This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:


actually definitions of some words do change over time. Fag, Gay (off the top of my head here) all meant different things over different generations.

now, exclusive in the gaming sense.....is changing as we speak, like it or not.

LMAO!! Wow, MLD. That is not what is happening here. Admit it, you and others just delude the term exclusive just to fit your agenda. The term exclusive has not changed, but keep sticking "console", "2010", "Microsoft", and other words in front of exclusive to make yourselves feel better. Its the clearest portrayal of desperation. What a Face You "feel" that something has to "change" or is "changing" in order for you to "win". Razz Like I said, this generation has shown the highest levels of desperation.

i discourage the use of console/MS exclusive, u know that. I say "360 game not on PS3". It aint catchy lol but thats what I say.

but nothing wrong with making a 2010 specific list like im doing now.
It's not about what you call it. It's about how you're treating these games. Regardless of what you may call it, you're treating a multiplat as an exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:55 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:


actually definitions of some words do change over time. Fag, Gay (off the top of my head here) all meant different things over different generations.

now, exclusive in the gaming sense.....is changing as we speak, like it or not.

LMAO!! Wow, MLD. That is not what is happening here. Admit it, you and others just delude the term exclusive just to fit your agenda. The term exclusive has not changed, but keep sticking "console", "2010", "Microsoft", and other words in front of exclusive to make yourselves feel better. Its the clearest portrayal of desperation. What a Face You "feel" that something has to "change" or is "changing" in order for you to "win". Razz Like I said, this generation has shown the highest levels of desperation.

i discourage the use of console/MS exclusive, u know that. I say "360 game not on PS3". It aint catchy lol but thats what I say.

but nothing wrong with making a 2010 specific list like im doing now.
It's not about what you call it. It's about how you're treating these games. Regardless of what you may call it, you're treating a multiplat as an exclusive.

I'm not taking sides or anything but I think what MLD is getting at is that it matters because it's a console war. The PC isn't a console. So if the 360 gets it and the Ps3 doesn't it's called an "exclusive". The PC has it! The PC isn't a console and isn't part of the "console" war.

That's what I think he's saying.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:


actually definitions of some words do change over time. Fag, Gay (off the top of my head here) all meant different things over different generations.

now, exclusive in the gaming sense.....is changing as we speak, like it or not.

LMAO!! Wow, MLD. That is not what is happening here. Admit it, you and others just delude the term exclusive just to fit your agenda. The term exclusive has not changed, but keep sticking "console", "2010", "Microsoft", and other words in front of exclusive to make yourselves feel better. Its the clearest portrayal of desperation. What a Face You "feel" that something has to "change" or is "changing" in order for you to "win". Razz Like I said, this generation has shown the highest levels of desperation.

i discourage the use of console/MS exclusive, u know that. I say "360 game not on PS3". It aint catchy lol but thats what I say.

but nothing wrong with making a 2010 specific list like im doing now.
It's not about what you call it. It's about how you're treating these games. Regardless of what you may call it, you're treating a multiplat as an exclusive.

I'm not taking sides or anything but I think what MLD is getting at is that it matters because it's a console war. The PC isn't a console. So if the 360 gets it and the Ps3 doesn't it's called an "exclusive". The PC has it! The PC isn't a console and isn't part of the "console" war.

That's what I think he's saying.
I understand that, I'm just saying it shouldn't count. MLD isn't relying on what the 360 has, he's relying on what the PS3 doesn't.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:


actually definitions of some words do change over time. Fag, Gay (off the top of my head here) all meant different things over different generations.

now, exclusive in the gaming sense.....is changing as we speak, like it or not.

LMAO!! Wow, MLD. That is not what is happening here. Admit it, you and others just delude the term exclusive just to fit your agenda. The term exclusive has not changed, but keep sticking "console", "2010", "Microsoft", and other words in front of exclusive to make yourselves feel better. Its the clearest portrayal of desperation. What a Face You "feel" that something has to "change" or is "changing" in order for you to "win". Razz Like I said, this generation has shown the highest levels of desperation.

i discourage the use of console/MS exclusive, u know that. I say "360 game not on PS3". It aint catchy lol but thats what I say.

but nothing wrong with making a 2010 specific list like im doing now.
It's not about what you call it. It's about how you're treating these games. Regardless of what you may call it, you're treating a multiplat as an exclusive.

nope, I treat it as a 360 game not on ps3.

not exclusive, but I for one give credit where its deserved when MS secures a title that their main competitor doesnt get

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.


