This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Activision sues EA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Activision sues EA.    Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:17 pm

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1141432p1.html

DAMN YOU ACTIVISION!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Boo hoo, Activision. Go cry me a river.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 pm

I have to say as much as I hate Activision this is pretty solid. Although I'm not convinced if it's true, I've got no doubt in my mind that EA would do something like that to attempt to sabotage Activision like that.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:21 am

Fuck off Activision, you ruined the Call of Duty franchise, not EA.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:13 am

Wait... I just read it and I get the that Activision fucked Infinity Ward in the ass, and blames it on EA for doing it?

Can't they just see that they might have done something wrong in this case? Like for instance setting too high pressure or not enough free creative thinking?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:10 am

Activision are paranoid. They know without CoD they have no future on consoles.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:46 am

They make some good points that may or may not be true.I really wouldnt be surprised if EA did those things

I hate both publishers but I wont use ignorant cod and activision hate to dismiss any claim like many will on this forum.Both companies are greedy and EA is NO better than Activision

Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:59 am

Back to top Go down
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:05 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:

ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:08 am

FINALLY!!!!
Back to top Go down
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:02 am

GREEDY ASS ACTIVISION.. They ruin the CoD franchise, EA is better anyways.. cheers cheers Bad Company cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:05 am

tr3ykilla wrote:
GREEDY ASS ACTIVISION.. They ruin the CoD franchise, EA is better anyways.. cheers cheers Bad Company cheers cheers

cheers cheers Mass Effect cheers cheers
cheers cheers Dragon Age cheers cheers
cheers cheers Dead Space cheers cheers
cheers cheers Need for Speed cheers cheers
cheers cheers Rock Band cheers cheers
cheers cheers FIFA, Madden cheers cheers

Activision:
Call of Duty.......
Guitar Hero??? (is it still relevant)
uhhhh what else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:41 pm

^^^ you had em at Mass Effect Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:31 pm

At this point I'm neutral. I hate Activision but to be fair if the evidence is true then they have a case.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:21 pm

ghost23 wrote:
tr3ykilla wrote:

cheers cheers Mass Effect cheers cheers
cheers cheers Dragon Age cheers cheers
cheers cheers Dead Space cheers cheers
cheers cheers Need for Speed cheers cheers
cheers cheers Rock Band cheers cheers
cheers cheers FIFA, Madden cheers cheers

Activision:
Call of Duty.......
Guitar Hero??? (is it still relevant)
uhhhh what else?

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:34 pm

ghost23 wrote:

And how did they do that?Last time I checked the games have still gotten great reception and sales.The Call of Duty franchise is going stronger than ever.
Back to top Go down
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:42 am

You guys forgot starcraft2 for activision they have a partnership with blizzard right?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:53 am

Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

And how did they do that?Last time I checked the games have still gotten great reception and sales.The Call of Duty franchise is going stronger than ever.

Because its the same rehashed shit every year. Same stuff, same problems. This is the exact same thing as Guitar Hero. Instead of innovating, they recognise it for the cash cow that is it and milk every last drop of it. At least Rock Band tries to innovate but Harmonix don't get the commercial success they deserve solely due to Activision flooding of the market with useless titles.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:14 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Because its the same rehashed shit every year. Same stuff, same problems. This is the exact same thing as Guitar Hero. Instead of innovating, they recognise it for the cash cow that is it and milk every last drop of it. At least Rock Band tries to innovate but Harmonix don't get the commercial success they deserve solely due to Activision flooding of the market with useless titles.

I really couldnt care less if its being "milked" because it does not change the fact that the games are good and fun.Besides, CoD isnt milked imo.To me a milked game is a low quality game that the devs keep spitting out just to sell it(usually with the title).Look at sonic for example, THAT is milked.Not CoD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I really couldnt care less if its being "milked" because it does not change the fact that the games are good and fun.Besides, CoD isnt milked imo.To me a milked game is a low quality game that the devs keep spitting out just to sell it(usually with the title).Look at sonic for example, THAT is milked.Not CoD

Well I argue that they are milking the success of the CoD4 engine by just re-releasing pretty much the same game over and over and not adding really anything new besides maps and guns.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:18 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Well I argue that they are milking the success of the CoD4 engine by just re-releasing pretty much the same game over and over and not adding really anything new besides maps and guns.

So?Its doesnt mean "it will be the same game" for everyone who plays.I mean, MW2 was my first cod game and it seemed really fresh.whether is frsh or not depends on the person and there tastes.

And people shouldnt blame activision for making a cod game every year.It is OUR fault.We keep buying their games(more and more sales each game) so we are telling activision that we like having a cod every year.

Cod aint milked.Yes it sure as hell aint innovative, but its also sure as hell not like Sonic
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

So?Its doesnt mean "it will be the same game" for everyone who plays.I mean, MW2 was my first cod game and it seemed really fresh.whether is frsh or not depends on the person and there tastes.

And people shouldnt blame activision for making a cod game every year.It is OUR fault.We keep buying their games(more and more sales each game) so we are telling activision that we like having a cod every year.

Cod aint milked.Yes it sure as hell aint innovative, but its also sure as hell not like Sonic
That doesn't make any sense. Why is Sonic at fault, but not COD? It's the same damn thing. Sega realizes people by their Sonic games so they make more and more. They didn't care about the quality. Same with COD. And your other point on "it will not be the same for everyone" that's just plain stupid. Of course there will be new people and it will be fresh to them, but not the majority who already played the previous ones. I agree, it is their fault for continuing to buy them, but that does not mean Activision can just take advantage of that.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:03 pm

Teckno wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. Why is Sonic at fault, but not COD? It's the same damn thing. Sega realizes people by their Sonic games so they make more and more. They didn't care about the quality. Same with COD. And your other point on "it will not be the same for everyone" that's just plain stupid. Of course there will be new people and it will be fresh to them, but not the majority who already played the previous ones. I agree, it is their fault for continuing to buy them, but that does not mean Activision can just take advantage of that.

Yes it does make sense.Sega put little to no quality in their sonic games and then sell it off.They make tons of crappy sonic games hoping to sell just with having the name "sonic".Activision actually PUT QUALITY in cod games and actually make the games worth buying.What is so hard to understand about that?

Whos the majority?Of course alot of gamers out there have cod games but I highly doubt every gamer has played CoD.The fact alone that I started playing cod for the first time during its later games shows this.See, I think people should look at the game for what it is, not comparing to another game.Like people do in the console wars.If a 360 exlusive comes out, They MUST compare it to the other consoles competitor game instead of focusing on the game itself.

Are you stupid?Are you telling me that if you were the head of activision you wouldnt produce cod games alot even though they sell tons?Dont tell me no because that would be a lie.Us gamers are telling them to make cod games every year, they are abbiding(obviously because it makes them $$$).
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:51 pm

If what Activision says is true then I hope Justice is served. Even if Activision is evil that gives Infinity Ward no right to break the law.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Agreed. People need to stop bitching about COD being milked when it's the gamer's fault.

Dumbasses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activision sues EA.    

Back to top Go down

Activision sues EA.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next