This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Steam coming to PS3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:43 pm

PS3 owners are in for a treat. Steam is coming to Ps3. I know this may be old, but some people have forgetting about this.

What will MS do to counter this. Valve has bashed Sony in the past and now it seems they are working together.

http://play.tm/news/30679/steam-coming-to-ps3/

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/steam-coming-to-ps3-16-06-2010/

http://gaming.icrontic.com/news/steam-announced-for-playstation-3/
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:05 pm

lol ouch, crippling deathblow to Microsoft. But I wonder if Sony will keep the online gaming price the same or increase it. And same goes to MS, will they lower it? Or does MS have more up their sleeve?

Join us again tomorrow to find out...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:22 pm

I hate steam and every single digital distribution out there
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I hate steam and every single digital distribution out there

But halo dlc is only distributed digitally, hence the name "downloadable content". Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Will L4D come to PS3 since PS3 has Steam?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:46 pm

GamerKing wrote:
Will L4D come to PS3 since PS3 has Steam?
I doubt, considering Microsoft owns the rights, do they not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:49 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
Will L4D come to PS3 since PS3 has Steam?
I doubt, considering Microsoft owns the rights, do they not?

No...
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:59 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
I hate steam and every single digital distribution out there

But halo dlc is only distributed digitally, hence the name "downloadable content". Wink

yes but I would only buy it because I cant get it on a disc.I always chose discs over digital distribution
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Yes i hate Digital distributional too.
Who cares if steam slash prices on games so we Don't have to spend the extra money on the disc version cheers
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:57 pm

This is old...

And it's not steam itself either. It'd be like a gimped version of it. Or maybe just for Portal 2. And Sony (I think) wouldn't agree to it either because it would destroy all of their online revenue.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Never been a fan of steam. Their prices are good but I get horrible connection speeds on the service, not sure why.
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:52 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
This is old...

And it's not steam itself either. It'd be like a gimped version of it. Or maybe just for Portal 2. And Sony (I think) wouldn't agree to it either because it would destroy all of their online revenue.

So it will be a more dumbed down version of Steam?
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 498
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:11 pm

I saw this comment from one of the links

wrote:
Gabe N. talked about SteamCloud he said nothing about STEAM being on PlayStation 3


Im not fully convinced till Steam or Sony say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Ozsem wrote:
I saw this comment from one of the links

wrote:
Gabe N. talked about SteamCloud he said nothing about STEAM being on PlayStation 3


Im not fully convinced till Steam or Sony say otherwise.

Nice find man...
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 pm

GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
This is old...

And it's not steam itself either. It'd be like a gimped version of it. Or maybe just for Portal 2. And Sony (I think) wouldn't agree to it either because it would destroy all of their online revenue.

So it will be a more dumbed down version of Steam?

Steamworks was announced along side Portal 2 for stuff like auto-updates. I don't think the PS3 will be getting Steam in general. It's just for Valve games that will be supported by Steam on the PS3. Besides, the PS3 wouldn't be able to run the majority of games on Steam. Not enough RAM, GPU too weak.
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:49 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
This is old...

And it's not steam itself either. It'd be like a gimped version of it. Or maybe just for Portal 2. And Sony (I think) wouldn't agree to it either because it would destroy all of their online revenue.

So it will be a more dumbed down version of Steam?

Steamworks was announced along side Portal 2 for stuff like auto-updates. I don't think the PS3 will be getting Steam in general. It's just for Valve games that will be supported by Steam on the PS3. Besides, the PS3 wouldn't be able to run the majority of games on Steam. Not enough RAM, GPU too weak.

So they are just getting updates? They won't be able to buy Steam games?

Is is true that Steam games like L4D run better on PC and 360 then PS3? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Steam will make a nice addition to the PS3 although I doubt I'll ever use it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:04 pm

GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
This is old...

And it's not steam itself either. It'd be like a gimped version of it. Or maybe just for Portal 2. And Sony (I think) wouldn't agree to it either because it would destroy all of their online revenue.

So it will be a more dumbed down version of Steam?

Steamworks was announced along side Portal 2 for stuff like auto-updates. I don't think the PS3 will be getting Steam in general. It's just for Valve games that will be supported by Steam on the PS3. Besides, the PS3 wouldn't be able to run the majority of games on Steam. Not enough RAM, GPU too weak.

So they are just getting updates? They won't be able to buy Steam games?

Is is true that Steam games like L4D run better on PC and 360 then PS3? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct. L4D is superior on the PC than on the 360. And L4D3 will also be superior (not a little bit better, superior) than the 360 version and the PS3 version (if it goes to PS3).
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:21 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
This is old...

And it's not steam itself either. It'd be like a gimped version of it. Or maybe just for Portal 2. And Sony (I think) wouldn't agree to it either because it would destroy all of their online revenue.

So it will be a more dumbed down version of Steam?

Steamworks was announced along side Portal 2 for stuff like auto-updates. I don't think the PS3 will be getting Steam in general. It's just for Valve games that will be supported by Steam on the PS3. Besides, the PS3 wouldn't be able to run the majority of games on Steam. Not enough RAM, GPU too weak.

So they are just getting updates? They won't be able to buy Steam games?

Is is true that Steam games like L4D run better on PC and 360 then PS3? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct. L4D is superior on the PC than on the 360. And L4D3 will also be superior (not a little bit better, superior) than the 360 version and the PS3 version (if it goes to PS3).

Oh okay.

Also will PS3 owners be able to purchase things on Steam?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:52 pm

GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
This is old...

And it's not steam itself either. It'd be like a gimped version of it. Or maybe just for Portal 2. And Sony (I think) wouldn't agree to it either because it would destroy all of their online revenue.

So it will be a more dumbed down version of Steam?

Steamworks was announced along side Portal 2 for stuff like auto-updates. I don't think the PS3 will be getting Steam in general. It's just for Valve games that will be supported by Steam on the PS3. Besides, the PS3 wouldn't be able to run the majority of games on Steam. Not enough RAM, GPU too weak.

So they are just getting updates? They won't be able to buy Steam games?

Is is true that Steam games like L4D run better on PC and 360 then PS3? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct. L4D is superior on the PC than on the 360. And L4D3 will also be superior (not a little bit better, superior) than the 360 version and the PS3 version (if it goes to PS3).

Oh okay.

Also will PS3 owners be able to purchase things on Steam?

Just forget what I said earlier. PS3 owners are NOT getting Steam. Valve games on PS3 will get Steamworks SUPPORT. Which means that games like Portal 2 will be getting automatic updates and downloads and such.
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:10 am

BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
This is old...

And it's not steam itself either. It'd be like a gimped version of it. Or maybe just for Portal 2. And Sony (I think) wouldn't agree to it either because it would destroy all of their online revenue.

So it will be a more dumbed down version of Steam?

Steamworks was announced along side Portal 2 for stuff like auto-updates. I don't think the PS3 will be getting Steam in general. It's just for Valve games that will be supported by Steam on the PS3. Besides, the PS3 wouldn't be able to run the majority of games on Steam. Not enough RAM, GPU too weak.

So they are just getting updates? They won't be able to buy Steam games?

Is is true that Steam games like L4D run better on PC and 360 then PS3? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct. L4D is superior on the PC than on the 360. And L4D3 will also be superior (not a little bit better, superior) than the 360 version and the PS3 version (if it goes to PS3).

Oh okay.

Also will PS3 owners be able to purchase things on Steam?

Just forget what I said earlier. PS3 owners are NOT getting Steam. Valve games on PS3 will get Steamworks SUPPORT. Which means that games like Portal 2 will be getting automatic updates and downloads and such.

Oh okay.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:28 pm

GamerKing wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
Will L4D come to PS3 since PS3 has Steam?
I doubt, considering Microsoft owns the rights, do they not?

No...

Oh right. Well Valve originally didn't want to release L4D on ps3 for I don't know what reasons. I don't see why steam should change that... but yeah, there's a chance it could come to ps3 regardless of steam.

But this just proves how stupid microsoft are.
They own hardly any first party studios that are actually releasing games consistently. To be fair, ps3 has loads of first party games that don't interest me in the slightest but at least Sony have reliable exclusives that don't just randomly turn multiplats.

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 23
Location : Sera

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:20 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
Will L4D come to PS3 since PS3 has Steam?
I doubt, considering Microsoft owns the rights, do they not?

No...

Oh right. Well Valve originally didn't want to release L4D on ps3 for I don't know what reasons. I don't see why steam should change that... but yeah, there's a chance it could come to ps3 regardless of steam.

But this just proves how stupid microsoft are.
They own hardly any first party studios that are actually releasing games consistently. To be fair, ps3 has loads of first party games that don't interest me in the slightest but at least Sony have reliable exclusives that don't just randomly turn multiplats.


I agree and they should freaking get there PC act together. UPDATE GFWL!!!
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:56 am

GamerKing wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
Will L4D come to PS3 since PS3 has Steam?
I doubt, considering Microsoft owns the rights, do they not?

No...

Oh right. Well Valve originally didn't want to release L4D on ps3 for I don't know what reasons. I don't see why steam should change that... but yeah, there's a chance it could come to ps3 regardless of steam.

But this just proves how stupid microsoft are.
They own hardly any first party studios that are actually releasing games consistently. To be fair, ps3 has loads of first party games that don't interest me in the slightest but at least Sony have reliable exclusives that don't just randomly turn multiplats.


I agree and they should freaking get there PC act together. UPDATE GFWL!!!

Nope. They can't do two things at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Wii60
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice


Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:48 am

DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
Will L4D come to PS3 since PS3 has Steam?
I doubt, considering Microsoft owns the rights, do they not?
wow this makes me sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   

Back to top Go down
 
Steam coming to PS3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New LEGO store coming to Newark, DE!!!
» Id Super Pack On Steam
» Skaven are coming, oh Noes
» Minecraft is coming too Xbox Live Arcade.
» Another Steam question

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: