have set a standard. I will applaud Blu-Ray for its merits but with compression techniques like they are today 360 usually has the same data it just might be multiple discs.
Back to top Go down
SammX
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:25 am

Well as for MGS4, we are talking about Hideo Kojima, guy is notorius for more cutscenes than gameplay. I remember playing MGS2 for the first time, and before the final boss, there was a 20 minute cutscene. But he does not want to make a movie about it. Yeah makes no sense.

Alan1994 wrote:
SammX wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

Fable 3 is not exclusive man.As for kinect being revolutionary, no, the technology was around in 2001, they ever released a thing like it, it tracked your head movement, and the camera moved like that, but it was a flop, so they abandoned it.

As of right now it is. And even if a Microsoft Windows version is eventually coming later on, Fable 3 is still in a console sense an exclusive. The PC is a different market than the consoles are. In the console wars, you can't pull the PC card. If a game is on one console but not the other it's considered an exclusive. Even Sony uses the term "console exclusive".

The technology IS different than eyetoy. It doesn't use smoke and mirrors to simulate your skeletal movements, it tracks it in 3D all the time. Different tech, better results. It wasn't abandoned on PS3, Move uses the Eyetoy to help it track your body movements.


So what, a game is exclusive for 3 months then you regad it as one right now? Makes no sense, and besides, Consol wars, pull teh PC card? The fuck man, this si not a friggin game, I don't like fanboys, just shut up, enjoy the console you have and don't go shove it into other pepols faces. It's like running around with a Lollipop, that is red and a bit sour, and go laugh and insult the ones who bought a blue and sweet lollipopp.

And kinect is still not revolutionary, I admit it is advanced than the PS2 eyetoy, but have you played with one? I have, and with a kinect too. It's basically the same, but yeah, kinect is advanced. And it was not even made by Microsoft, some guys in Israel made it, offered it to apple they said no, and microsoft bought the tech. Once again, apple lost one of the most powerful thing in the industry, and microsoft snatched before them.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:24 am

^
Did you not read what he said?
He said that in the console war, Fable 3 is effectively an exclusive. And WHAT is exclusive other than a word? At the end of the day it is not on ps3 or ANY Sony system at all. If I owned a ps3 and not a 360, I could not play Fable 3 or Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2 or Mass Effect or Gears, etc
You can't assume that every single ps3 gamer owns a high-spec pc. (And even if they did they still can't play Alan Wake, Halo 3/ODST/Reach, Fable 2, Gears 2/3, PGR3/4, Forza 2/3, etc)


LOLWUT! If Kinect is not revolutionary then no tech is revolutionary. Kinect is the most impressive piece of hardware I've ever seen. Of course, some of the software isn't that good but for the most part, it does what it says on the box and it is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 24
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:43 am

Quote :
You can't assume that every single ps3 gamer owns a high-spec pc

I do.

It's a pity about not being able to play Fable II, but I'll be able to play Fable III! Hooray! I can get it for Christmas.

And since the PC can play video games, it should be regarded on an equal par with the consoles.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:25 am

[quote="Josephine Romano"]
Quote :
You can't assume that every single ps3 gamer owns a high-spec pc

I do.
/quote]

Ah one person. My entire argument is flawed now. lol you're an exception to the rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 98
Join date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:59 am

SammX wrote:
But he does not want to make a movie about it. Yeah makes no sense.
and you know why he doesn't want to make that film?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 am

Josephine Romano wrote:
Quote :
You can't assume that every single ps3 gamer owns a high-spec pc

I do.

It's a pity about not being able to play Fable II, but I'll be able to play Fable III! Hooray! I can get it for Christmas.

And since the PC can play video games, it should be regarded on an equal par with the consoles.

Not in the console wars.The console wars are generally PS3 vs 360, not PC.Plus the fatc that PC isnt a console(its a gaming platform) so it doesnt make sense bringing it into a war between something else different.

and dude, most gamers dont have high spec PC's.It can cost a good ammount of money.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Quote :
You can't assume that every single ps3 gamer owns a high-spec pc

I do.

It's a pity about not being able to play Fable II, but I'll be able to play Fable III! Hooray! I can get it for Christmas.

And since the PC can play video games, it should be regarded on an equal par with the consoles.

Not in the console wars.The console wars are generally PS3 vs 360, not PC.Plus the fatc that PC isnt a console(its a gaming platform) so it doesnt make sense bringing it into a war between something else different.

and dude, most gamers dont have high spec PC's.It can cost a good ammount of money.
So can consoles. $300 isn't exactly pocket change. Gaming PCs are a bigger initial investment, but are a lot cheaper in the long run. The games are cheaper, and when a new generation of consoles hits, you merely need to upgrade a few parts, whereas console owners will have to purchase a new console.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Quote :
You can't assume that every single ps3 gamer owns a high-spec pc

I do.

It's a pity about not being able to play Fable II, but I'll be able to play Fable III! Hooray! I can get it for Christmas.

And since the PC can play video games, it should be regarded on an equal par with the consoles.

Not in the console wars.The console wars are generally PS3 vs 360, not PC.Plus the fatc that PC isnt a console(its a gaming platform) so it doesnt make sense bringing it into a war between something else different.

and dude, most gamers dont have high spec PC's.It can cost a good ammount of money.
So can consoles. $300 isn't exactly pocket change. Gaming PCs are a bigger initial investment, but are a lot cheaper in the long run. The games are cheaper, and when a new generation of consoles hits, you merely need to upgrade a few parts, whereas console owners will have to purchase a new console.

Look at the average video game buyer's perspective.you want to buy a console to play video games.you walk into the store.Would you rather pay a cheaper ammount for a console plust he game and play it right away?or buy a gaming PC which takes more work to set up and costs more.I pretty positive that most consumers would pick the console option.No one will care if "it will save them money in the long run".And PC games arent much cheaper than console games.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Quote :
You can't assume that every single ps3 gamer owns a high-spec pc

I do.

It's a pity about not being able to play Fable II, but I'll be able to play Fable III! Hooray! I can get it for Christmas.

And since the PC can play video games, it should be regarded on an equal par with the consoles.

Not in the console wars.The console wars are generally PS3 vs 360, not PC.Plus the fatc that PC isnt a console(its a gaming platform) so it doesnt make sense bringing it into a war between something else different.

and dude, most gamers dont have high spec PC's.It can cost a good ammount of money.
So can consoles. $300 isn't exactly pocket change. Gaming PCs are a bigger initial investment, but are a lot cheaper in the long run. The games are cheaper, and when a new generation of consoles hits, you merely need to upgrade a few parts, whereas console owners will have to purchase a new console.

Look at the average video game buyer's perspective.you want to buy a console to play video games.you walk into the store.Would you rather pay a cheaper ammount for a console plust he game and play it right away?or buy a gaming PC which takes more work to set up and costs more.I pretty positive that most consumers would pick the console option.No one will care if "it will save them money in the long run".And PC games arent much cheaper than console games.
That is true. I was just responding to you saying that PCs can cost a good amount of money. I was merely explaining that in the long run, owning a PC can be cheaper than being a console gamer. Also, PC games can be a lot cheaper than console games. There was one site that was selling Black Ops for $45, plus Steam offers a lot of great deals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   

Back to top Go down
 
PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» RR WORKS PLZ TELL WOLFY!
» Basic Information How Cellphone Works?
» Anand: How memory works in chess
» How hr works.
» Grand Master conversion.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: