This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 100
Join date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 596
Join date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Well pull a bioshock for ps3 and get it a year later or something.

Or a Mass Effect 2. Amirite, MLD?
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 am

7th wrote:
Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.

It runs at a lower resolution on 360 and a lot of content was cut from the game even though it was 3 discs... Hate to say it but PS3 can run 360 exclusives, but 360 can barely run PS3 exclusives (if at all).

Killzone 3 would be 3 discs on 360. Food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:52 am

cigar wrote:
7th wrote:
Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.

It runs at a lower resolution on 360 and a lot of content was cut from the game even though it was 3 discs... Hate to say it but PS3 can run 360 exclusives, but 360 can barely run PS3 exclusives (if at all).

Killzone 3 would be 3 discs on 360. Food for thought.

Actually I think it's like 4-5 discs. KZ3 is over 41 gigs.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 am

Invincible wrote:
cigar wrote:
7th wrote:
Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.

It runs at a lower resolution on 360 and a lot of content was cut from the game even though it was 3 discs... Hate to say it but PS3 can run 360 exclusives, but 360 can barely run PS3 exclusives (if at all).

Killzone 3 would be 3 discs on 360. Food for thought.

Actually I think it's like 4-5 discs. KZ3 is over 41 gigs.

More like 5 - 6 if over 41GB
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 pm

cigar wrote:
7th wrote:
Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.

It runs at a lower resolution on 360 and a lot of content was cut from the game even though it was 3 discs... Hate to say it but PS3 can run 360 exclusives, but 360 can barely run PS3 exclusives (if at all).

Killzone 3 would be 3 discs on 360. Food for thought.

But the thing is the developers of Killzone 3 didn't need to use much compression when making the game since they knew they had so much space to work with. If other games didn't use any compression, they would be a lot larger then they currently are.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 95
Join date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:12 pm

ghost23 wrote:
cigar wrote:
7th wrote:
Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.

It runs at a lower resolution on 360 and a lot of content was cut from the game even though it was 3 discs... Hate to say it but PS3 can run 360 exclusives, but 360 can barely run PS3 exclusives (if at all).

Killzone 3 would be 3 discs on 360. Food for thought.

But the thing is the developers of Killzone 3 didn't need to use much compression when making the game since they knew they had so much space to work with. If other games didn't use any compression, they would be a lot larger then they currently are.

Yeah, like inFamous was around 20Gb on a disk, but was compressed to 7Gb for the PS Store.. LBP is also an example of this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 27
Location : behind you

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:51 am

PureSexySound wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
cigar wrote:
7th wrote:
Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.

It runs at a lower resolution on 360 and a lot of content was cut from the game even though it was 3 discs... Hate to say it but PS3 can run 360 exclusives, but 360 can barely run PS3 exclusives (if at all).

Killzone 3 would be 3 discs on 360. Food for thought.

But the thing is the developers of Killzone 3 didn't need to use much compression when making the game since they knew they had so much space to work with. If other games didn't use any compression, they would be a lot larger then they currently are.

Yeah, like inFamous was around 20Gb on a disk, but was compressed to 7Gb for the PS Store.. LBP is also an example of this Very Happy

Interesting, i had no idea.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 pm

cigar wrote:
7th wrote:
Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.

It runs at a lower resolution on 360 and a lot of content was cut from the game even though it was 3 discs... Hate to say it but PS3 can run 360 exclusives, but 360 can barely run PS3 exclusives (if at all).

Killzone 3 would be 3 discs on 360. Food for thought.

You shouldn't talk to Alan1994.
Back to top Go down
Riley



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and correct you guys on some stuff ok. Nomura did not write FFVII he did the character designs. This is the first game he has directed. When people blame him for the past games sucking have no idea what he does.

Next, I wouldn't count on this being multi-platform. This game has been in development forever. Nomura sees his wife once a week. He spends the rest of his time working on this game. He has said on multiple occasions that he would walk out if Wada ported this to the shitbox. Wada is supposed to be retiring soon and if anyone deserves to take his place it's Nomura. He said that porting the game would be a knife in his heart because he wants to push the PS3 as far as it can go. I agree I want this game to be full.
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:30 am

Riley wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and correct you guys on some stuff ok. Nomura did not write FFVII he did the character designs. This is the first game he has directed. When people blame him for the past games sucking have no idea what he does.

Next, I wouldn't count on this being multi-platform. This game has been in development forever. Nomura sees his wife once a week. He spends the rest of his time working on this game. He has said on multiple occasions that he would walk out if Wada ported this to the shitbox. Wada is supposed to be retiring soon and if anyone deserves to take his place it's Nomura. He said that porting the game would be a knife in his heart because he wants to push the PS3 as far as it can go. I agree I want this game to be full.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 pm

I was waiting for this to happen. I wanna play Versus XIII soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Oh well. There are more Final Fantasy games.
Back to top Go down
SwineFluu



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:40 am

The new trailer:

Compared to the previous one:

Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 27
Location : behind you

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:03 am

SwineFluu wrote:
The new trailer:

Compared to the previous one:


I think the reason they added the "world wide" was because of the FFXIII going to 360, they didn't want any rumors of their title also going to 360 so they added that to assure people that it was for ps3 only.

Or maybe it is coming to 360, anyone could come up with many theories, but who knows, gotta wait till E3 i guess.


Back to top Go down
Riley



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Blackou7 wrote:
Riley wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and correct you guys on some stuff ok. Nomura did not write FFVII he did the character designs. This is the first game he has directed. When people blame him for the past games sucking have no idea what he does.

Next, I wouldn't count on this being multi-platform. This game has been in development forever. Nomura sees his wife once a week. He spends the rest of his time working on this game. He has said on multiple occasions that he would walk out if Wada ported this to the shitbox. Wada is supposed to be retiring soon and if anyone deserves to take his place it's Nomura. He said that porting the game would be a knife in his heart because he wants to push the PS3 as far as it can go. I agree I want this game to be full.
How am I a troll? Better yet how am I stupid. He has only directed this game and FFVII advent children and that's a movie(and a bad one at that but that's a story for a different day). Are you trying to troll me or what?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:59 pm

cigar wrote:
7th wrote:
Well, FFXIII was exclusive up till a year before release. Then it was a surprise announcement. We don't even have a firm release date on Versus so anything could happen.

It runs at a lower resolution on 360 and a lot of content was cut from the game even though it was 3 discs... Hate to say it but PS3 can run 360 exclusives, but 360 can barely run PS3 exclusives (if at all).

Killzone 3 would be 3 discs on 360. Food for thought.

I cringe everytime someone says this.

Content was cut before they started development of the 360 version. They did not cut it because of the 360 version. The PS3 version was already almost maxing out the Blu-ray version, and the game itself was only 7 Gbs of actual game content. If they really cared about pleasing their fanbase and making it less linear they would have done so by not making 32 fucking GBs of cutscenes.

The reason why most 360 exclusives that got to PS3 run fine on the system is because the engine that most 360 games use are cross-platform (Unreal Engine 3, Havok, etc) and already have a code ready for the Ps3 version. When a PS3 ex-exclusive that has been in development for years suddenly goes multiplatform, ofcourse the 360 version is going to suffer from bad coding.

YES, DVD is one disadvantage, but games that are multiplatform and are 2 discs run fine on 360. KZ3 wouldn't be 3 discs if it was multiplatform. The devs are probably using that extra space to optimize performance/load times and store textures they couldn't store on the main system RAM. Still though, it's probably atleast 10 GBs of game content so yea it would need maybe 2 discs. This is all hypothetical though as KZ3 was built from the ground up for the PS3. An inhouse engine will never and could never run on the 360 (and vice versa when talking about 1st party 360 exclusives).


Last edited by Alan1994 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2010-12-09
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Riley wrote:
Blackou7 wrote:
Riley wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and correct you guys on some stuff ok. Nomura did not write FFVII he did the character designs. This is the first game he has directed. When people blame him for the past games sucking have no idea what he does.

Next, I wouldn't count on this being multi-platform. This game has been in development forever. Nomura sees his wife once a week. He spends the rest of his time working on this game. He has said on multiple occasions that he would walk out if Wada ported this to the shitbox. Wada is supposed to be retiring soon and if anyone deserves to take his place it's Nomura. He said that porting the game would be a knife in his heart because he wants to push the PS3 as far as it can go. I agree I want this game to be full.
How am I a troll? Better yet how am I stupid. He has only directed this game and FFVII advent children and that's a movie(and a bad one at that but that's a story for a different day). Are you trying to troll me or what?
Basically here, if you speak ever so bluntly-you're a troll. That is of course when you put your own personal words in the bold statement aswell.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:02 pm

He did say "port it to the shitbox". But I'm not sure if he was quoting Nomura...
Back to top Go down
Riley



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:09 pm

I did not put down shitbox. It was edited. The information is still true.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Alan1994 wrote:


Content was cut before they started development of the 360 version. They did not cut it because of the 360 version. The PS3 version was already almost maxing out the Blu-ray version, and the game itself was only 7 Gbs of actual game content. If they really cared about pleasing their fanbase and making it less linear they would have done so by not making 32 fucking GBs of cutscenes.

The reason why most 360 exclusives that got to PS3 run fine on the system is because the engine that most 360 games use are cross-platform (Unreal Engine 3, Havok, etc) and already have a code ready for the Ps3 version. When a PS3 ex-exclusive that has been in development for years suddenly goes multiplatform, ofcourse the 360 version is going to suffer from bad coding.

YES, DVD is one disadvantage, but games that are multiplatform and are 2 discs run fine on 360. KZ3 wouldn't be 3 discs if it was multiplatform. The devs are probably using that extra space to optimize performance/load times and store textures they couldn't store on the main system RAM. Still though, it's probably atleast 10 GBs of game content so yea it would need maybe 2 discs. This is all hypothetical though as KZ3 was built from the ground up for the PS3. An inhouse engine will never and could never run on the 360 (and vice versa when talking about 1st party 360 exclusives).
You realize Final Fantasy has always been linear, right? Every game essentially is.

I think you mean making an open world.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 pm

SwineFluu wrote:
The new trailer:

Compared to the previous one:

Oh noez...I got the Aids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   

Back to top Go down
 
Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Final Fantasy XIII-2
» Final Fantasy X ~ The Return of Sin
» Final Fantasy XV discussion
» Final fantasy OpenBOR game
» Final Fantasy 1 Challenge Runs!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: