This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 pm

It happened, everyone kept denying it, but Blu-ray was usefull after all huh? Lost Planet 2, same date (so no sensitive sloppy second idea MLD) and PS3 version was superior, because they cut content on the Xbox 360 version, so do slightly better graphics still matter over gameplay? Blu-ray, what seemed like a gimmick in the past makes all the the difference in the multi-plats now. I bet if Lost Oddyssey comes on PS3 it will only take up a single layer instead of 4 discs on 360. I'm not trying to be mean to 360 owners, but all the fanboys that said Blu-ray is useless, it now turned on them. I do like the streaming idea though, very nice I streamed like atleast 70+ movies in 2010 and 2011 combined.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2010/03/13/xbox_360_doesn_t_need_blu_ray_says_microsoft
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 am

Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 am

cigar wrote:
Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'

Yeah me too and my Wii's virtual console reminds me of the N64 and PlayStation age same with the PSone classics on PSN and theres a lot of Classics I re-bought on Xbox Live, because of the memories like Duke Nukem
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:19 am

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The XBOX 360 doesn't need Blu Ray and thats completely true. The vast majority of multiplats look exactly the same of still run better on 360 and the XBOX 360 is still selling extremely well for Microsoft despite the fact that PS3 does have Blu Ray.
Yes I will admit DVD9 will eventually reach its limits and I guess thats a problem for Microsoft to solve for a future console because I doubt they will ever go for Blu Ray.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:44 am

ghost23 wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The XBOX 360 doesn't need Blu Ray and thats completely true. The vast majority of multiplats look exactly the same of still run better on 360 and the XBOX 360 is still selling extremely well for Microsoft despite the fact that PS3 does have Blu Ray.
Yes I will admit DVD9 will eventually reach its limits and I guess thats a problem for Microsoft to solve for a future console because I doubt they will ever go for Blu Ray.

Yes what you said is true, but that was the past though, now developers know what to do with PS3 and if they take advantage of even on or two SPEs on the PS3 I assure you it will run better on PS3 like FF13 did, Square promised you that it would take some advantage (key word some, not all) of the PS3 and look at the result, the game sucked ass, but it did do the job and while technology is moving forward lets try to concentrate on what the future has in store for us and not worry about the past and mistakes that happened (like RROD and YLOD, no longer a problem). Its like the saying goes "What's done is done, now lets look forward to what will happen next". It is selling well for Microsoft, but barely sales separate PS3 from 360 by only 3 million units. Now that PS3 has the ability to play and chat with Steam, PC, and MAC gamers (cross plat-form chatting) for completely FREE, 2011 isn't a good year for 360, the only good thing I see is Gears of War 3 also watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4ONIoqpJg
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:08 am

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The XBOX 360 doesn't need Blu Ray and thats completely true. The vast majority of multiplats look exactly the same of still run better on 360 and the XBOX 360 is still selling extremely well for Microsoft despite the fact that PS3 does have Blu Ray.
Yes I will admit DVD9 will eventually reach its limits and I guess thats a problem for Microsoft to solve for a future console because I doubt they will ever go for Blu Ray.

Yes what you said is true, but that was the past though, now developers know what to do with PS3 and if they take advantage of even on or two SPEs on the PS3 I assure you it will run better on PS3 like FF13 did, Square promised you that it would take some advantage (key word some, not all) of the PS3 and look at the result, the game sucked ass, but it did do the job and while technology is moving forward lets try to concentrate on what the future has in store for us and not worry about the past and mistakes that happened (like RROD and YLOD, no longer a problem). Its like the saying goes "What's done is done, now lets look forward to what will happen next". It is selling well for Microsoft, but barely sales separate PS3 from 360 by only 3 million units. Now that PS3 has the ability to play and chat with Steam, PC, and MAC gamers (cross plat-form chatting) for completely FREE, 2011 isn't a good year for 360, the only good thing I see is Gears of War 3 also watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4ONIoqpJg

A good advertising blitz is all 360 needs to widen the gap again... look at the half billion spent on Kinect. Quick, call Oprah again!
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:34 am

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The XBOX 360 doesn't need Blu Ray and thats completely true. The vast majority of multiplats look exactly the same of still run better on 360 and the XBOX 360 is still selling extremely well for Microsoft despite the fact that PS3 does have Blu Ray.
Yes I will admit DVD9 will eventually reach its limits and I guess thats a problem for Microsoft to solve for a future console because I doubt they will ever go for Blu Ray.

Yes what you said is true, but that was the past though, now developers know what to do with PS3 and if they take advantage of even on or two SPEs on the PS3 I assure you it will run better on PS3 like FF13 did, Square promised you that it would take some advantage (key word some, not all) of the PS3 and look at the result, the game sucked ass, but it did do the job and while technology is moving forward lets try to concentrate on what the future has in store for us and not worry about the past and mistakes that happened (like RROD and YLOD, no longer a problem). Its like the saying goes "What's done is done, now lets look forward to what will happen next". It is selling well for Microsoft, but barely sales separate PS3 from 360 by only 3 million units. Now that PS3 has the ability to play and chat with Steam, PC, and MAC gamers (cross plat-form chatting) for completely FREE, 2011 isn't a good year for 360, the only good thing I see is Gears of War 3 also watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4ONIoqpJg

On which platform the game runs better on really in the end boils down to which was the lead platform and which platform got the port. Square is Japanese and the XBOX 360 pretty much doesn't not exist there so it is logical for them to use the PS3 as a lead platform because thats where the majority of the sales go. IW/Treyarch are American developers and the majority of their audience, and in turn the majority of their sales, is on the 360. That's why Call of Duty games run better on 360. And I don't think all that is really past, if what you say is true, why is Black Ops still slightly superior on 360? People said that this multiplatform superiority would stop years ago but it still exists.

Last I checked, the sales gap was more around 5 million units. I did use VGCharts, so reserve any judgement because it is probably the most reliable estimates we have since Sony and Microsoft have not released any official figures since after the holiday.

And I may be wrong about this since I don't intend on buying this game and haven't paid a lot of attention to its pre-release news, but the Steam integration is only for Portal 2 on PS3. So to say that the PS3 has cross platform play and chat with PC only really applies to one title while the XBOX 360 has cross game chat across the entire service. And it isn't exactly for free since you do have to own Portal 2.

And 2011 isn't all bad for 360. We have Gears of War 3, Forza 4, Codename Kingdoms, the definitive version of Mass Effect 3 (bring on the flame wars!!), a rumored Halo CE remake, all those Kinect games (whether you care about them or not) and there will definitely be a few surprises at E3 or X11. It may not be as good as Sony's year, but its not as bad as people are saying.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 28
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 am

txtman8095 wrote:
cigar wrote:
Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'

Yeah me too and my Wii's virtual console reminds me of the N64 and PlayStation age same with the PSone classics on PSN and theres a lot of Classics I re-bought on Xbox Live, because of the memories like Duke Nukem

LOL, I bet you weren't even born when the PS1 and N64 came out, or if you were, you were maybe 2, 3 years old? I don't get this thread at all, everyone knows Blu-ray is SUPERIOR to DVD. If MS go download only next gen, well they are fucked. Physical copy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digital download.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The XBOX 360 doesn't need Blu Ray and thats completely true. The vast majority of multiplats look exactly the same of still run better on 360 and the XBOX 360 is still selling extremely well for Microsoft despite the fact that PS3 does have Blu Ray.
Yes I will admit DVD9 will eventually reach its limits and I guess thats a problem for Microsoft to solve for a future console because I doubt they will ever go for Blu Ray.

Yes what you said is true, but that was the past though, now developers know what to do with PS3 and if they take advantage of even on or two SPEs on the PS3 I assure you it will run better on PS3 like FF13 did, Square promised you that it would take some advantage (key word some, not all) of the PS3 and look at the result, the game sucked ass, but it did do the job and while technology is moving forward lets try to concentrate on what the future has in store for us and not worry about the past and mistakes that happened (like RROD and YLOD, no longer a problem). Its like the saying goes "What's done is done, now lets look forward to what will happen next". It is selling well for Microsoft, but barely sales separate PS3 from 360 by only 3 million units. Now that PS3 has the ability to play and chat with Steam, PC, and MAC gamers (cross plat-form chatting) for completely FREE, 2011 isn't a good year for 360, the only good thing I see is Gears of War 3 also watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4ONIoqpJg

On which platform the game runs better on really in the end boils down to which was the lead platform and which platform got the port. Square is Japanese and the XBOX 360 pretty much doesn't not exist there so it is logical for them to use the PS3 as a lead platform because thats where the majority of the sales go. IW/Treyarch are American developers and the majority of their audience, and in turn the majority of their sales, is on the 360. That's why Call of Duty games run better on 360. And I don't think all that is really past, if what you say is true, why is Black Ops still slightly superior on 360? People said that this multiplatform superiority would stop years ago but it still exists.

Last I checked, the sales gap was more around 5 million units. I did use VGCharts, so reserve any judgement because it is probably the most reliable estimates we have since Sony and Microsoft have not released any official figures since after the holiday.

And I may be wrong about this since I don't intend on buying this game and haven't paid a lot of attention to its pre-release news, but the Steam integration is only for Portal 2 on PS3. So to say that the PS3 has cross platform play and chat with PC only really applies to one title while the XBOX 360 has cross game chat across the entire service. And it isn't exactly for free since you do have to own Portal 2.

And 2011 isn't all bad for 360. We have Gears of War 3, Forza 4, Codename Kingdoms, the definitive version of Mass Effect 3 (bring on the flame wars!!), a rumored Halo CE remake, all those Kinect games (whether you care about them or not) and there will definitely be a few surprises at E3 or X11. It may not be as good as Sony's year, but its not as bad as people are saying.

Thats not the point I was trying to prove whether or not their Japanese and you said it yourself the Xbox 360 sells more only in the US other than that PS3 pretty much beats it anyway back to my point I was trying to prove if developers take advantage of the SPEs, it would look better on PS3 and it doesn't have anything to do with the lead platform I mean look at Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 was the lead platform and the 360 version was better and same with Oblivion lead platform was the 360 and it looked better on PS3, see my point?

It did sell well, but what parts of the world are you really talking about? The US is the only region of the world where 360 sells better, because Xbox Live and Xbox 360 are mainly for the US (Microsoft doesn't care about other places as much).

It isn't completely free?!?!?! No shit, I was referring to the online, if a feature like that comes on 360 (it never will, because 360 isn't an open platform) your going to have to PAY FOR Xbox Live while PS3 owners don't and PC and MAC gamers don't pay either and they have a better online service than Xbox Live.

2011 for 360 isn't bad as a whole, but when you look at the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES coming out are Gears of War 3, you just don't go around telling people "I can't wait for that one Kinect game for 3 year olds".
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Stoney wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
cigar wrote:
Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'

Yeah me too and my Wii's virtual console reminds me of the N64 and PlayStation age same with the PSone classics on PSN and theres a lot of Classics I re-bought on Xbox Live, because of the memories like Duke Nukem

LOL, I bet you weren't even born when the PS1 and N64 came out, or if you were, you were maybe 2, 3 years old? I don't get this thread at all, everyone knows Blu-ray is SUPERIOR to DVD. If MS go download only next gen, well they are fucked. Physical copy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digital download.

I was born then, but I was pretty young, but still had an interest in video games I was like 4 or 5 (thats enough to play) and I was saying to him that it brings back old memories I had during that age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:36 pm

txtman8095 wrote:

Thats not the point I was trying to prove whether or not their Japanese and you said it yourself the Xbox 360 sells more only in the US other than that PS3 pretty much beats it anyway back to my point I was trying to prove if developers take advantage of the SPEs, it would look better on PS3 and it doesn't have anything to do with the lead platform I mean look at Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 was the lead platform and the 360 version was better and same with Oblivion lead platform was the 360 and it looked better on PS3, see my point?

It did sell well, but what parts of the world are you really talking about? The US is the only region of the world where 360 sells better, because Xbox Live and Xbox 360 are mainly for the US (Microsoft doesn't care about other places as much).

It isn't completely free?!?!?! No shit, I was referring to the online, if a feature like that comes on 360 (it never will, because 360 isn't an open platform) your going to have to PAY FOR Xbox Live while PS3 owners don't and PC and MAC gamers don't pay either and they have a better online service than Xbox Live.

2011 for 360 isn't bad as a whole, but when you look at the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES coming out are Gears of War 3, you just don't go around telling people "I can't wait for that one Kinect game for 3 year olds".

It has everything to do with the lead platform for simultaneous releases. Both games you mentioned, Oblivion and Virtua Fighter 5, didn't have simultaneous releases on XBOX 360 and PS3. Oblivion was released a year later on PS3 giving developers more time to work on it and same scenario with Virtua Fighter 5. Obviously logic dictates that if you get an extra year to work on a version of the game, it should look better the other versions. And as for you saying if developers take advantage of SPE, it would look better on PS3, its basically the age old argument of "PS3 has better graphics that 360" which I really can't be bothered getting into because its been beaten to death. They are both capable of great graphics in very different ways.

The 360 outsold the PS3 worldwide during most of the Kinect blitz and this is not surprising at all since its new hardware.

I don't have any problem paying for XBOX Live. Microsoft delivers a remarkably better service than what Sony offers me and I feel my money is well spent.

And please tell me your exact definition of MAJOR EXCLUSIVE? Because I think Forza is fairly major since it has managed to derail the previous greatest racing sim of all time.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Stoney wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
cigar wrote:
Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'

Yeah me too and my Wii's virtual console reminds me of the N64 and PlayStation age same with the PSone classics on PSN and theres a lot of Classics I re-bought on Xbox Live, because of the memories like Duke Nukem

LOL, I bet you weren't even born when the PS1 and N64 came out, or if you were, you were maybe 2, 3 years old? I don't get this thread at all, everyone knows Blu-ray is SUPERIOR to DVD. If MS go download only next gen, well they are fucked. Physical copy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digital download.
Why is digital download worse?

Other than the feeling of owning a physical copy, there's nothing (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) a physical copy has an advantage over digital.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 95
Join date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Stoney wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
cigar wrote:
Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'

Yeah me too and my Wii's virtual console reminds me of the N64 and PlayStation age same with the PSone classics on PSN and theres a lot of Classics I re-bought on Xbox Live, because of the memories like Duke Nukem

LOL, I bet you weren't even born when the PS1 and N64 came out, or if you were, you were maybe 2, 3 years old? I don't get this thread at all, everyone knows Blu-ray is SUPERIOR to DVD. If MS go download only next gen, well they are fucked. Physical copy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digital download.
Why is digital download worse?

Other than the feeling of owning a physical copy, there's nothing (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) a physical copy has an advantage over digital.

Advantages of Physical Copies
Feeling of ownership
Not limited to a Hardrive (You can also say that if multiple hardrives are used, and one is lost, you will lose a shit load of media content)
Price can be lowered through price wars
Refundable
Can be lent to a friend. You can get a lend from a friend.
Safer to use physical media than digital (Hacking).

There are more advantages, I just can't think of the rest xD
Back to top Go down
sxyness2themax
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Stoney wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
cigar wrote:
Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'

Yeah me too and my Wii's virtual console reminds me of the N64 and PlayStation age same with the PSone classics on PSN and theres a lot of Classics I re-bought on Xbox Live, because of the memories like Duke Nukem

LOL, I bet you weren't even born when the PS1 and N64 came out, or if you were, you were maybe 2, 3 years old? I don't get this thread at all, everyone knows Blu-ray is SUPERIOR to DVD. If MS go download only next gen, well they are fucked. Physical copy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digital download.
Why is digital download worse?

Other than the feeling of owning a physical copy, there's nothing (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) a physical copy has an advantage over digital.
today i was planning to get ME2 on the ps3, but then i found out that you can download it from the psn store. so I , being lazy,decided to download it instead. the download was 12 Gbs. i started @ 8:53 AM , it is now 553 pm & its @ 78% . thats about 8 hours..... & im still waiting..... i could of jst drove 30 min to go to target & i would be playing right now!!! thats why!!! & your system is pretty much useless utill your done downloading it.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 pm

ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:

Thats not the point I was trying to prove whether or not their Japanese and you said it yourself the Xbox 360 sells more only in the US other than that PS3 pretty much beats it anyway back to my point I was trying to prove if developers take advantage of the SPEs, it would look better on PS3 and it doesn't have anything to do with the lead platform I mean look at Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 was the lead platform and the 360 version was better and same with Oblivion lead platform was the 360 and it looked better on PS3, see my point?

It did sell well, but what parts of the world are you really talking about? The US is the only region of the world where 360 sells better, because Xbox Live and Xbox 360 are mainly for the US (Microsoft doesn't care about other places as much).

It isn't completely free?!?!?! No shit, I was referring to the online, if a feature like that comes on 360 (it never will, because 360 isn't an open platform) your going to have to PAY FOR Xbox Live while PS3 owners don't and PC and MAC gamers don't pay either and they have a better online service than Xbox Live.

2011 for 360 isn't bad as a whole, but when you look at the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES coming out are Gears of War 3, you just don't go around telling people "I can't wait for that one Kinect game for 3 year olds".

It has everything to do with the lead platform for simultaneous releases. Both games you mentioned, Oblivion and Virtua Fighter 5, didn't have simultaneous releases on XBOX 360 and PS3. Oblivion was released a year later on PS3 giving developers more time to work on it and same scenario with Virtua Fighter 5. Obviously logic dictates that if you get an extra year to work on a version of the game, it should look better the other versions. And as for you saying if developers take advantage of SPE, it would look better on PS3, its basically the age old argument of "PS3 has better graphics that 360" which I really can't be bothered getting into because its been beaten to death. They are both capable of great graphics in very different ways.

The 360 outsold the PS3 worldwide during most of the Kinect blitz and this is not surprising at all since its new hardware.

I don't have any problem paying for XBOX Live. Microsoft delivers a remarkably better service than what Sony offers me and I feel my money is well spent.

And please tell me your exact definition of MAJOR EXCLUSIVE? Because I think Forza is fairly major since it has managed to derail the previous greatest racing sim of all time.

Ok yeah I blame myself for bringing up the graphics topic so forget it, I was saying Portal 2 on 360 has better graphics, but the PS3 has cross platform chatting and if you buy the PS3 version you get the PC key for FREE and 360 fanboys choosin graphics over an event in gaming (cross platform play and chat).

MAJOR EXCLUSIVE - A game which a lot of the gaming community is looking forward to and takes full ability of the console's hardware so a total of 5 games (not counting kinect games for 5 year olds) exclusives (EXCLUSIVELY) and 2 Major Exclusives, Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 (I don't like racing sims). While on PS3, the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES are coming out month after month after month, January - LBP2, February - KZ3, March - inFAMOUS 2, April - Motorstorm Apocalypse and the list goes on, thats what I mean, bad year for the 360 compared to other 7th Gen. consoles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:35 pm

sxyness2themax wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Stoney wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
cigar wrote:
Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'

Yeah me too and my Wii's virtual console reminds me of the N64 and PlayStation age same with the PSone classics on PSN and theres a lot of Classics I re-bought on Xbox Live, because of the memories like Duke Nukem

LOL, I bet you weren't even born when the PS1 and N64 came out, or if you were, you were maybe 2, 3 years old? I don't get this thread at all, everyone knows Blu-ray is SUPERIOR to DVD. If MS go download only next gen, well they are fucked. Physical copy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digital download.
Why is digital download worse?

Other than the feeling of owning a physical copy, there's nothing (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) a physical copy has an advantage over digital.
today i was planning to get ME2 on the ps3, but then i found out that you can download it from the psn store. so I , being lazy,decided to download it instead. the download was 12 Gbs. i started @ 8:53 AM , it is now 553 pm & its @ 78% . thats about 8 hours..... & im still waiting..... i could of jst drove 30 min to go to target & i would be playing right now!!! thats why!!! & your system is pretty much useless utill your done downloading it.

Lol man I hate when that happens dude, thats why I'm done with downloading retail games, but I want to get ME2 on PS3 too because of free bonus content and its the best version (not why I wanted it, but I'm just sayin), but I'm waiting for the price to lower a little, because the PC its $9.99 and the Xbox 360 version is $19.99
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 am

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:

Thats not the point I was trying to prove whether or not their Japanese and you said it yourself the Xbox 360 sells more only in the US other than that PS3 pretty much beats it anyway back to my point I was trying to prove if developers take advantage of the SPEs, it would look better on PS3 and it doesn't have anything to do with the lead platform I mean look at Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 was the lead platform and the 360 version was better and same with Oblivion lead platform was the 360 and it looked better on PS3, see my point?

It did sell well, but what parts of the world are you really talking about? The US is the only region of the world where 360 sells better, because Xbox Live and Xbox 360 are mainly for the US (Microsoft doesn't care about other places as much).

It isn't completely free?!?!?! No shit, I was referring to the online, if a feature like that comes on 360 (it never will, because 360 isn't an open platform) your going to have to PAY FOR Xbox Live while PS3 owners don't and PC and MAC gamers don't pay either and they have a better online service than Xbox Live.

2011 for 360 isn't bad as a whole, but when you look at the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES coming out are Gears of War 3, you just don't go around telling people "I can't wait for that one Kinect game for 3 year olds".

It has everything to do with the lead platform for simultaneous releases. Both games you mentioned, Oblivion and Virtua Fighter 5, didn't have simultaneous releases on XBOX 360 and PS3. Oblivion was released a year later on PS3 giving developers more time to work on it and same scenario with Virtua Fighter 5. Obviously logic dictates that if you get an extra year to work on a version of the game, it should look better the other versions. And as for you saying if developers take advantage of SPE, it would look better on PS3, its basically the age old argument of "PS3 has better graphics that 360" which I really can't be bothered getting into because its been beaten to death. They are both capable of great graphics in very different ways.

The 360 outsold the PS3 worldwide during most of the Kinect blitz and this is not surprising at all since its new hardware.

I don't have any problem paying for XBOX Live. Microsoft delivers a remarkably better service than what Sony offers me and I feel my money is well spent.

And please tell me your exact definition of MAJOR EXCLUSIVE? Because I think Forza is fairly major since it has managed to derail the previous greatest racing sim of all time.

Ok yeah I blame myself for bringing up the graphics topic so forget it, I was saying Portal 2 on 360 has better graphics, but the PS3 has cross platform chatting and if you buy the PS3 version you get the PC key for FREE and 360 fanboys choosin graphics over an event in gaming (cross platform play and chat).

MAJOR EXCLUSIVE - A game which a lot of the gaming community is looking forward to and takes full ability of the console's hardware so a total of 5 games (not counting kinect games for 5 year olds) exclusives (EXCLUSIVELY) and 2 Major Exclusives, Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 (I don't like racing sims). While on PS3, the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES are coming out month after month after month, January - LBP2, February - KZ3, March - inFAMOUS 2, April - Motorstorm Apocalypse and the list goes on, thats what I mean, bad year for the 360 compared to other 7th Gen. consoles.

Mate, I think you're really pushing the definition of major exclusive with Motorstorm Apocalypse. And I don't see why we can't include Kinect games, you need to get over the stigma that its for little kids because I guarantee you that if you try make a 5 year old play Steel Batallion, it will make them cry.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:29 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Stoney wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
cigar wrote:
Reminds me of the good ol' days when people still thought that cartridges were better than CD-Roms...

Just sayin'

Yeah me too and my Wii's virtual console reminds me of the N64 and PlayStation age same with the PSone classics on PSN and theres a lot of Classics I re-bought on Xbox Live, because of the memories like Duke Nukem

LOL, I bet you weren't even born when the PS1 and N64 came out, or if you were, you were maybe 2, 3 years old? I don't get this thread at all, everyone knows Blu-ray is SUPERIOR to DVD. If MS go download only next gen, well they are fucked. Physical copy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digital download.
Why is digital download worse?

Other than the feeling of owning a physical copy, there's nothing (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) a physical copy has an advantage over digital.

Not everyone in the world has internet access and a lot of the world is still on broadband caps.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 am

ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:

Thats not the point I was trying to prove whether or not their Japanese and you said it yourself the Xbox 360 sells more only in the US other than that PS3 pretty much beats it anyway back to my point I was trying to prove if developers take advantage of the SPEs, it would look better on PS3 and it doesn't have anything to do with the lead platform I mean look at Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 was the lead platform and the 360 version was better and same with Oblivion lead platform was the 360 and it looked better on PS3, see my point?

It did sell well, but what parts of the world are you really talking about? The US is the only region of the world where 360 sells better, because Xbox Live and Xbox 360 are mainly for the US (Microsoft doesn't care about other places as much).

It isn't completely free?!?!?! No shit, I was referring to the online, if a feature like that comes on 360 (it never will, because 360 isn't an open platform) your going to have to PAY FOR Xbox Live while PS3 owners don't and PC and MAC gamers don't pay either and they have a better online service than Xbox Live.

2011 for 360 isn't bad as a whole, but when you look at the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES coming out are Gears of War 3, you just don't go around telling people "I can't wait for that one Kinect game for 3 year olds".

It has everything to do with the lead platform for simultaneous releases. Both games you mentioned, Oblivion and Virtua Fighter 5, didn't have simultaneous releases on XBOX 360 and PS3. Oblivion was released a year later on PS3 giving developers more time to work on it and same scenario with Virtua Fighter 5. Obviously logic dictates that if you get an extra year to work on a version of the game, it should look better the other versions. And as for you saying if developers take advantage of SPE, it would look better on PS3, its basically the age old argument of "PS3 has better graphics that 360" which I really can't be bothered getting into because its been beaten to death. They are both capable of great graphics in very different ways.

The 360 outsold the PS3 worldwide during most of the Kinect blitz and this is not surprising at all since its new hardware.

I don't have any problem paying for XBOX Live. Microsoft delivers a remarkably better service than what Sony offers me and I feel my money is well spent.

And please tell me your exact definition of MAJOR EXCLUSIVE? Because I think Forza is fairly major since it has managed to derail the previous greatest racing sim of all time.

Ok yeah I blame myself for bringing up the graphics topic so forget it, I was saying Portal 2 on 360 has better graphics, but the PS3 has cross platform chatting and if you buy the PS3 version you get the PC key for FREE and 360 fanboys choosin graphics over an event in gaming (cross platform play and chat).

MAJOR EXCLUSIVE - A game which a lot of the gaming community is looking forward to and takes full ability of the console's hardware so a total of 5 games (not counting kinect games for 5 year olds) exclusives (EXCLUSIVELY) and 2 Major Exclusives, Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 (I don't like racing sims). While on PS3, the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES are coming out month after month after month, January - LBP2, February - KZ3, March - inFAMOUS 2, April - Motorstorm Apocalypse and the list goes on, thats what I mean, bad year for the 360 compared to other 7th Gen. consoles.

Mate, I think you're really pushing the definition of major exclusive with Motorstorm Apocalypse. And I don't see why we can't include Kinect games, you need to get over the stigma that its for little kids because I guarantee you that if you try make a 5 year old play Steel Batallion, it will make them cry.
Only if you guys stop counting PC/360 multiplats as "games you can't play on your PS3" because that's as bad of an argument as saying Kinect games don't count Razz
Back to top Go down
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 201
Join date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Whats with all these new "PS3 FANBOYS" on the page, its obviously they're trolling, I mean look at their comments Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 30
Location : Chernobyl NPP, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:49 pm

tr3ykilla wrote:
Whats with all these new "PS3 FANBOYS" on the page, its obviously they're trolling, I mean look at their comments Evil or Very Mad

I've seen worse, besides I kind of welcome some activity. Since 2010 this place has been pretty dead.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:57 pm

tr3ykilla wrote:
Whats with all these new "PS3 FANBOYS" on the page, its obviously they're trolling, I mean look at their comments Evil or Very Mad
So, disagreeing opinions are now trolling?

I actually own all the consoles. The 360 was the only console I owned up until last summer when I bought a Wii and a PS3 in December. I just don't side with unreasonable and illogical fanboyism.

If anything, I'm more of a PC fanboy Laughing
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 pm

ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:

Thats not the point I was trying to prove whether or not their Japanese and you said it yourself the Xbox 360 sells more only in the US other than that PS3 pretty much beats it anyway back to my point I was trying to prove if developers take advantage of the SPEs, it would look better on PS3 and it doesn't have anything to do with the lead platform I mean look at Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 was the lead platform and the 360 version was better and same with Oblivion lead platform was the 360 and it looked better on PS3, see my point?

It did sell well, but what parts of the world are you really talking about? The US is the only region of the world where 360 sells better, because Xbox Live and Xbox 360 are mainly for the US (Microsoft doesn't care about other places as much).

It isn't completely free?!?!?! No shit, I was referring to the online, if a feature like that comes on 360 (it never will, because 360 isn't an open platform) your going to have to PAY FOR Xbox Live while PS3 owners don't and PC and MAC gamers don't pay either and they have a better online service than Xbox Live.

2011 for 360 isn't bad as a whole, but when you look at the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES coming out are Gears of War 3, you just don't go around telling people "I can't wait for that one Kinect game for 3 year olds".

It has everything to do with the lead platform for simultaneous releases. Both games you mentioned, Oblivion and Virtua Fighter 5, didn't have simultaneous releases on XBOX 360 and PS3. Oblivion was released a year later on PS3 giving developers more time to work on it and same scenario with Virtua Fighter 5. Obviously logic dictates that if you get an extra year to work on a version of the game, it should look better the other versions. And as for you saying if developers take advantage of SPE, it would look better on PS3, its basically the age old argument of "PS3 has better graphics that 360" which I really can't be bothered getting into because its been beaten to death. They are both capable of great graphics in very different ways.

The 360 outsold the PS3 worldwide during most of the Kinect blitz and this is not surprising at all since its new hardware.

I don't have any problem paying for XBOX Live. Microsoft delivers a remarkably better service than what Sony offers me and I feel my money is well spent.

And please tell me your exact definition of MAJOR EXCLUSIVE? Because I think Forza is fairly major since it has managed to derail the previous greatest racing sim of all time.

Ok yeah I blame myself for bringing up the graphics topic so forget it, I was saying Portal 2 on 360 has better graphics, but the PS3 has cross platform chatting and if you buy the PS3 version you get the PC key for FREE and 360 fanboys choosin graphics over an event in gaming (cross platform play and chat).

MAJOR EXCLUSIVE - A game which a lot of the gaming community is looking forward to and takes full ability of the console's hardware so a total of 5 games (not counting kinect games for 5 year olds) exclusives (EXCLUSIVELY) and 2 Major Exclusives, Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 (I don't like racing sims). While on PS3, the MAJOR EXCLUSIVES are coming out month after month after month, January - LBP2, February - KZ3, March - inFAMOUS 2, April - Motorstorm Apocalypse and the list goes on, thats what I mean, bad year for the 360 compared to other 7th Gen. consoles.

Mate, I think you're really pushing the definition of major exclusive with Motorstorm Apocalypse. And I don't see why we can't include Kinect games, you need to get over the stigma that its for little kids because I guarantee you that if you try make a 5 year old play Steel Batallion, it will make them cry.

Did I say Kinect games don't count? Really? I said that? I said any of the kinect games I mentioned are not major exclusives, I thought Motorstorm Apocalypse was kind of uhh at the beginning too, but I saw all the PS3 fanboys on YouTube (A lot) and that tells you right there fanboys are still gamers and if they are looking forward to that game, it is a MAJOR EXCLUSIVE ghost. Back to the Kinect thing, are you aware that a new Telletubies game is coming for the Kinect, is that a Major Exclusive? Are you looking forward to it? No! Exactly. Kinect games are exclusives, but not major exclusives and PS3 is getting a lot of Move games so the casual market tends to balance itself out evenly wouldn't you agree?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 28
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
tr3ykilla wrote:
Whats with all these new "PS3 FANBOYS" on the page, its obviously they're trolling, I mean look at their comments Evil or Very Mad
So, disagreeing opinions are now trolling?

I actually own all the consoles. The 360 was the only console I owned up until last summer when I bought a Wii and a PS3 in December. I just don't side with unreasonable and illogical fanboyism.

If anything, I'm more of a PC fanboy Laughing

God I hate those, the worst kind, no offence. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 pm

I was being sarcastic Razz I prefer the PC over anything, but I'm not a fanboy because I love all my consoles. May sell my 360 soon, though. Nothing on it interests me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.   

Back to top Go down
 
"Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray" says Microsoft and also it started to affect the games.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Microsoft Admits Xbox One Was an Epic Failure!
» xbox 360 microsoft wheel
» Forza 4 VIP Membership is now up for sale by Microsoft at XBOX Game Store
» Microsoft Puts a Date on Free Xbox Live Gold Games
» Minecraft is coming too Xbox Live Arcade.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: