This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 pm

A comparison of the exclusives from each console based on their Metacritic Score. XBLA, PSN, and Wiiware games not included.

EXCLUSIVES:

Xbox 360 AAA (5) - Halo 3, Halo Reach, Gears of War 2, Forza Motorsport 2, Forza Motorsport 3
Playstation 3 AAA (5) - Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet*

Xbox 360 AA (17) - Fable II, Project Gotham Racing 3, Project Gotham Racing 4, Dead or Alive 4, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Wars, Crackdown, Alan Wake, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, Saint's Row, Perfect Dark Zero, MotoGP '06, Dead Rising, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Naruto: The Broken Bond, Stoked: Big Air Edition, Dance Central
Playstation 3 AA (18) - Gran Turismo 5, Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Heavy Rain, Resistance 2, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance: Fall of Man, inFamous, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Singstar, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, Grand Turismo 5 Prolouge, Yakuza 3, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, Buzz! Quiz TV

Xbox 360 A (27) - Kameo: Elements of Power, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, DeathSmiles, Scene it?-Box Office Smash, Ridge Racer 6, Dance Dance Revolution Universe, Raiden Fighters Aces, Scene it?-Lights-Camera-Action, Beautiful Katamari, Race Pro, Amped 3, Lips, Chromehound, Crackdown 2, The Outfit, Full Auto, Lips: Number One Hits, Farcry Instincts Predator, Coldcept Saga, Kinect Sports, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout, Kinectimals
Playstation 3 A (14) - Heavenly Sword, Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice, Ridge Racer 7, 3D Dot Heroes, Singstar Vol. 2, MAG, Folklore, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, The Eye of Judgement, Katamari Forever, Eyepet, Formula One Championship Edition, SBK-09 Superbike World Championship, Sports Champion

* - listed as multiplat on Metacritic and Gamerankings

Tell me if I missed anything.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 am; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Hahaha! Caught you red-handed! You listed soooooo many 360/PC games as EXCLUSIVES! I demand you change the title or we're no longer going to be friends.

Oh, and maybe list them in a vertical list. It can get kind of overwhelming and confusing, seeing all of those games listed next to one another.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Where's "LittleBigPlanet"?
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:15 pm

TRF wrote:
Hahaha! Caught you red-handed! You listed soooooo many 360/PC games as EXCLUSIVES! I demand you change the title or we're no longer going to be friends.

Oh, and maybe list them in a vertical list. It can get kind of overwhelming and confusing, seeing all of those games listed next to one another.

Ha and what would that be noob? No seriously I'm not entirely sure.

Mecha wrote:
It's on the PSP.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:16 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Mecha wrote:
It's on the PSP.

The PSP version is just a spin-off though.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:18 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
It's on the PSP.
First of all, the game is different on PSP. It has the same title, but a different campaign and lacks features the PS3 version has. Secondly, you listed a few 360/PC games as exclusives, like Fable III and Viva Piñata. Also, Tales of Vesperia is on Playstation 3.

Last edited by TRF on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Mecha wrote:
It's on the PSP.

It has the same name.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:25 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Mecha wrote:
It's on the PSP.

It has the same name.

But it's not the same game. The PSP version doesn't offer online multiplayer or the same campagin as the PS3 version. And the online multiplayer is what made "LittleBigPlanet" on PS3 what it is. It's the reason why it got great reviews.

Also a different developer worked on the PSP version.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Mecha wrote:
It's on the PSP.

It has the same name.

But it's not the same game. The PSP version doesn't offer online multiplayer or the same campagin as the PS3 version. And the online multiplayer is what made "LittleBigPlanet" on PS3 what it is. It's the reason why it got great reviews.

Also a different developer worked on the PSP version.

I've never played the PSP version, but I looked it up, here's what Wikipedia says about it on the Little Big Planet page in the second paragraph.
Quote :
A PSP version of the game was released in November 2009, featuring new levels and content.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet

Also, on the PSP page, it says that SCE Cambridge Studio worked in conjunction with Media Molecule in the development of it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:36 pm

It also saids and I quote...
Quote :
It is a portable version of the PlayStation 3 game of the same name though with a different single-player mode story and without the multi-player capabilities of the original.

It's a whole new game with the same name.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

I've never played the PSP version, but I looked it up, here's what Wikipedia says about it on the Little Big Planet page in the second paragraph.
Quote :
A PSP version of the game was released in November 2009, featuring new levels and content.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet

Also, on the PSP page, it says that SCE Cambridge Studio worked in conjunction with Media Molecule in the development of it.
So a game with a similar name(Note that its called LBP: PSP) and is made in conjunction with the father studio means it shouldn't be counted. Then I guess you can take of games like Resistance do to games like Resistance Retribution which was a Spin off of Resitance 1.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Also you really wanna take a game off the list. take off dead rising because its on the wii, but they just changed the name and kept the same features, map, weapons, etc. as the 360 version Smile
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
Quote :
It is a portable version of the PlayStation 3 game of the same name though with a different single-player mode story and without the multi-player capabilities of the original.

Well yeah games get gimped or changed a little when making a handheld version of the game because you can't port it. Persona 3 Portable has a different combat system than Persona 3, you can't walk around freely except in dungeons where in the original you could explore the Mall or School, you could play as a female character which had different social events, and it was all visual novel and there were no anime cutscenes. But it's still Persona 3. Same with LBP, they've got their differences but they're still the same, just one is a console version and the other a handheld version.

@America
No, it is named Little Big Planet, people only say LBP PSP when they are referring the PSP version.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:46 pm

To top what America said, I can think of a few more. For example, Assassin's Creed II: Discovery isn't the same as Assassin's Creed II. Army of Two: The 40th Day on PSP isn't the same as Army of Two: The 40th Day on consoles. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized isn't the same as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

EDIT: But Stigma, Persona 3 still retains the same narrative for the game on PSP, does it not? LBP on PSP has a completely different single-player campaign. That makes it a different game.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:47 pm

America wrote:
Also you really wanna take a game off the list. take off dead rising because its on the wii, but they just changed the name and kept the same features, map, weapons, etc. as the 360 version Smile

alright, i didn't know that
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:47 pm

BlackStigma... read the plot for "LittleBigPlanet" on PSP. go right ahead.

Quote :
The game's story is a sequel to the original PlayStation 3 version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet_(PSP)

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma... read the plot for "LittleBigPlanet" on PSP. go right ahead.

Quote :
The game's story is a sequel to the original PlayStation 3 version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet_(PSP)

The fact that it has a separate article from the PS3 version on Wikipedia tells you right there that the game is different.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:52 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Quote :

Well yeah games get gimped or changed a little when making a handheld version of the game because you can't port it. Persona 3 Portable has a different combat system than Persona 3, you can't walk around freely except in dungeons where in the original you could explore the Mall or School, you could play as a female character which had different social events, and it was all visual novel and there were no anime cutscenes. But it's still Persona 3. Same with LBP, they've got their differences but they're still the same, just one is a console version and the other a handheld version.

@America
No, it is named Little Big Planet, people only say LBP PSP when they are referring the PSP version.

Spoiler:

So them calling Sony listing the game as Little Big Planet PSP, and calling it as an entirely different game may be true but you just don't the PS3 to get games that really are different games. MLB: The Show I understand, but LBP? Really, thats just retarded.

BTW it is called LBP: PSP. look at the trailer

Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:54 pm

TRF wrote:
To top what America said, I can think of a few more. For example, Assassin's Creed II: Discovery isn't the same as Assassin's Creed II. Army of Two: The 40th Day on PSP isn't the same as Army of Two: The 40th Day on consoles. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized isn't the same as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

EDIT: But Stigma, Persona 3 still retains the same narrative for the game on PSP, does it not? LBP on PSP has a completely different single-player campaign. That makes it a different game.

Never played those games, wikipedia lists Little Big Planet as having a PSP version. That's what I'm sticking with. And is there an actual story to Little Big Planet? I got to like the fourth of the seven sections and stopped playing single player. Persona 3 Portable has some changes to the plot and story too, regardless of gender.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:56 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Never played those games, wikipedia lists Little Big Planet as having a PSP version. That's what I'm sticking with. And is there an actual story to Little Big Planet? I got to like the fourth of the seven sections and stopped playing single player. Persona 3 Portable has some changes to the plot and story too, regardless of gender.
Then Persona 3 is a different game on PSP. LittleBigPlanet on PS3 is listed as only being on PS3. LittleBigPlanet PSP is listed as only being on PSP. They're two separate articles and two separate games.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:57 pm

BlackStigma, have you read the plot yet? It's a sequel to the original "LittleBigPlanet" on PS3. If you ignore this again then you're in serious denial.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:57 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Edit: @America

This is what Wikipedia says about it.

Quote :
LittleBigPlanet, commonly abbreviated LBP, (usually referred to as LittleBigPlanet PSP or LBP PSP)

Edit Again: Guess I quoted myself instead of editing the first time...

Last edited by BlackStigma on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Oh, and Stigma, you haven't removed Fable III, Viva Piñata, or Tales of Vesperia yet. Well, I guess Fable III and Viva Piñata are okay to stay on since you said you were adding 360/PC games later on.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:00 am

Wikipedia also saids that the PSP version is a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:02 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Then Persona 3 is a different game on PSP. LittleBigPlanet on PS3 is listed as only being on PS3. LittleBigPlanet PSP is listed as only being on PSP. They're two separate articles and two separate games.

No it isn't, it's the same game but with mostly upgrades but some downgrades. Modern Warfare 2 is listed as being on Windows, PS3, 360, DS, and BlackBerry on it's own page. But the DS version has a different page and a different name. So no your last 3 sentences are subjective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup   

Back to top Go down

360 vs. PS3 Total Exclusive lineup
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next