This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Gran Turismo 5 a flop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 pm

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Blackou7 wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Flop?

It's an eight! Besides, these are reviews.
No one is gonna listen anyways.

So, Alan Wake, Fable II, or we can even say Halo Reach, since it got a 80.
:lmfao:

WHERE'S THE EMOTICON FOR THAT?!?!
Reach is bonifide AAA and Microsofts flagship franchise. While Gran Turismo is Sonys biggest franchise and it fell hard on it's face lmao. 5 years and PD still had to cut corners grabbing cars from GT4 and majority of the cars don't have cock pit views.

How did it fall on it's face? It got a 85 didn't it?
If that's the case, Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Fable 3 are ass.
Cause they fell on their faces. Rolling Eyes

All games lower than AAA status are ass. Believe it brah.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:27 pm

Guys, 85 is a horrible score! I would never buy something that low!
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:01 am

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Blackou7 wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Flop?

It's an eight! Besides, these are reviews.
No one is gonna listen anyways.

So, Alan Wake, Fable II, or we can even say Halo Reach, since it got a 80.
:lmfao:

WHERE'S THE EMOTICON FOR THAT?!?!
Reach is bonifide AAA and Microsofts flagship franchise. While Gran Turismo is Sonys biggest franchise and it fell hard on it's face lmao. 5 years and PD still had to cut corners grabbing cars from GT4 and majority of the cars don't have cock pit views.

How did it fall on it's face? It got a 85 didn't it?
If that's the case, Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Fable 3 are ass.
Cause they fell on their faces. Rolling Eyes
Don't forget Heavy Rain. You obviously don't see the point and never will. Those games you listed are just small fish in the MS pond. Microsofts mega franchises are Halo, Gears and Forza which pump out AAA games at will. GT5 was hyped for 5 years and failed to reach AAA status. Thus, it is a FLOP.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:11 am

DenEvo wrote:
This Thread = Kleenex Factory

PS3 fanboys are gonna compare GT5 to Viva Pinata.... since comparing it to FM3 (going by press releases) is an afterthought now

i got PMed with a guy saying GT5 owned Fable3 Razz

you were right. Never mind beating Reach sales or beating Forza 3 in reviews........they moved on to Fable 3

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:12 am

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Flop?

It's an eight! Besides, these are reviews.
No one is gonna listen anyways.

So, Alan Wake, Fable II, or we can even say Halo Reach, since it got a 80.
:lmfao:

WHERE'S THE EMOTICON FOR THAT?!?!

ill make this extremely simple.

a game slops when reviews dont reflect hype.

hype AAA
reality AA

flop. plz deal.

flop has no bearing on quality. zero.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:17 am

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Spoiler:
 
AA is good, i accept that. It isnt AAA like hyped, that is where I step in.

lol ok sorry...."at least have some merit even in the eyes of a die-hard sony supporter to full merit in the eys of a 360 supporter" Razz

true about alan wake........but alan wake is the 1st entry.......GT5 is part of a series that has a solid rep and one that demanded to follow the quality of their predesessors

Its AA and thats cool........but it aint AAA like expected
MLD, railing on and on about GT5 (Demonwolf included), just seems desperate. =/ But hey, if you want to stoop to PS3 fanboy levels and rail on a good game that was well received and loved by fans (like they did with Alan Wake), then fine by me. =) Carry on. One of the main reasons why ya'll do this, is because you really have nothing else to talk about regarding the PS3. That's why I say REACH has been out for awhile. =P

Alan Wake being the first entry into the series is irrelevant. Alan Wake (by your standards) heavily underperformed and is a bigger flop than GT5. There is no excuse for Alan Wake, it had a 5 year development cycle and was being programmed on what you call the EASIEST architecture with a multiplatform engine. Remedy had a solid rep and made quality titles in the past, but by your standards their quality game is a flop. PD had to deal with what you've described as bad for developers, and they had to make the engine from the ground up.

If you say GT5 is a disappointment, you're just running Alan Wake deeper into the mud whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Sad

not desperate.......fun. as long as theres sensitive people defending this, I take pleasure in milking the sensitivity to its last.

its the flagship 5 year developed title that was meant to outscore forza 3 and outsell Halo reach.......no shit were devoting our energy to this: its huge and i aint gonna miss the chance to milk this for the fun of it

i still dont get bthe comparison with alan wake.......it really wasnt that important as u think, it was the 1st entry. GT is a flagship franchise. not exactly a fair comparisment.

Ill gladly run alan wake deeper in the mud to run GT5 into the bedrock of the earth anyday Smile

why? cause its for fun. thats the #1 rule here.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:15 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Spoiler:
 
AA is good, i accept that. It isnt AAA like hyped, that is where I step in.

lol ok sorry...."at least have some merit even in the eyes of a die-hard sony supporter to full merit in the eys of a 360 supporter" Razz

true about alan wake........but alan wake is the 1st entry.......GT5 is part of a series that has a solid rep and one that demanded to follow the quality of their predesessors

Its AA and thats cool........but it aint AAA like expected
MLD, railing on and on about GT5 (Demonwolf included), just seems desperate. =/ But hey, if you want to stoop to PS3 fanboy levels and rail on a good game that was well received and loved by fans (like they did with Alan Wake), then fine by me. =) Carry on. One of the main reasons why ya'll do this, is because you really have nothing else to talk about regarding the PS3. That's why I say REACH has been out for awhile. =P

Alan Wake being the first entry into the series is irrelevant. Alan Wake (by your standards) heavily underperformed and is a bigger flop than GT5. There is no excuse for Alan Wake, it had a 5 year development cycle and was being programmed on what you call the EASIEST architecture with a multiplatform engine. Remedy had a solid rep and made quality titles in the past, but by your standards their quality game is a flop. PD had to deal with what you've described as bad for developers, and they had to make the engine from the ground up.

If you say GT5 is a disappointment, you're just running Alan Wake deeper into the mud whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Sad

not desperate.......fun. as long as theres sensitive people defending this, I take pleasure in milking the sensitivity to its last.

its the flagship 5 year developed title that was meant to outscore forza 3 and outsell Halo reach.......no shit were devoting our energy to this: its huge and i aint gonna miss the chance to milk this for the fun of it

i still dont get bthe comparison with alan wake.......it really wasnt that important as u think, it was the 1st entry. GT is a flagship franchise. not exactly a fair comparisment.

Ill gladly run alan wake deeper in the mud to run GT5 into the bedrock of the earth anyday Smile

why? cause its for fun. thats the #1 rule here.

lol look:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27409519&page=0

That's how much they hyped GT5. 77% of voters said it would be AAA or even AAAA! hahaha and I'm sure the people who rated it less than A weren't gran turismo fans. So really, GT fans were extremely let down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 am


If HE says Forza 3 is better than GT5, it must be true. He was trashing Forza 3 for a year.

People get mixed up on certain things, just because one game might be better than the other, it doesn't mean its a bad game. Most games that get compared are so close in quality thats why there is a debate. You dont see Uncharted 2 getting compared to a 007 game or some other lame third person title.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 am

^ Can't believe I watched all that video.
but nice to know he can realise the flaws of GT5 and can actually give props to an xbox 360 game! Razz
lol I found it funny when he mentioned Forza's rewind "this isn't prince of persia!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 498
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Jamin wrote:

MLD, railing on and on about GT5 (Demonwolf included), just seems desperate. =/ But hey, if you want to stoop to PS3 fanboy levels and rail on a good game that was well received and loved by fans (like they did with Alan Wake), then fine by me. =) Carry on. One of the main reasons why ya'll do this, is because you really have nothing else to talk about regarding the PS3. That's why I say REACH has been out for awhile. =P

Alan Wake being the first entry into the series is irrelevant. Alan Wake (by your standards) heavily underperformed and is a bigger flop than GT5. There is no excuse for Alan Wake, it had a 5 year development cycle and was being programmed on what you call the EASIEST architecture with a multiplatform engine. Remedy had a solid rep and made quality titles in the past, but by your standards their quality game is a flop. PD had to deal with what you've described as bad for developers, and they had to make the engine from the ground up.

If you say GT5 is a disappointment, you're just running Alan Wake deeper into the mud whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Sad


Move? Mag? PSN? only a few i put here has been mentioned on here.



As for Alan Wake. 5 years? Well Remedy on its own yes, but they weren't with Microsoft till 2006. Then they never really started to make it untill the end of Shadowrun was done in the making (well Microsoft i mean on this not remedy). From want I seen and read if Remedy Entertainment had no support with Microsoft, it would have been a crappy multiplate game which would have scored 50-65% 70% at best. Not to mention it proberly wouldn't be finished till 2012.


I think what MLD has mentioned, that is the big difference between them is that the fact that GT is the biggest franchises Sony has. Even bigger than God of War series till untill this gen.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:43 pm


that humpmasterflex vid reminded me of the vid when MLD impersonated him....hilarious... even more so when it has do to with acceptance....which is the only thing a GT5 has right now, acceptance

Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:19 am

humpmasters vid surprised me........

but why did he bash forza 3s rewind feature.....he knows its an option right?

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 pm

You have now idea how hard I loled in GTPlanet when they thanked God it didn't have it, and now Im reading post on how a little mistake is costing them the race... now rewing is a viable option? that breed is sad

BTW 84 on Metacritic now
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:37 am

Yeah I finally opened up my Forza 3 I got with the holiday bundle and thank GOD for the rewind. I haven't played a racing sim since Gran Turismo 2. Call it casual, I call it saving time lol.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:37 am

^ Yep. Racing games are easily one of the most frustrating games of all time because you can spend the entire race in first place, and just one bump near the end of the race will spin you out, and then you get overtaken!
Rewind helps so much. Call it a cheat if you like but at the end of the day, it probaby helps forza players get more skilled. They see their mistakes and can deal with them straight away, see what they did wrong, etc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 27
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:05 am

DemonWolf wrote:
^ Yep. Racing games are easily one of the most frustrating games of all time because you can spend the entire race in first place, and just one bump near the end of the race will spin you out, and then you get overtaken!
Rewind helps so much. Call it a cheat if you like but at the end of the day, it probaby helps forza players get more skilled. They see their mistakes and can deal with them straight away, see what they did wrong, etc Very Happy

To be honest, no. The rewind feature doesnt help you to get better, its rather the opposite when its enabled. You see you can be "sloopy" and still get away with it, and if something goes horribly wrong you just rewind.

However I like it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^ Yep. Racing games are easily one of the most frustrating games of all time because you can spend the entire race in first place, and just one bump near the end of the race will spin you out, and then you get overtaken!
Rewind helps so much. Call it a cheat if you like but at the end of the day, it probaby helps forza players get more skilled. They see their mistakes and can deal with them straight away, see what they did wrong, etc Very Happy

To be honest, no. The rewind feature doesnt help you to get better, its rather the opposite when its enabled. You see you can be "sloopy" and still get away with it, and if something goes horribly wrong you just rewind.

However I like it...

No, because in most racers you drive, mess up and lose. Then you have to restart and you didn't see how you messed up and you have to start the race again and hope you dont make the same mistake even though you're not exactly sure how you did badly.
Razz
In Forza you rewind, see your flaws and can directly find ways to prevent it. Then the next races you do, you should be better Razz
Well thats just the way I see it lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 am

Remember the hilarious physics fails Forza 3 had? (search forza 3 fail on youtube)
GT5 has some of the same as well XD


<-- thats my fav XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^ Yep. Racing games are easily one of the most frustrating games of all time because you can spend the entire race in first place, and just one bump near the end of the race will spin you out, and then you get overtaken!
Rewind helps so much. Call it a cheat if you like but at the end of the day, it probaby helps forza players get more skilled. They see their mistakes and can deal with them straight away, see what they did wrong, etc Very Happy

To be honest, no. The rewind feature doesnt help you to get better, its rather the opposite when its enabled. You see you can be "sloopy" and still get away with it, and if something goes horribly wrong you just rewind.

However I like it...

It helps you to get better, I use it to find the adequate entry speed into a corner... I keep rewinding until I find the proper speed, angle and it helps to organize a way to pass an opponent in a corner. As a "corner dissector" is a great ally... an also for when u get distracted by life, lol
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1397
Join date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked





Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:19 pm

^^^^ LMAO that really is an epic fail
Back to top Go down
Xmarksthespot
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 27
Location : Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:13 pm

How many copies has it sold so far? I'm sure its not record breaking lol
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:34 am

Xmarksthespot wrote:
How many copies has it sold so far? I'm sure its not record breaking lol

check vgchartz

then check ODST first week to laugh

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:50 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked





Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

wow... it must've been so bad that all ps3 fanboys flagged it which is why it's removed. Wtf lol
What happened in it? Please tell me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Who cares about the sales?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   

Back to top Go down
 
Gran Turismo 5 a flop?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» GRAN TURISMO 6
» Things Gran Turismo does better than Forza
» 2014 GT300 series for Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3
» Zeta's 2014 Gran Turismo 6 Season (PS3) Gauging Interest thread
» GT5/GT6 touge tuning advice thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: