This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 PS3 vs. 360

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Hey guys I just need to know what console you prefer and why and if you don't like the other console tell me why so I can correct you if there are any mistakes you have thought about the other console, but my personal preference is PS3 and here is my list for it.

Bluray
PS3: Yes
360: No

Complete HD (including sound such as Dolby True and above and 7.1)
PS3: Yes
360: No

Wifi
PS3: Yes
360: Mine, no (i had to buy the wireless adapter), the new "S" model better wifi than PS3

Better Graphics
PS3 has the best graphics as we all know, but multi plats look better on 360 and its not the PS3's fault and there are games like Oblivion that look much better on PS3 and its noticeable not like the other games: Oblivion looks better on PS3

Full 1080p Streaming
PS3: Yes
360: Yes

PSN and Xbox Live
PSN, Features not in Xbox Live: Video Editor and Uploader, Hulu Plus, Vudu, NHL Center, Remote Play with your PSP, Phone, or PC (part of PSN because it requires you to sign in)
Xbox Live, Features not in PSN: XGC, Voice Messaging, Last.fm, ESPN, (others, the PS3 can do with the browser. (I like Live better though)

Headsets:
PS3: Bluetooth, USB so universal
360: Official and third party licenced only


Last edited by txtman8095 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Really?
You come on here to purposely try to start flame wars?
Not a good start.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:25 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Really?
You come on here to purposely try to start flame wars?
Not a good start.

No No not that I just hate how people that don't know anything about the consoles talk shit about it all the time I'll try to correct them with proof of course and if it gets out of hand then I'll see to it that inappropriate comments get deleted Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:33 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Really?
You come on here to purposely try to start flame wars?
Not a good start.

No No not that I just hate how people that don't know anything about the consoles talk shit about it all the time I'll try to correct them with proof of course and if it gets out of hand then I'll see to it that inappropriate comments get deleted Smile

I hate fanboys too and all, but this section of forum is dedicated to anti PS3 discussion. Lets try and not start flame wars.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:39 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Really?
You come on here to purposely try to start flame wars?
Not a good start.

No No not that I just hate how people that don't know anything about the consoles talk shit about it all the time I'll try to correct them with proof of course and if it gets out of hand then I'll see to it that inappropriate comments get deleted Smile

Ok if it really matters to you, I like the 360 more because its exclusives appeal more to me such as Halo, Gears, Alan Wake etc. I buy multiplats on the 360 because my entire library is on 360 so I continue that trend. Also i like the design of the 360 controller more than the PS3 because the PS3 controller makes my hands feel uncomfortable since it is so small and I dont have that problem with the 360.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:33 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Really?
You come on here to purposely try to start flame wars?
Not a good start.

No No not that I just hate how people that don't know anything about the consoles talk shit about it all the time I'll try to correct them with proof of course and if it gets out of hand then I'll see to it that inappropriate comments get deleted Smile

Okay, I like ps3 although very few of its exclusives appeal to me. I like Xbox 360 for games like Bully, Halo (mainly for multiplayer), Crackdown, Fable and so on.
Most multiplats are also superior on 360, which is a bonus. Also Xbox Live is a better experience than psn although there are certainly desirable aspects of psn such as it's primarily free to play online. It's not quite as reliable as Xbox Live but there isn't a world of difference between the experiences but there's enough to keep me happy to pay for it.

Is that what you wanted to hear? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Complete HD? Dolby true is only for Blueray and was for HDDVD. That's biased. The 360 can do HD.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Dude, I will give you a very straight foward hint.Dont go starting flame wars on an XBOX(yes xbox, not playstation) forum.I will garentee you now that it will cause problems(obviously) that could easily result in a ban

Do not join this forum to debate, but to discuss xbox stuff.Because this thread is a really bad start.

Id take DVD over blu ray btw(rather have multiple discs than installs) and XBL is obviosuly better than PSN.Oh and PS3 does have better graphics but not on much games.Many PS3 exclusives could have the same graphics if they were on 360.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm

How about you change the headset part to
XBOX 360: Free with console purchase
PS3: $50 (in my country, dunno about US)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Does it really matter what side the OP is on in this section? It's pretty boring if all the threads are one-sided. Only about half of our members like the 360 the most anyways.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:51 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Complete HD? Dolby true is only for Blueray and was for HDDVD. That's biased. The 360 can do HD.
No, the last thing I want to be is biased. 360 is 1080p HD but a certain test revealed it wasn't as High Definition as the PS3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MakQpMSKP7I and TrueHD works for the PS3 system as a whole and I was looking at which system has complete HD functionality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:54 pm

ghost23 wrote:
How about you change the headset part to
XBOX 360: Free with console purchase
PS3: $50 (in my country, dunno about US)

I don't mean buying the headset, I meant which was better...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:06 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Dude, I will give you a very straight foward hint.Dont go starting flame wars on an XBOX(yes xbox, not playstation) forum.I will garentee you now that it will cause problems(obviously) that could easily result in a ban

Do not join this forum to debate, but to discuss xbox stuff.Because this thread is a really bad start.

Id take DVD over blu ray btw(rather have multiple discs than installs) and XBL is obviosuly better than PSN.Oh and PS3 does have better graphics but not on much games.Many PS3 exclusives could have the same graphics if they were on 360.
Tales of Vesperia was first on 360, but when they poted it to PS3 it had BETTER graphics, better gameplay, the characters had voices because of Bluray and its gpu the RSX. Oh and that theory you had about 360 could have same PS3 graphics if they were on 360 it would be impossible the count for PS3 is higher and Multi-plats have the count which means 360 couldn't handle those graphics and I'm not trying to be a fanboy even though my tone would make it seem like I am, but this website proves my theory http://www.digitalbattle.com/2008/04/06/volition-ps3-has-better-graphics-than-xbox-360/. Sorry can't help, but debate Razz This site really needs to stop banning people for the stupidest rules on all of the PS3 sites you could indirectly bash the PS3 and you won't get banned and if you indirectly bash 360 on here you would get banned I find that amusing lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:45 am

txtman8095 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Complete HD? Dolby true is only for Blueray and was for HDDVD. That's biased. The 360 can do HD.
No, the last thing I want to be is biased. 360 is 1080p HD but a certain test revealed it wasn't as High Definition as the PS3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MakQpMSKP7I and TrueHD works for the PS3 system as a whole and I was looking at which system has complete HD functionality.

That's stupid, "not as high definition"? The 360 can do full 720p. 720p is High Definition. And games on PS3 don't even play at true 1080p anyways, not unless you count games like Flower that is. GT5 for example plays at 1240X1080p, not true 1080p.

720p and up is true HD.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-05-25
Location : Xbox Live

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:13 am

i always ask the "playstation family"if graphics are such a home run in a debate why didnt more of you purchase the original xbox or dreamcast or even the gamecube? resident evil 4 on gamecube was stunning during that gen and the ps2 port was inferior. lets face it a lot of you grew up with a brand name in playstation and some have stuck with it because of ignorance, we are seeing a new generation of the same type of people with apple products when there is possibly better products on the market, especially with mobile devices.

Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:45 am

seems extremely bias and doesnt even mention............games.

this seems like a hardware spec pissing contest.

If hardware mattered and not games.........ps2 would be a dust collector and everybody would own a xbox 1.

history (proven by your OWN people) says your wrong. no offense


_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 95
Join date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 pm

I can't view the second page of this because it continuously redirects me to "Meatspin.com"..
I would suggest getting that looked into xD
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:45 pm

@BlackStigma I can't reply normally because its directing me to meatspin, but 720p+ is true HD, but 1080p is comlete HD what about Midnight Club LA that was a multiplat, but it ran in 1080p, but the native resolution was better on PS3 and GOW3 runs in 1080i, rarely any games see 1080p but Tests showed PS3 was built from the ground up to be 1080p so and its a Bluray player so its 1080p is like the one showed in Bluray players everywhere whereas Xbox 360 the first gens. lacked the HDMI port, but that was design later so PS3 does have better 1080p resolution and graphics than the Xbox 360 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 pm

What an obvious flame bait.

Oblivion better on PS3?....Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
@BlackStigma I can't reply normally because its directing me to meatspin, but 720p+ is true HD, but 1080p is comlete HD what about Midnight Club LA that was a multiplat, but it ran in 1080p, but the native resolution was better on PS3 and GOW3 runs in 1080i, rarely any games see 1080p but Tests showed PS3 was built from the ground up to be 1080p so and its a Bluray player so its 1080p is like the one showed in Bluray players everywhere whereas Xbox 360 the first gens. lacked the HDMI port, but that was design later so PS3 does have better 1080p resolution and graphics than the Xbox 360 Very Happy

Gow III is 720p native. Those "1080p" PS3 games have their graphics outdone by other games. 360 has some 1080p games too. Like Virtua Tennis 3 or whatever it's called (or was it Virtua Fighter 5?). NBA Homestreet is 1080p on 360 too, and a few other games.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Both the 360 and PS3 can output full 1080p HD. The 360 is limited to 5.1 surround sound, but in all seriousness 7.1 is just 2 extra speakers. 7.1 is only preferred if you have a large living room. Not to mention that a large percentage of PS3 games don't support 7.1. Making your claims moot. There is no such thing as "complete HD". Sorry but that's obviously a term you made up to give the PS3 a win.

You gave the PS3 a win in graphics despite the fact that 90% of multiplats look and perform better on 360 and you even implied it yourself. The PS3 has a weaker graphics card and the only reason it can compete at all is because of the Cell processor which handles the AA and post-processing effects for the GPU. Other than that most 3rd party developers agree that the 360 and PS3 are equally powerful in many aspects.

You also brought up the fact that YOUR 360 doesn't have Wi-fi. My brother's PS3 doesn't have wi-fi, should that mean anything? The current 360 which has been out for quite sometime has faster wi-fi than the PS3 and you fail to mention that.

Zune HD streaming uses the Silverlight engine which actually squeezes out better quality running on the same bit rate. When it was previewed people were comparing it to Blu-ray quality.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Both the 360 and PS3 can output full 1080p HD. The 360 is limited to 5.1 surround sound, but in all seriousness 7.1 is just 2 extra speakers. 7.1 is only preferred if you have a large living room. Not to mention that a large percentage of PS3 games don't support 7.1. Making your claims moot. There is no such thing as "complete HD". Sorry but that's obviously a term you made up to give the PS3 a win.

You gave the PS3 a win in graphics despite the fact that 90% of multiplats look and perform better on 360 and you even implied it yourself. The PS3 has a weaker graphics card and the only reason it can compete at all is because of the Cell processor which handles the AA and post-processing effects for the GPU. Other than that most 3rd party developers agree that the 360 and PS3 are equally powerful in many aspects.

You also brought up the fact that YOUR 360 doesn't have Wi-fi. My brother's PS3 doesn't have wi-fi, should that mean anything? The current 360 which has been out for quite sometime has faster wi-fi than the PS3 and you fail to mention that.

Zune HD streaming uses the Silverlight engine which actually squeezes out better quality running on the same bit rate. When it was previewed people were comparing it to Blu-ray quality.
Ok thats basically like saying that a DVD player that can upscale itself to full 1080p is equivalent to a Bluray player. I don't need to make the PS3 seem like the victor I have both and if 360 is better then thats good I have both, but remeber the 360 shipped without an HDMI port so it wasn't at full 1080p while PS3 was built to be 1080p from the ground up. And look correctly I mentioned that 360 has better wifi. The graphics part I already know about, but I'm saying all the 360 exclusives can be done PS3, but PS3 ones can't be done on 360, why? 1. From the developers themselves The 360 is not powerful enough to handle the graphics 2. Too large. And this isn't meant to be biased this is just the hardware discussion, I'll bring in the software discussion later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:55 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
seems extremely bias and doesnt even mention............games.

this seems like a hardware spec pissing contest.

If hardware mattered and not games.........ps2 would be a dust collector and everybody would own a xbox 1.

history (proven by your OWN people) says your wrong. no offense


lol! It sort of is, I'm just doing a short hardware and software comparison instead of doing them both at the same time for better results.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:53 pm

optimusprime wrote:
i always ask the "playstation family"if graphics are such a home run in a debate why didnt more of you purchase the original xbox or dreamcast or even the gamecube? resident evil 4 on gamecube was stunning during that gen and the ps2 port was inferior.


How? The PS2 version supported progressive scan, widescreen, and it had the Separate Ways mission. The lighting may have been a little different then the gamecube version, but I wouldn't call it an inferior port.

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:22 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Both the 360 and PS3 can output full 1080p HD. The 360 is limited to 5.1 surround sound, but in all seriousness 7.1 is just 2 extra speakers. 7.1 is only preferred if you have a large living room. Not to mention that a large percentage of PS3 games don't support 7.1. Making your claims moot. There is no such thing as "complete HD". Sorry but that's obviously a term you made up to give the PS3 a win.

You gave the PS3 a win in graphics despite the fact that 90% of multiplats look and perform better on 360 and you even implied it yourself. The PS3 has a weaker graphics card and the only reason it can compete at all is because of the Cell processor which handles the AA and post-processing effects for the GPU. Other than that most 3rd party developers agree that the 360 and PS3 are equally powerful in many aspects.

You also brought up the fact that YOUR 360 doesn't have Wi-fi. My brother's PS3 doesn't have wi-fi, should that mean anything? The current 360 which has been out for quite sometime has faster wi-fi than the PS3 and you fail to mention that.

Zune HD streaming uses the Silverlight engine which actually squeezes out better quality running on the same bit rate. When it was previewed people were comparing it to Blu-ray quality.
Ok thats basically like saying that a DVD player that can upscale itself to full 1080p is equivalent to a Bluray player. I don't need to make the PS3 seem like the victor I have both and if 360 is better then thats good I have both, but remeber the 360 shipped without an HDMI port so it wasn't at full 1080p while PS3 was built to be 1080p from the ground up. And look correctly I mentioned that 360 has better wifi. The graphics part I already know about, but I'm saying all the 360 exclusives can be done PS3, but PS3 ones can't be done on 360, why? 1. From the developers themselves The 360 is not powerful enough to handle the graphics 2. Too large. And this isn't meant to be biased this is just the hardware discussion, I'll bring in the software discussion later.
Neutral Neutral

PS3 exclusives can't be done on the 360 because THE ENGINE WAS DEVELOPED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE PS3 (Killzone)
360 exclusives can't be done on the PS3 because THE ENGINE WAS DEVELOPED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE XBOX 360. (Halo)

I guarantee you that if someone tried to port Halo Reach to the PS3, it could never be done, not because the Ps3 can't handle Halo Reach graphics.
And for the people who said 360 reached its graphical limitations in 2006 with Gears of War, they've been continuously proven wrong again and again and I have no doubt that some developer (Crytek possibly) is capable of Killzone 3/Uncharted graphics on the 360.
The developers who have said that the 360 is not powerful enough are the PS3 exclusive developers who have never made a game on the xbox 360. They don't know the architecture of the 360 as well as say Epic Games who have continually pushed the graphical bar with Gears of War.
I'll just wait for Allan to own you because he know more than both of us about this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   

Back to top Go down
 
PS3 vs. 360
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: