This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:02 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

They're designed for it, which is why you can play games without having to install them unlike on the PC.
Tell that to Forza 3 and Uncharted 2.

Forza 3's is optional.

Also I forgot to mention that some games you have to install on the Ps3, still that's nothing compared to the PC where you have to install every game you buy(or steal).
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

They're designed for it, which is why you can play games without having to install them unlike on the PC.

Forza 3's is optional.

Also I forgot to mention that some games you have to install on the Ps3, still that's nothing compared to the PC where you have to install every game you buy(or steal).
So because you have to install games, it's not a console?
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:09 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Forza 3's is optional.

NOW YOU GET IT!

lol

You already said it, it's not a console because it's not technically called that.

So it's not mentioned in the console wars.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Forza 3's is optional.

NOW YOU GET IT!

lol

You already said it, it's not a console because it's not technically called that.

I know. And I'm saying it's ridiculous that people are using technical terms to try and erase the PC library so as to boost the 360's exclusive count.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:23 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Forza 3's is optional.

NOW YOU GET IT!

lol

I know. And I'm saying it's ridiculous that people are using technical terms to try and erase the PC library so as to boost the 360's exclusive count.

It's a fanboy thing, I guess. MLD is saying that because the 360 doesn't have that much exclusives compared to the Ps3 so he counts 360/PC games as exclusives.

Something I really hate is that he sounds more like a businessman than a gamer. Gamers don't really benefit from 360/PC games if they're not truly exclusive(cuz then what was the point of buying a 360) or that the 360 gets DLC first.

Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:02 am

Pc is a gaming platform guize.
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Forza 3's is optional.

NOW YOU GET IT!

lol

Yeah... but it's still a gaming platform. And a darn good one at that!

Better graphics than PS3, also modding is there.... and you have lots of XBOX 360 games on it like Fable III, Halo series, etc.

It's quite good... all things considered...
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Kartz138 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Forza 3's is optional.

NOW YOU GET IT!

lol

Better graphics than PS3, also modding is there.... and you have lots of XBOX 360 games on it like Fable III, Halo series, etc.

Meh...better graphics at the expense of story/character and/or innovation. Just look at Crysis.

Actually, now that I think of it, the platform with the weakest graphical power has had the most innovative games for some reason. Like Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii or The World Ends With You on the DS.

I don't really see a reason why the 360/PS3 can't have modding since the PS3 already has it for one game. My guess it'll eventually have it since up until now we've got something pretty similar to a map editor.

Also, besides Fable III, I haven't seen any noticeable games that are going to 360/PC.

Yeesh that was a long-ass post.

Last edited by Pickles on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Pickles wrote:
the PC where you have to install every game you buy(or steal).

Not always. Say hello to Daemon Tools.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Pickles wrote:
Kartz138 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Forza 3's is optional.

NOW YOU GET IT!

lol

Meh...better graphics at the expense of story/character and/or innovation. Just look at Crysis.

Actually, now that I think of it, the platform with the weakest graphical power has had the most innovative games for some reason. Like Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii or The World Ends With You on the DS.

I don't really see a reason why the 360/PS3 can't have modding since the PS3 already has it for one game. My guess it'll eventually have it since up until now we've got something pretty similar to a map editor.

Also, besides Fable III, I haven't seen any noticeable games that are going to 360/PC.

Have you played Crysis? Its actually a pretty good game.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mng8JU692iY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:43 pm

A console is just a PC with a cap on its ability to perform.
Thats it guys. Theres really no need to argue any further. Its just fact. Now I'm NOT SAYING that consoles are bad, im just pointing out whats what.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:24 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Kartz138 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Forza 3's is optional.

NOW YOU GET IT!

lol

Have you played Crysis? Its actually a pretty good game.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mng8JU692iY&feature=related

It seems like the video game equivalent of Avatar.

:3
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:27 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
A console is just a PC with a cap on its ability to perform.
Thats it guys. Theres really no need to argue any further. Its just fact. Now I'm NOT SAYING that consoles are bad, im just pointing out whats what.

I don't think anyone is questioning that.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   

Back to top Go down

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7