This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Wow its down to 84 now on metacritic
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:00 pm

DarK wrote:
Wow its down to 84 now on metacritic

Really? That counts as Low AA Razz 85 and above is high AA.
Ouch, fatal blow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:37 pm

It only proves my point that scores don't mean anything but a useless number taking up space.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
It only proves my point that scores don't mean anything but a useless number taking up space.

well not exactly. The score reflects a lot of independent reviewers expressing certain disapointments in the game. While I dont own the game I still have seen proof and reasoning from the reviewers to back up their claim.

In short, PD made a great sim but slacked off on the video game aspect: online, community features, shadows, graphics of 800/1000 cars (ouch lol). Theres other little gripes people seemed to have.

Officially GT5 is an amazing game....but is no longer king of sims. Cause in the end, while thye argue its a better sim, the fact that Forza is a great sim AND a great "video game" makes Forza overall win out. Cause were gamers.....we need video game staples. Sims dont mean crap if the video game aspects are lacking.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:52 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:

well not exactly. The score reflects a lot of independent reviewers expressing certain disapointments in the game. While I dont own the game I still have seen proof and reasoning from the reviewers to back up their claim.

In short, PD made a great sim but slacked off on the video game aspect: online, community features, shadows, graphics of 800/1000 cars (ouch lol). Theres other little gripes people seemed to have.

Officially GT5 is an amazing game....but is no longer king of sims. Cause in the end, while thye argue its a better sim, the fact that Forza is a great sim AND a great "video game" makes Forza overall win out. Cause were gamers.....we need video game staples. Sims dont mean crap if the video game aspects are lacking.

Are you claiming that Forza is now the King of Sims?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:31 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

The score reflects an opinion no greater than anyone else's. A review is good for nothing more than objectively talking about the game. The score itself (which is what Paratrooper was talking about) means nothing.

I'd take Forza over GT5, though.

Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:51 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:

There's a difference between a score and a review. A score is typically bought off by a company (I.E. Halo 3, ODST, MW2, BO...) and a review is actually the reviewers view on the game. I have both Forza 3 and GT5. GT5 does reign on top. Maybe you should get a PS3 before you talk about it or its games cause that makes you irrelevant. You cannot tell which console is better for you or why the other console is better or which game is better if you can't play the game! That isn't only pointed at you, it's pointed at everyone who hasn't owned both consoles. Wiilover07, the truth, you...
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:

There's a difference between a score and a review. A score is typically bought off by a company (I.E. Halo 3, ODST, MW2, BO...) and a review is actually the reviewers view on the game. I have both Forza 3 and GT5. GT5 does reign on top. Maybe you should get a PS3 before you talk about it or its games cause that makes you irrelevant. You cannot tell which console is better for you or why the other console is better or which game is better if you can't play the game! That isn't only pointed at you, it's pointed at everyone who hasn't owned both consoles. Wiilover07, the truth, you...

MLD, you can't argue with someone who think thats Microsoft and Sony pays off all the review sites for all their scores. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 pm

ghost23 wrote:
MLD, you can't argue with someone who think thats Microsoft and Sony pays off all the review sites for all their scores. Smile

LMAO. Just for most of the scores. ModNation sucked as much as Mario Kart yet they get high scores. I follow Kotaku since they are one of the few who don't have a scoring system. I have realized in my years of gaming that sales and scores are less reliable than the 1st gen 360's. Also, MLD can't come up with a good argument. I would put his face into the ground but I don't think that's appropriate. That and you guys seem to have itchy ban fingers, this is the only forum that I have actually enjoyed.
Edit: 64 and Double Dash were actually good. The rest were meh though.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Even if reviewers don't get paid off, scores are not credible. Scores reflect an opinion and using them as evidence to say one system has more quality titles is absurd. Quality is subjective.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Even if reviewers don't get paid off, scores are not credible. Scores reflect an opinion and using them as evidence to say one system has more quality titles is absurd. Quality is subjective.

The thing goes for REAL reviewers, they review the game, they don't include their opinions they just come out with what is inside of the game and leave it at that and maybe include 1 or two opinions. But they don't include a score. My reviewing system is "Recommended", "Play if you have nothing else to play." and "Don't bother." COD4 - WaW and BO would be play if you're bored and MW2 would be don't bother.
GT5 is recommended. But that is reviews so I'll stop here.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Usually I give Pros and Cons, then Just Facts (like 'Maybe too hardcore for some players'-CS:S or 'May have aged too badly'-Zelda: OoT) and then Buy, Rent, or Cut Your Face Before Purchasing. Numbers are only used for comparing games.

Forza is better than GT5. But GT5+Modnation Racers are 2 great racers on PS3 (MDR's customization and map-making is very addicting, although the gameplay is a bit casual) and Xbox only has Forza.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am

DarK wrote:
So far it is a flop in my opinion.PS3 fanboys have been hailing this game as the second coming of christ for years now and mercilessly bashing Forza.Add to that its development time and budget.This a big fail.No wonder Sony had to have a review embargo.I was expecting about a 93 - 95 metacritic.Looks like Forza is the big dog now
I should wait for more reviews but if that score doesnt increase then we have the flop of the gen confirmed

Coming from a 360 fanboy, your post = FAIL! Plus what about Crackdown 2, I love that game, but it got a 70 oh well if metacritic said it sucks then it sucks right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 am

txtman8095 wrote:
DarK wrote:
So far it is a flop in my opinion.PS3 fanboys have been hailing this game as the second coming of christ for years now and mercilessly bashing Forza.Add to that its development time and budget.This a big fail.No wonder Sony had to have a review embargo.I was expecting about a 93 - 95 metacritic.Looks like Forza is the big dog now
I should wait for more reviews but if that score doesnt increase then we have the flop of the gen confirmed

Coming from a 360 fanboy, your post = FAIL! Plus what about Crackdown 2, I love that game, but it got a 70 oh well if metacritic said it sucks then it sucks right?

The difference is that no 360 fanboy really hyped Crackdown 2 to be a huge AAA game and it had a really short development cycle. On the other hand, the PS3 fanboys hyped GT5 to be a massive AAA game that would make Forza 3 look like crap. It also had a 5 year development cycle and all the delays were due to the developers "perfecting" the game. But in the end, for a game that was supposedly being delayed to be improved over and over again, it didn't really live up to all that hype.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 am

ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
DarK wrote:

The difference is that no 360 fanboy really hyped Crackdown 2 to be a huge AAA game and it had a really short development cycle. On the other hand, the PS3 fanboys hyped GT5 to be a massive AAA game that would make Forza 3 look like crap. It also had a 5 year development cycle and all the delays were due to the developers "perfecting" the game. But in the end, for a game that was supposedly being delayed to be improved over and over again, it didn't really live up to all that hype.

Selective ignorance, both have been fanboyed beyond belief (although the Alan Waketards were the most annoying last year). And the GT5 < Forza 3 argument is pretty subjective, because I still prefer GT5 over Forza 3 (through patching it's been made way better, the non-premium cars still look great, and once you unlock the higher damage modeling the game gets pretty impressive). It deserves that low score because it took way too damn long to come out and a few graphical issues are inexcusable, but low metacritic score doesn't mean it's a crappier game. At least GT5 tries to be a sim, Forza was just an arcade racer masquerading as a sim.

That being said. PGR4>GT5+Forza3 combined.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 am

cigar wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
DarK wrote:

Selective ignorance, both have been fanboyed beyond belief (although the Alan Waketards were the most annoying last year). And the GT5 < Forza 3 argument is pretty subjective, because I still prefer GT5 over Forza 3 (through patching it's been made way better, the non-premium cars still look great, and once you unlock the higher damage modeling the game gets pretty impressive). It deserves that low score because it took way too damn long to come out and a few graphical issues are inexcusable, but low metacritic score doesn't mean it's a crappier game. At least GT5 tries to be a sim, Forza was just an arcade racer masquerading as a sim.

That being said. PGR4>GT5+Forza3 combined.

lol are you really comparing Crackdown 2 hype to GT5 hype?
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm

ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
DarK wrote:

OK... I know, but Crackdown 2 was hyped up the ass, go check the N4G forums NOW!! You'll see all the Crackdown 2 this, Crackdown 2 that. It really doesn't matter if it got delayed or not all MLD and 360 fanboys care about is METACRITIC and its rating and hey I love Crackdown 2 (it deserved a 85+, but if Metacritic says it sucks then fuck my opinion it sucks right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:21 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
DarK wrote:

OK... I know, but Crackdown 2 was hyped up the ass, go check the N4G forums NOW!! You'll see all the Crackdown 2 this, Crackdown 2 that. It really doesn't matter if it got delayed or not all MLD and 360 fanboys care about is METACRITIC and its rating and hey I love Crackdown 2 (it deserved a 85+, but if Metacritic says it sucks then fuck my opinion it sucks right?
You've pretty much summed up how majority of users on these forums think. Doesn't matter how well it sells or loved by it's fans; as long as someone paid to give their opinion doesn't give it a 9+ score, they don't need an opinion -Sad really silent
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:16 pm

What I think is that we should stop fighting. Who gives a crap if Xbox has more games that Metacritic calls good than PS3? Who cares if PS3 has more A-AAA exclusives? Are you telling me when you play a game, you enjoy it if Metacritic says so? You purchase a console based on your opinions, what you're looking for in a console, what types of games are more abundant on one console, what type of controller and user interface you're looking for.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 pm

^ pretty much, but I've been saying that the entire time. Scores are worthless. Just a reflection of some guy with an opinion, no better or worse than anyone else. There is no objective quality comparison because that's an oxymoron.

Total sales mean shit, too. Hell, PS3 is selling more per year on average so that whole "devs won't support a console that isnt selling well" is bullshit. Especially when you see the amount of exclusives for PS3 rising and exclusives for 360 declining. Seems to go against the logic of "sales is good" doesn't it?

What you can argue is number of games, which the 360 has more of IIRC, but again it still comes down to what console has the games for YOU. If you like shooters then the 360 is for you, but if you don't then the PS3 is for you.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Well if it's just 360 vs. PS3, then yah, 360 is better for shooters (if it's all gaming machines, PC is the choice for shooters, hands-down). KZ2 and Resistance 3 doesn't fight back Halo and Gears of War and Call of Duty2 and Perfect Dark Zero and... you get the point.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:50 pm

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
Well if it's just 360 vs. PS3, then yah, 360 is better for shooters (if it's all gaming machines, PC is the choice for shooters, hands-down). KZ2 and Resistance 3 doesn't fight back Halo and Gears of War and Call of Duty2 and Perfect Dark Zero and... you get the point.

Call Of Duty 2 wasn't that good. And when I can use a PS3 style controller on 360 then it will not be the best console for shooters. The 360 controller is heavily towards a racing style of controller, pretty much a savant to racing but sucks for everything else.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:22 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:

Call Of Duty 2 wasn't that good.

*sobs*

HOW COULD YOU THINK SUCH A THING

The multiplayer was actually playable with intriguing maps and a smart community, the campaign was excellent (D-Day was intense, I cried when that guy was carrying the wounded body and a mortar hit and killed both of them), and the AI wasn't hurr-durr (ahem CoD3+5).

You didn't like it probably because your petty Xbox LIVE with your peasant LIVE kids nursery and your petty 360 controller discouraged you.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:45 am

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:

Call Of Duty 2 wasn't that good.

*sobs*

HOW COULD YOU THINK SUCH A THING

The multiplayer was actually playable with intriguing maps and a smart community, the campaign was excellent (D-Day was intense, I cried when that guy was carrying the wounded body and a mortar hit and killed both of them), and the AI wasn't hurr-durr (ahem CoD3+5).

You didn't like it probably because your petty Xbox LIVE with your peasant LIVE kids nursery and your petty 360 controller discouraged you.

Wow, nice insulting you insecure brat. There are a lot better games than COD2. I played it, beat it than gave it to one of my friends. You cried at that part? Wow. I forgot the last game I cried because of the storyline. Don't remember if I did in the Black Ops campaign. I did in Obvlivion though... Go troll somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 am

Damn, I was just joking. I respect your opinions. I'm not the type to hate or troll. I didn't mean to insult you... however, I actually did cry. Come on, I was 12...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next