This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

No plans for New Xbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: No plans for New Xbox   Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 pm

http://xbox-360.nowgamer.com/news/4615/microsoft-no-plans-for-new-xbox
Quote :

Microsoft's UK Xbox chief Stephen McGill has confirmed that the manufacturer currently has no plans for a new console

"We've no plans for another Xbox," McGill said in an interview with EuroGamer. "You'll continue to see us bring amazing new experiences to the console, without you having to buy a brand new console. A couple of years ago we didn't have movies, Sky, Facebook and Twitter - now we've got things like Kinect."

Kinect launched in the UK today, and is being positioned by Microsoft as a completely new platform.
"We'll continue to evolve those gaming and entertainment experiences through the power of software updates, rather than new chipsets and plastic," added McGill.

Responding to comments made by Microsoft Exec Aaron Greenberg predicting the next Xbox in five years, McGill said: "I'm not sure what the timeframe is. There's a long long way to go with the experiences people deliver on this platform - we're just beginning to scratch the surface.

“We've no plans for another Xbox”

"Obviously we've got this brand new experience platform with Kinect. The launch games and experiences are pretty phenomenal but it's a gateway to unlock a lot of amazing ideas for developers. So there's a long way to go."

Earlier this year, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida predicted that Microsoft would beat Sony in releasing a new console.

Yay! I don't need to pay another $300 for a long long time!
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Cool. As long as they keep bringing in the core games, I'll be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:14 pm

yep around 2013-2014 i reckon it will be announced and i cant wait to see what they will do with xbox live
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:19 am

same was said about GTA expansions or bioshock........or ME2.

lol MS aint gonna give any hints when the holiday shopping season just starting.......

next year will be the 6th year of 360s cycle...........itll be as good a time as any to release the next wave nov 2011

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
xxgtasaxx
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:49 pm

I think the next xbox won't use optical media for it's games,download only, even more of a reason I need my lazy ISP to get DSL out here.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-community-in-boston/will-nextbox-720-be-download-only

If this is true than I hope we can use our own drives, SSD are sure to drop in price by then so imagine running games faster than anyone else online if they're using a HDD.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am

xxgtasaxx wrote:
I think the next xbox won't use optical media for it's games,download only, even more of a reason I need my lazy ISP to get DSL out here.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-community-in-boston/will-nextbox-720-be-download-only

If this is true than I hope we can use our own drives, SSD are sure to drop in price by then so imagine running games faster than anyone else online if they're using a HDD.

download only is suicide,it wont happen for sure.
Back to top Go down
xxgtasaxx
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:39 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
xxgtasaxx wrote:

download only is suicide,it wont happen for sure.

I know, just want to see what it's like to run a game off of something that can read and write at 150MB/s
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:18 am

I highly doubt the next gen of consoles will be download only. Sony have already said Blu-ray is their future format if or when the release a new console. I can't see MS going download only with the "PS4" using disc format. It would be madness as I for one wouldn't be buying a download only console.

Back to top Go down
ghana6
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 am

i sure as hell hope they dnt im getting my 360 next year and wouldnt enjoy seeing a new system being released
Back to top Go down
xxgtasaxx
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Stoney wrote:
I highly doubt the next gen of consoles will be download only. Sony have already said Blu-ray is their future format if or when the release a new console. I can't see MS going download only with the "PS4" using disc format. It would be madness as I for one wouldn't be buying a download only console.

Ok but say we already have lines that download at 1GB/s all around the world, would you like to see more download only systems or is it just that you like having the hard copy in your hands.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:49 pm

xxgtasaxx wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Ok but say we already have lines that download at 1GB/s all around the world, would you like to see more download only systems or is it just that you like having the hard copy in your hands.

Physical copy > Digital Download.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:57 pm

I hope another xbox isn't released. Tbh even if there were another released soon, I wouldn't get it for another 2 or 3 years or whatever. I'm happy with my current Xbox and if games keep coming to it, I'll be perfectly content to stick with it for perhaps as much as another 4 or 5 years. Though I'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Will this generation ever end? :L
Tbh, the longer the better xD
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:29 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
next year will be the 6th year of 360s cycle...........itll be as good a time as any to release the next wave nov 2011

Just 1 year after Kinect? Are you sure? That could piss a lot of people who bought and Xbox for Kinect off.. Razz
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:38 pm

PureSexySound wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Just 1 year after Kinect? Are you sure? That could piss a lot of people who bought and Xbox for Kinect off.. Razz

never said MS would stop supporting kinect and 360

they have every reason to keep supporting them

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm

It does feel like a new console is going to be shown by next year or early 2012.
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
It does feel like a new console is going to be shown by next year or early 2012.

I have that feeling too, but it doesn't seem to correct thing to do. Because Microsoft will need to support Kinect, the old Xbox 360, which, remember, just had a new facelift, and the new Xbox.

And game developers also will need to develop games for both the Xbox 360 and the new Xbox, just like Call of Duty 2 and 3 for the Xbox and Xbox 360, because the PS4 still wouldn't be on the market at that time. And that all just seems a little bit chaotic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

I have that feeling too, but it doesn't seem to correct thing to do. Because Microsoft will need to support Kinect, the old Xbox 360, which, remember, just had a new facelift, and the new Xbox.

And game developers also will need to develop games for both the Xbox 360 and the new Xbox, just like Call of Duty 2 and 3 for the Xbox and Xbox 360, because the PS4 still wouldn't be on the market at that time. And that all just seems a little bit chaotic.

kinect is an accessory though. Also ps2 slim came late 2004 and early 2005 we found out about the ps3. 360 s is still an xbox 360,changing the look slightly is not anything drastic.
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:49 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

kinect is an accessory though. Also ps2 slim came late 2004 and early 2005 we found out about the ps3. 360 s is still an xbox 360,changing the look slightly is not anything drastic.

But PS2 Slim did not add any new features to the PS2 itself. The Xbox 360S on the other hand does, so if they will be announcing a new Xbox in next year, or early 2012, and release it the year after, then that doesn't seem smart. The Kinect would have been only on the market for about 2/3 years, and it would only be compatible with the old Xbox 360, so they'll need to support the Xbox 360 for a longer time.

Making them concentrate on two consoles rather then one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

But PS2 Slim did not add any new features to the PS2 itself. The Xbox 360S on the other hand does, so if they will be announcing a new Xbox in next year, or early 2012, and release it the year after, then that doesn't seem smart. The Kinect would have been only on the market for about 2/3 years, and it would only be compatible with the old Xbox 360, so they'll need to support the Xbox 360 for a longer time.

Making them concentrate on two consoles rather then one.

ps2 slim had a built in modem.360 s just has built in wifi,that existed already on 360 just that its put together just like sony did with ps2. it's still an xbox 360,dont get me wrong i would rather have 2-3 more years with 360 but we will have to see i guess. also i think MS will support 360 even when the other system is out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No plans for New Xbox   Today at 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down

No plans for New Xbox
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1