This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Invincible wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Man enough? Didn't it get like a 86?

And the reviews rushed it?
It's a great game, you can't take that.

I doubt you guys have played it.

it was hyped to be 90+.....hence the flop. Guess your the second group of people. I personally was disapointed when Alan Wake and Fable 3 flopped (both were AAA hyped)............but you take it and move on.

stop being sensitive.

bad AI
bland tracks
textures can be off
standard cars no cockpit view and look nowhere as good as the premiums
online modes are a joke compared to forza 3
no personalization to the cars, unlike forza 3

It was all in my recent vid. IGN called it right: Its a great simulator but a mediocre game.

and we sir..............play video games. Simulators arent worth shit if the GAME is suffering.

and considering the time it took to make this game.....GT5 is easily the biggest disapointment of this year, maybe even the entire generation.

It's only a disappointment to the fanboys who only care about the review score. Fans of GT are more then satisfied.

Likewise for Alan Wake. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Wrong. Bias though fanboys may be.....it is stupid to disapprove of everything they say when they present a valid point.

my above points have some merit
The game is good. =) Deal with it. Me? I don't care for it, for the simple fact that it doesn't have System Link. My friends and I planned on buying wheels and playing it together, but now we're uninterested due to a simple feature being excluded. The feature was in some of their previous games, so wtf? Why not have it in one of the biggest releases?

And BTW, saying things like "my points have some merit", makes it sound like you haven't even convinced yourself of your own, and makes people question why you're even making such statements.

What I was replying to before was this part of your post:
Quote :
and considering the time it took to make this game.....GT5 is easily the biggest disapointment of this year, maybe even the entire generation.

Which is why I posted that pic of Alan Wake. Don't make fun of your neighbor for having a few patches of crab grass in his yard, when yours is has crab grass, dandelions, and foxtails. Rolling Eyes

AA is good, i accept that. It isnt AAA like hyped, that is where I step in.

lol ok sorry...."at least have some merit even in the eyes of a die-hard sony supporter to full merit in the eys of a 360 supporter" Razz

true about alan wake........but alan wake is the 1st entry.......GT5 is part of a series that has a solid rep and one that demanded to follow the quality of their predesessors

Its AA and thats cool........but it aint AAA like expected

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Jamin wrote:
I would have replied that way to anybody. You know that I don't discriminate. Razz More hype than Alan Wake?! Lol, I don't think so. Alan Wake was blown way out of proportion, and especially on this forum. XD After it released, there wasn't much talk about Alan Wake, except that it was still a great game regardless of the underwhelming scores and terrible sales.

True Alan Wake was one like with Crackdown 2 (That i said IGN shouldn't put Crackdown 2 top 10 flops of the year). But compared of the many Ps3 flops this year, its just a joke. Without saying GT5 as one of them, I can proberly name 6 or 7 right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 pm

We got everything we expected in Alan Wake. Great visuals, great story, fun gameplay, innovative story telling.

But nah, it's a flop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
We got everything we expected in Alan Wake. Great visuals, great story, fun gameplay, innovative story telling.

But nah, it's a flop.

Well duh, obviously great visuals + great story + fun gameplay + innovative story telling = flop.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:37 pm

But that would mean that frame drops + jaggies + tetris shadows + long loadings every three secs on the UI + shadow flickers + 800 trash cars + N64 grade track side detail = Flop?

Nah, not my precious GT

P.S. Pardon my ignorance since I dont YET own Alan Wake... Does it have many performance issues and frame drops? I just wannna knows pleazes?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:23 pm

DenEvo wrote:
But that would mean that frame drops + jaggies + tetris shadows + long loadings every three secs on the UI + shadow flickers + 800 trash cars + N64 grade track side detail = Flop?

Nah, not my precious GT

P.S. Pardon my ignorance since I dont YET own Alan Wake... Does it have many performance issues and frame drops? I just wannna knows pleazes?

lol epic post.

And well, I've not had any issues like that on Alan Wake. I experienced screen tearing once I think. I can't quite remember.
I mean, I don't have framerate counter thing but I never noticed any drops. But I'll be honest, the interiors of some buildings in Alan Wake are fugly. Horrible textures. The surface textures for the ground and all that stuff are fine.
But yeah.. no performance issues or anything that noticeable. If I remember anything else I'll mention it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:02 am

GT5 just got an 8 on Gamespot. Pretty safe to say it's a flop review wise.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:40 am

Just caught that, sad indeed. The game has very impressive elements... but dont make up it's GLARING faults

Oh, and wheres the " He didnt put enough time in the game " excuse? we for a fact know he had played the game since a week before release
Back to top Go down
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Flop?

It's an eight! Besides, these are reviews.
No one is gonna listen anyways.

So, Alan Wake, Fable II, or we can even say Halo Reach, since it got a 80.
:lmfao:

WHERE'S THE EMOTICON FOR THAT?!?!
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Spoiler:

lol ok sorry...."at least have some merit even in the eyes of a die-hard sony supporter to full merit in the eys of a 360 supporter" Razz

true about alan wake........but alan wake is the 1st entry.......GT5 is part of a series that has a solid rep and one that demanded to follow the quality of their predesessors

MLD, railing on and on about GT5 (Demonwolf included), just seems desperate. =/ But hey, if you want to stoop to PS3 fanboy levels and rail on a good game that was well received and loved by fans (like they did with Alan Wake), then fine by me. =) Carry on. One of the main reasons why ya'll do this, is because you really have nothing else to talk about regarding the PS3. That's why I say REACH has been out for awhile. =P

Alan Wake being the first entry into the series is irrelevant. Alan Wake (by your standards) heavily underperformed and is a bigger flop than GT5. There is no excuse for Alan Wake, it had a 5 year development cycle and was being programmed on what you call the EASIEST architecture with a multiplatform engine. Remedy had a solid rep and made quality titles in the past, but by your standards their quality game is a flop. PD had to deal with what you've described as bad for developers, and they had to make the engine from the ground up.

If you say GT5 is a disappointment, you're just running Alan Wake deeper into the mud whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Sad
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Spoiler:

MLD, railing on and on about GT5 (Demonwolf included), just seems desperate. =/ But hey, if you want to stoop to PS3 fanboy levels and rail on a good game that was well received and loved by fans (like they did with Alan Wake), then fine by me. =) Carry on. One of the main reasons why ya'll do this, is because you really have nothing else to talk about regarding the PS3. That's why I say REACH has been out for awhile. =P

Alan Wake being the first entry into the series is irrelevant. Alan Wake (by your standards) heavily underperformed and is a bigger flop than GT5. There is no excuse for Alan Wake, it had a 5 year development cycle and was being programmed on what you call the EASIEST architecture with a multiplatform engine. Remedy had a solid rep and made quality titles in the past, but by your standards their quality game is a flop. PD had to deal with what you've described as bad for developers, and they had to make the engine from the ground up.

If you say GT5 is a disappointment, you're just running Alan Wake deeper into the mud whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Sad

Desperate? It's all good fun. It get's crybaby responses so that's all that matters. Razz
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Remedy hadn't made an AAA games before Alan Wake though. Also, Remedy only had around 45 people working on Alan Wake, PD had around 140 for GT5. And they both took 5 years to make so....yeah.
Back to top Go down
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:12 pm

So wait, you've made over 8,500 posts for Crybaby Responses?

Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:13 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Remedy hadn't made an AAA games before Alan Wake though. Also, Remedy only had around 45 people working on Alan Wake, PD had around 140 for GT5. And they both took 5 years to make so....yeah.
Bro, they made Max Payne 1 & 2. Have you not played those games!? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Jamin wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Bro, they made Max Payne 1 & 2. Have you not played those games!? Shocked

I haven't played Max Payne before, but I knew they made them, I just said that Remedy hasn't made any AAA games before.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:00 pm

GrandMasterZillah wrote:

Yeah because all 8,500 are fanboy comments.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 pm

This Thread = Kleenex Factory

PS3 fanboys are gonna compare GT5 to Viva Pinata.... since comparing it to FM3 (going by press releases) is an afterthought now
Back to top Go down
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:19 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:

Ok, 1000 of them?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:25 pm

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:

Ok, 1000 of them?

Over 1000 are fanboy comments. All to evoke reactions? Nope. Just for entertainment and sharing my views.
Everyone has a preference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:

Ok, 1000 of them?

Over 1000 are fanboy comments. All to evoke reactions? Nope. Just for entertainment and sharing my views.
Everyone has a preference.

Oh my god! I didn't even notice you had that many! Last time I looked it was like 6000. I need to catch up Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:04 pm

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Flop?

Reach is bonifide AAA and Microsofts flagship franchise. While Gran Turismo is Sonys biggest franchise and it fell hard on it's face lmao. 5 years and PD still had to cut corners grabbing cars from GT4 and majority of the cars don't have cock pit views.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Spoiler:

Sad

Remedy has never made an AAA title before. Alan Wake did not underperform even if you ignored the fact that it was a new entry into a series. Remedy's team was much smaller than Polyphony and they had a much smaller budget for their game. cherry
Back to top Go down
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Spoiler:

Sad

Remedy has never made an AAA title before. Alan Wake did not underperform even if you ignored the fact that it was a new entry into a series. Remedy's team was much smaller than Polyphony and they had a much smaller budget for their game. cherry

Max Payne is awesome. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Blackou7 wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Flop?

Reach is bonifide AAA and Microsofts flagship franchise. While Gran Turismo is Sonys biggest franchise and it fell hard on it's face lmao. 5 years and PD still had to cut corners grabbing cars from GT4 and majority of the cars don't have cock pit views.

How did it fall on it's face? It got a 85 didn't it?
If that's the case, Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Fable 3 are ass.
Cause they fell on their faces. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next