This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Seems like that innocent little Xbox 360 update yesterday wasn't just to restore the option to boot the console straight to a disc. It also contained secret pirate-fighting juice.

Now that it's been mentioned, it did seem a little strange that the update came out of nowhere. And for such a tiny fix clocked in at 7mb.

But then people who had been using pirated copies of Call of Duty (both Black Ops and Modern Warfare) installed the update and found their pirated copies didn't work anymore, and it all made sense.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Beautiful. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Thank god. This is why XBOX Live is better than PSN.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 pm

ghost23 wrote:

Cuz Kotick is so close to owning XBL that he can update his shitty broken game as much as he wants? Umm... yeah...
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:28 pm

At the moment yeah I'd agree with you ghost. The hacking on PSN was a huge mistake. Up until now, though, I'd disagree.

But meh, the patch is just going to be an obstacle hackers will overcome once more. Almost nothing stays unhackable. That kind of knowledge isn't exclusive to the company.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:33 pm

cigar wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Cuz Kotick is so close to owning XBL that he can update his shitty broken game as much as he wants? Umm... yeah...

Because XBOX Live has a active policing system where they actually take into account the customer complaints and take action against it. And yeah if you haven't heard about the rampant hacking all over PSN, Sony is basically powerless right now.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:19 am

yea im not going on xbox live for a while....
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:08 am

ghost23 wrote:
cigar wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Because XBOX Live has a active policing system where they actually take into account the customer complaints and take action against it. And yeah if you haven't heard about the rampant hacking all over PSN, Sony is basically powerless right now.
They're introducing serial keys that match up with the disc. So that'll help.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 am

ghost23 wrote:

Fail logic you have there. You people make me sick.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:51 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Microsoft is actively policing their service while PSN has become so rampant with hacking on Call of Duty, that public matches are deemed unplayable. I think that speaks for itself.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:57 am

ghost23 wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Microsoft is actively policing their service while PSN has become so rampant with hacking on Call of Duty, that public matches are deemed unplayable. I think that speaks for itself.

Even for the past few days I have seen very few hackers on PSN and this is where there should be thousands but I'm rarely seeing 1 every few match making searches.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Even for the past few days I have seen very few hackers on PSN and this is where there should be thousands but I'm rarely seeing 1 every few match making searches.

Hey I'm just quoting Infinity Ward who have said that they can't do anything about the hacking on PSN and told everyone to “play exclusively with friends by utilizing the party of private match options until this issue is resolved by Sony.”
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:09 am

ghost23 wrote:
Hey I'm just quoting Infinity Ward who have said that they can't do anything about the hacking on PSN and told everyone to “play exclusively with friends by utilizing the party of private match options until this issue is resolved by Sony.”
Infinity Ward is a joke. They can't make a quality shooter by today's standards to save their life.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:09 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Even though I think PSN is far better, this is anecdotal evidence at best.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:42 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Infinity Ward is a joke. They can't make a quality shooter by today's standards to save their life.

That has got nothing to do with what we are discussing.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:45 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

That has got nothing to do with what we are discussing.

Oh on the contrary. You brought up IW and I commented on the subject. It was by all means part of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates   

Back to top Go down

Xbox Update Stealth Kills Call Of Duty Pirates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1