Last edited by GeneralMLD on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:


actually definitions of some words do change over time. Fag, Gay (off the top of my head here) all meant different things over different generations.

now, exclusive in the gaming sense.....is changing as we speak, like it or not.

LMAO!! Wow, MLD. That is not what is happening here. Admit it, you and others just delude the term exclusive just to fit your agenda. The term exclusive has not changed, but keep sticking "console", "2010", "Microsoft", and other words in front of exclusive to make yourselves feel better. Its the clearest portrayal of desperation. What a Face You "feel" that something has to "change" or is "changing" in order for you to "win". Razz Like I said, this generation has shown the highest levels of desperation.

i discourage the use of console/MS exclusive, u know that. I say "360 game not on PS3". It aint catchy lol but thats what I say.

but nothing wrong with making a 2010 specific list like im doing now.
It's not about what you call it. It's about how you're treating these games. Regardless of what you may call it, you're treating a multiplat as an exclusive.

I'm not taking sides or anything but I think what MLD is getting at is that it matters because it's a console war. The PC isn't a console. So if the 360 gets it and the Ps3 doesn't it's called an "exclusive". The PC has it! The PC isn't a console and isn't part of the "console" war.

That's what I think he's saying.
I understand that, I'm just saying it shouldn't count. MLD isn't relying on what the 360 has, he's relying on what the PS3 doesn't.

I know but it's the "console" war. You gotta remember that.

EDIT: I think he's relying on both. Games the 360 has but that aren't on the ps3.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:07 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:


actually definitions of some words do change over time. Fag, Gay (off the top of my head here) all meant different things over different generations.

now, exclusive in the gaming sense.....is changing as we speak, like it or not.

LMAO!! Wow, MLD. That is not what is happening here. Admit it, you and others just delude the term exclusive just to fit your agenda. The term exclusive has not changed, but keep sticking "console", "2010", "Microsoft", and other words in front of exclusive to make yourselves feel better. Its the clearest portrayal of desperation. What a Face You "feel" that something has to "change" or is "changing" in order for you to "win". Razz Like I said, this generation has shown the highest levels of desperation.

i discourage the use of console/MS exclusive, u know that. I say "360 game not on PS3". It aint catchy lol but thats what I say.

but nothing wrong with making a 2010 specific list like im doing now.
It's not about what you call it. It's about how you're treating these games. Regardless of what you may call it, you're treating a multiplat as an exclusive.

I'm not taking sides or anything but I think what MLD is getting at is that it matters because it's a console war. The PC isn't a console. So if the 360 gets it and the Ps3 doesn't it's called an "exclusive". The PC has it! The PC isn't a console and isn't part of the "console" war.

That's what I think he's saying.
I understand that, I'm just saying it shouldn't count. MLD isn't relying on what the 360 has, he's relying on what the PS3 doesn't.

i see nothing wrong with keeping a 360/ps3 mentality.

and im relying on what 360 has that ps3 doesnt and vise versa

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
i see nothing wrong with keeping a 360/ps3 mentality.

and im relying on what 360 has that ps3 doesnt and vise versa
I suppose there's no point in arguing since neither of us will change our mind. Eh, I mean, I never took your list seriously anyway, no offense. I just like what I like and that's that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:16 am

Its ok, TRF. MLD has a double standard. He says "The PC is our ally." and "Thanks to PC we have tons of games not on ps3", but then he will claim that the PS3 can't stand on its own two feet, when someone doesn't list multiplatform games for the Xbox360. Its that kind of hypocrisy that will kill you in a debate, MLD. In truth, you're showing that the 360 can't stand up on its own against the PS3. You're making that quite clear.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:37 am

Jamin wrote:
Its ok, TRF. MLD has a double standard. He says "The PC is our ally." and "Thanks to PC we have tons of games not on ps3", but then he will claim that the PS3 can't stand on its own two feet, when someone doesn't list multiplatform games for the Xbox360. Its that kind of hypocrisy that will kill you in a debate, MLD. In truth, you're showing that the 360 can't stand up on its own against the PS3. You're making that quite clear.

It's different though, the 360 actually HAS those games whereas the PS3 doesn't. If you say Splinter Cell doesn't count because it's on the PC, it only counts for those who actually game on their PC, not like Pyro who downloads demos on a freaking laptop mind you, but actually game on one. If you want to play SC:C you either need to own another system or buy a 360 or upgrade/buy a gaming PC. Whereas with a 360 you can just play it.

"The PC is our ally", no it's not, I don't think so. You're just taking what one guy said and manipulating it and turning into an argument against the 360. A simple play on words is what you're doing.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:10 am

BlackStigma wrote:

It's different though, the 360 actually HAS those games whereas the PS3 doesn't. If you say Splinter Cell doesn't count because it's on the PC, it only counts for those who actually game on their PC, not like Pyro who downloads demos on a freaking laptop mind you, but actually game on one. If you want to play SC:C you either need to own another system or buy a 360 or upgrade/buy a gaming PC. Whereas with a 360 you can just play it.

"The PC is our ally", no it's not, I don't think so. You're just taking what one guy said and manipulating it and turning into an argument against the 360. A simple play on words is what you're doing.
LOL, a reply from the guy that says no Wii game is exclusive to the Wii, because the PC can emulate it. XD Your point makes no sense. Splinter Cell doesnt count as an Xbox360 exclusive because its a multiplatform game. A Xbox360 is not required if you want to play the game. You can play it on PC, and even on OnLive. Simple, no?

Err, no. I'm not twisting anything. That was a quote from MLD, and it is indeed hypocritical. In the same video he said "I consider the PC, the 360's ally." and then says "360 vs PS3 only. You have to keep it there.", he criticizes others as to "using" the PC to fight against 360 (not including the multiplatform games for 360), but sees no fault in considering the PC an ally and including its multiplatform games in his own list. I'm not playing any words here. That's just the integrity of the guy that leads you. clown So much fabricating! Games are exclusive based on which platform it gives an advantage to, and people have to create their own definitions of exclusivity for multiplatform games.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:42 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Jamin wrote:
Its ok, TRF. MLD has a double standard. He says "The PC is our ally." and "Thanks to PC we have tons of games not on ps3", but then he will claim that the PS3 can't stand on its own two feet, when someone doesn't list multiplatform games for the Xbox360. Its that kind of hypocrisy that will kill you in a debate, MLD. In truth, you're showing that the 360 can't stand up on its own against the PS3. You're making that quite clear.

It's different though, the 360 actually HAS those games whereas the PS3 doesn't. If you say Splinter Cell doesn't count because it's on the PC, it only counts for those who actually game on their PC, not like Pyro who downloads demos on a freaking laptop mind you, but actually game on one. If you want to play SC:C you either need to own another system or buy a 360 or upgrade/buy a gaming PC. Whereas with a 360 you can just play it.

"The PC is our ally", no it's not, I don't think so. You're just taking what one guy said and manipulating it and turning into an argument against the 360. A simple play on words is what you're doing.
So wait, if we don't have a gaming PC, then the game isn't multiplatform? I suppose next you're going to tell me that Crash of the Titans doesn't exist on the Wii, DS, PSP, PS2, and GBA because I don't own any of those platforms, therefore making it a 360 exclusive. No one is saying, "I can just play it on my gaming PC." Whether we actually own a gaming PC or is irrelevant. What we're trying to say is that you don't need a 360 to play the game.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:54 am

If you think of it like this, a friend of mine recently asked me what console should he buy, 360 or PS3, I asked him what games he likes, he said "GTA, Call of Duty etc", now if he said "Splinter Cell, Left 4 Dead, Metro 2033" highly unlikely he would say those specific games, I know, what console would I tell him to get? Obviously a 360. If I said "But those games are on PC" He'd look at me like, WTF?

What I'm trying to say if L4D 1-2, SCC, Metro, and various other 360/PC games ARE NOT exclusive, but they are still apart of the 360's library and could sway someone's opinion when buying a console, especially when they have ZERO interest in gaming on a a PC.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:21 am

Stoney wrote:
If you think of it like this, a friend of mine recently asked me what console should he buy, 360 or PS3, I asked him what games he likes, he said "GTA, Call of Duty etc", now if he said "Splinter Cell, Left 4 Dead, Metro 2033" highly unlikely he would say those specific games, I know, what console would I tell him to get? Obviously a 360. If I said "But those games are on PC" He'd look at me like, WTF?

What I'm trying to say if L4D 1-2, SCC, Metro, and various other 360/PC games ARE NOT exclusive, but they are still apart of the 360's library and could sway someone's opinion when buying a console, especially when they have ZERO interest in gaming on a a PC.

Yes! Exactly. I think the exact same way. In fact before I had an xbox or ps3 and was thinking about which one to get, I didn't say "oh no, those games are on pc... so I'll get a ps3 instead". lol Because I don't have a powerful pc and even if I did I wouldn't care because I prefer playing almost any kind of game on a console.
Plus, why bother getting a console if I'm going to play primarily on pc? I buy a system if my current one is inefficient or I want to get a taste of the latest games.
And same goes with ps3. Just because there's a LBP on psp does it mean I can't enjoy the ps3 one?
I can play Sonic Adventure on my pc but would rather play it on dreamcast or gamecube or xbox 360. I mean, just because one system has it, it's still a game that exists and I like having the option of playing it on multiple systems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:37 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Jamin wrote:
Its ok, TRF. MLD has a double standard. He says "The PC is our ally." and "Thanks to PC we have tons of games not on ps3", but then he will claim that the PS3 can't stand on its own two feet, when someone doesn't list multiplatform games for the Xbox360. Its that kind of hypocrisy that will kill you in a debate, MLD. In truth, you're showing that the 360 can't stand up on its own against the PS3. You're making that quite clear.

It's different though, the 360 actually HAS those games whereas the PS3 doesn't. If you say Splinter Cell doesn't count because it's on the PC, it only counts for those who actually game on their PC, not like Pyro who downloads demos on a freaking laptop mind you, but actually game on one. If you want to play SC:C you either need to own another system or buy a 360 or upgrade/buy a gaming PC. Whereas with a 360 you can just play it.

"The PC is our ally", no it's not, I don't think so. You're just taking what one guy said and manipulating it and turning into an argument against the 360. A simple play on words is what you're doing.
So wait, if we don't have a gaming PC, then the game isn't multiplatform? I suppose next you're going to tell me that Crash of the Titans doesn't exist on the Wii, DS, PSP, PS2, and GBA because I don't own any of those platforms, therefore making it a 360 exclusive. No one is saying, "I can just play it on my gaming PC." Whether we actually own a gaming PC or is irrelevant. What we're trying to say is that you don't need a 360 to play the game.

I never once said they were exclusives, in fact on other posts I said they were multiplat or "console exclusives", but they count because the 360 has them and PS3 doesn't. Negated.

@Jamin
Again I didn't say they were exclusive. They count because they are a part of the 360's library. You act as if every person games on a PC. It's really not so difficult to comprehend, both companies count console exclusives, as do game reviewers and stores that sell video games. You're just doing damage control.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Okay, we need a new word because apparently people find the word, "exclusive" offensive.
People who are complaining, what name would you rather we called these games that are not on a certain system? We can't call them straight up "multiplats" because that lumps it into the same category as games like Call Of Duty. And we can't say "multiplat not on the other system" because that's too long: it's like 10 syllables long as opposed to 3.
So come on, what are games like Fable 3, Left 4 Dead and Mass Effect called?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:35 pm

It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:45 pm

TRF wrote:
It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.

Never insinuated that, buddy.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Nobody is downplaying the PC, but the obvious is being stated... The ppl who game on PC are not close to the console numbers, and let me specify before you throw your moronic one sided logic at it. I am talking ppl gaming on the games that are built for a console enviroment. Just tell me that there would be more ppl playing Black Ops on PC rather than on a 360? btw , it's only an example, cuz I dont even know if that game is on PC as well, validating the comment Stoney wrote.

On the multiplat thing, I dont see why so many ppl sidestep about the fact that all new games count, remakes count ONLY if they have added features and achievement/trophy support. I dont even get why PS3 fanboys fight at the multi not on PC... It's not in your system, is not exclusive but you cannot play it, so, it should just die there. Ive never got the whole point of debating that... maybe im getting too old or too damn intelligent for this shit
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:56 pm

DenEvo wrote:
Nobody is downplaying the PC, but the obvious is being stated... The ppl who game on PC are not close to the console numbers, and let me specify before you throw your moronic one sided logic at it. I am talking ppl gaming on the games that are built for a console enviroment. Just tell me that there would be more ppl playing Black Ops on PC rather than on a 360? btw , it's only an example, cuz I dont even know if that game is on PC as well, validating the comment Stoney wrote.

On the multiplat thing, I dont see why so many ppl sidestep about the fact that all new games count, remakes count ONLY if they have added features and achievement/trophy support. I dont even get why PS3 fanboys fight at the multi not on PC... It's not in your system, is not exclusive but you cannot play it, so, it should just die there. Ive never got the whole point of debating that... maybe im getting too old or too damn intelligent for this shit

No, they get offended because people use terms like "console-exclusive".

It's just another way of saying one game is only on one console, but may or may not be on the PC and or handheld systems. They act like it is such a rediculous term as if they haven't heard it before.

Moronic fanboys.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Stoney wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.

Never insinuated that, buddy.
Well, you said that it's a part of the 360's library and could easily sway someone to buy the 360 if they're not interested in a PC. This is absolutely true, but the key word is "could". I don't think that's enough reason to start treating these games like exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:09 pm

TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.

Never insinuated that, buddy.
Well, you said that it's a part of the 360's library and could easily sway someone to buy the 360 if they're not interested in a PC. This is absolutely true, but the key word is "could". I don't think that's enough reason to start treating these games like exclusives.

Well I do, and so do the majority of people including Sony, Microsoft, Gamestop, and Game Reviewers. It's Democracy, Majority Rules. Besides do you even game on a PC?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:12 pm

TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.

Never insinuated that, buddy.
Well, you said that it's a part of the 360's library and could easily sway someone to buy the 360 if they're not interested in a PC. This is absolutely true, but the key word is "could". I don't think that's enough reason to start treating these games like exclusives.

I said "not exclusive", yes? That doesn't mean its not part of the 360 library. I guess if someone said "I want the best version of said games", you could argue about them investing in a gaming PC. But I'm sure the start of this thread was about games on 360 and PS3.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:12 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.

Never insinuated that, buddy.
Well, you said that it's a part of the 360's library and could easily sway someone to buy the 360 if they're not interested in a PC. This is absolutely true, but the key word is "could". I don't think that's enough reason to start treating these games like exclusives.

Well I do, and so do the majority of people including Sony, Microsoft, Gamestop, and Game Reviewers. It's Democracy, Majority Rules. Besides do you even game on a PC?
Majority isn't necessarily correct, though. Besides, not every country is a democracy. Razz And no, I don't game on a PC. Does that somehow make my argument less relevant?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:16 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.

Never insinuated that, buddy.
Well, you said that it's a part of the 360's library and could easily sway someone to buy the 360 if they're not interested in a PC. This is absolutely true, but the key word is "could". I don't think that's enough reason to start treating these games like exclusives.

Well I do, and so do the majority of people including Sony, Microsoft, Gamestop, and Game Reviewers. It's Democracy, Majority Rules. Besides do you even game on a PC?
Majority isn't necessarily correct, though. Besides, not every country is a democracy. Razz And no, I don't game on a PC. Does that somehow make my argument less relevant?

No, it just makes you less credible. NOOB.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.

Never insinuated that, buddy.
Well, you said that it's a part of the 360's library and could easily sway someone to buy the 360 if they're not interested in a PC. This is absolutely true, but the key word is "could". I don't think that's enough reason to start treating these games like exclusives.

Well I do, and so do the majority of people including Sony, Microsoft, Gamestop, and Game Reviewers. It's Democracy, Majority Rules. Besides do you even game on a PC?
Majority isn't necessarily correct, though. Besides, not every country is a democracy. Razz And no, I don't game on a PC. Does that somehow make my argument less relevant?

No, it just makes you less credible. NOOB.
Well do you game on a PC? No? I guess that makes you less credible in saying that the PC versions of the games should be ignored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   

Back to top Go down
 
Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Happiness; does it really exist? [private; a n g e l c a k e s]
» making molds for greenstuff casting
» a fabulous match of houdini - extreme pawn push
» Start pakai Jumping Cable or Push Turun Bukit
» Southern Push Night Mission Pics

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: