This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:04 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You still havnt explained how Mass Effect 2(standalone game) is superior on PS3.The only thing you said so far about it is "It comes with bundled DLC" which I already explained is a poor defense
All DLC bundled with the game + the comic. If I can pick between ME2 without the DLC included, or ME2 with it, I obviously pick the latter.

*sigh* The comic will be crap.And 360 version is compatible with ME1.The comic isnt gonna make the version better.

And ME2(PS3) doesnt come with any exclusive DLC.Yes it can come with DLC and cost 60$ but I can get ME2 for 360 for much less and buy the dlc for even cheaper.lol FYI I already have all of the dlc

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You still havnt explained how Mass Effect 2(standalone game) is superior on PS3.The only thing you said so far about it is "It comes with bundled DLC" which I already explained is a poor defense
All DLC bundled with the game + the comic. If I can pick between ME2 without the DLC included, or ME2 with it, I obviously pick the latter.

*sigh* The comic will be crap.And 360 version is compatible with ME1.The comic isnt gonna make the version better.

And ME2(PS3) doesnt come with any exclusive DLC.Yes it can come with DLC and cost 60$ but I can get ME2 for 360 for much less and buy the dlc for even cheaper.lol FYI I already have all of the dlc

Or buy it new and get it with the cerberas network.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
can I have the link to when they said that please?

Check the first page of replies to this thread, I left a link there Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 pm

An ME2 GOTY edition seems inevitable don't you think?

No, it's stupid to rebuy a game that you already have just because it's coming to another platform. The "included" DLC is not worth 60 bucks. In fact, if I bought the 360 version (20-30 bucks) and bought the DLC it would come up to around the same price.

EA deluded you fools!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 pm

PureSexySound wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Simple.. EA and Bioware said it would be =3

Just like how Ubisoft said the PS3 was the lead version for Brotherhood. AMIRITE!?!?

Typically, the Unreal Engine 3 doesn't work as well with the Trey. I have faith in Bioware though but I don't expect it to be technically better.

EDIT:

Fuck yea I double posted.

Take that PS3 Nation. I can do whatever I want on this forum.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Buying ME2 + all DLC separately for 360 will still be more expensive, at least where I live. The fact that ME2 is compatible with ME1 is a moot point since the comic lets you make the same decisions.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:29 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Buying ME2 + all DLC separately for 360 will still be more expensive, at least where I live. The fact that ME2 is compatible with ME1 is a moot point since the comic lets you make the same decisions.

Mass Effect 2 (360) = 30 dollars new
Lair of the Shadow Broker= 10 dollars
Kasumi- Stolen Memory= 7 dollars
Overlord- 7 dollars
Equalizer Pack- 2 dollars
Firepower Pack- 2 dollars

Total: 58 dollars

Mass Effect 2 (PS3)- 60 dollars.

Bioware is going to sum up a 20 hour game in a 10-15 minute comic....See what's wrong with that picture? ME2 on PS3 will be great, but it's stupid to say that it's going to be better on the PS3. Besides, if you are a multiplatform owner why in the WORLD would you choose the PS3 to play only two games from a trilogy?

Last edited by Alan1994 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

No matter what you Bioware do with the comic, it will never be on par with playing Mass Effect 1 as you are completely missing out on an prior experience. There is a certain satisfaction when you see the things that you've done in ME1 reflected in ME2 and into ME3 and thats something that a comic cant replicate. For this reason Mass Effect will always be superior on the XBOX 360
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:06 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:
I only played the first Mass Effect for a couple of hours. Didn't finish it. When Mass Effect 2 came out, I bought it for PC and played it from there. I got the idea of what happened in the first and just played through the second, and I really enjoyed the story and gameplay. You don't NEED ME1 to play ME2. Arb is just in denial. =3

Fair enough but he'll need to start a brand new character which takes away the whole sort of verisimilitude of the Mass Effect universe. It's better to continue where you left off with the same character and all your choices continuing. Like if you kill a certain character you wont see him in the next game. Razz

Btw did you ever complete the first Mass Effect? If not I'd recommend that you do. I prefer it to Mass Effect 2 a lot more.
Yeah, I might go back and finish the first, but its not a necessity for me. I'm already happy with the second. I still haven't got all the DLC for ME2 on PC. Might just Yar-Har it.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

Overlord- 7 dollars

Bioware is going to sum up a 20 hour game in a 10-15 minute comic....See what's wrong with that picture? ME2 on PS3 will be great, but it's stupid to say that it's going to be better on the PS3. Besides, if you are a multiplatform owner why in the WORLD would you choose the PS3 to play only two games from a trilogy?
Overlord- 7 dollars
Aegis Pack - 2 dollars
Alternate appearance pack - 2 dollars
= 32 dollars
which is 62 dollars total.

I have access to both 360, PS3 and PC, and already own ME1 for 360 and PC. I'd rather buy ME2 for PS3 because of the added content. Not that I'll ever waste my money on ME2 albino

ghost23 wrote:

No matter what you Bioware do with the comic, it will never be on par with playing Mass Effect 1 as you are completely missing out on an prior experience. There is a certain satisfaction when you see the things that you've done in ME1 reflected in ME2 and into ME3 and thats something that a comic cant replicate. For this reason Mass Effect will always be superior on the XBOX 360

I wholeheartedly agree. I'll say it again, I'm only talking about the ME2 version here. If it was me, I'd just get ME1 and completely skip ME2.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:23 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Overlord- 7 dollars

Overlord- 7 dollars
Aegis Pack - 2 dollars
Alternate appearance pack - 2 dollars
= 32 dollars
which is 62 dollars total.

I have access to both 360, PS3 and PC, and already own ME1 for 360 and PC. I'd rather buy ME2 for PS3 because of the added content. Not that I'll ever waste my money on ME2 albino

ghost23 wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. I'll say it again, I'm only talking about the ME2 version here. If it was me, I'd just get ME1 and completely skip ME2.

I've been defeated....

WAIT. I was wrong. ME2 for X360 (new) is 20 dollars. ME2 + all the DLC is 52 dollars.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74058
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

I've been defeated....

WAIT. I was wrong. ME2 for X360 (new) is 20 dollars. ME2 + all the DLC is 52 dollars.

But don't you think it's unfair to compare the current reduced ME1 price to the retail release price for the ME2 PS3 version? Obviously the PS3 version will become just as cheap after a while.

ME2 for 360 is like $ 35 in Sweden Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:30 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I've been defeated....

But don't you think it's unfair to compare the current reduced ME1 price to the retail release price for the ME2 PS3 version? Obviously the PS3 version will become just as cheap after a while.

ME2 for 360 is like $ 35 in Sweden Razz

Dude, that wasn't the point.

You are argueing that ME2 on PS3 is the better buy than ME2 on the X360. I just proved you wrong with the pricing.

Get PWNT.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

You are argueing that ME2 on PS3 is the better buy than ME2 on the X360. I just proved you wrong with the pricing.

Get PWNT.
Not in Sweden you haven't.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:34 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Get PWNT.
Not in Sweden you haven't.

So Mass Effect 2 is better in Sweden!?!?!?

Shit I'm selling my 360 and moving to Sweden!!
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:39 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

So Mass Effect 2 is better in Sweden!?!?!?

Shit I'm selling my 360 and moving to Sweden!!
Sure is lol!
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:49 pm

So none of you guys have faith in Bioware to bring an awesome game to another console?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
So none of you guys have faith in Bioware to bring an awesome game to another console?

I do. I just think it's REDONKULOUS to buy ME2 on the PS3 when you already have it for the X360....
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
I don't have faith in Bioware whatsoever No
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:10 pm

all i can say is after the xbox live fiasco when mass effect 2 was out with all Special DLC was free for a amount of time, that my mass effect 2 is supirior considering PS3 probably wont get those items, that and Microsoft will prob downgrade the prices of mass effect 2 DLC making the 360 version cheaper
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:25 am

go for it, not it will mean much.

most all ready bought it when it was new or this holiday for 360 or PC

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:43 am

I probably will buy it a few weeks after it comes out depending on how many other games that i want are released in the same month.
I think it will be worth it because without Xbox live most games seem inferior on the Xbox to me because of no online multiplayer, DLC and extras that require live so i usually end up buying multiplats on the PS3 anyway because half the game isnt blocked to me with PSN lol

BTW i don't plan on getting xbox live because i don't want to pay for live and wireless and i don't have much use for all of lives extra features it has Neutral
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:29 pm

He can buy whatever he wants. Its his money, people burn money foolishly all the time.
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:23 pm

buy it if you want to have all the dlc with the full game..other than that i wouldn't buy it since its the same game ive played a year ago..
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm

zinc wrote:
He can buy whatever he wants. Its his money, people burn money foolishly all the time.

Im a fool for buying a game for DLC i can only get on the PS3? I will be paying a little bit extra unless the price drops quickly and its more worth it than buying over 100 worth of stuff to get live just to buy the DLC for even more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   

Back to top Go down

Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2