This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

In a multiplat, what seems better to you
Slightly Better Graphics
17%
 17% [ 4 ]
BONUS CONTENT
83%
 83% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:41 am

I can't believe that 360 fanboys are actually saying slightly better graphics are better than what you get on the PS3 version. On the PS3 version you get Steam, if you get the PS3 version of the game which will give a CD key to activate on your PC and MAC and you get to play and chat with PC and MAC gamers (for all those that say PS3 gamers aren't challenging, PC gamers are and they're more challenging than 360 users) in cross platform play. All the Xbox 360 version has is slightly better graphics, so does slightly better graphics sound better than all the features that PS3 games get?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 am

I understand that some games play better on 360 because the developers were lazy when they ported it (Bioshock and Orange Box)
I understand that a larger gaming community is a plus for some games (plenty of people still play Soul Calibur IV on 360, but PS3 only has the same 2 dudes)
I understand that games that are great on one platform can still be great on another platform even if one version looks better than the other (Assassin's Creed is great on both consoles, there's less grass on the PS3 version of RDR but glitching wasn't as rampant, etc.)
I understand that better specs/larger storage space are enough to make another version of a game better since more content will fit (Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Arkham Asylum Joker modes, and on-disc DLC on games like Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and Mass Effect 2. Haters gon' hate)

What I don't understand is how this magical gift from Gaben and the gaming gods could be considered a negative thing by ANYONE. I'm not saying that PS3 FINALLY has an edge over the 360 (because there's been plenty of other ones over the years), but this is pretty fuckin' sweet and how anyone can say otherwise is beyond me...
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 am

I agree with you that the PS3 version is the better version. I'm a 360 supporter but im not delusional.

The funny thing about all stuff happening recently is that I haven't heard PC elitists bitch about how they might have to play with "console noobs". Quite surprising actually.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:05 am

I got Portal 1 for free on Steam, it wasn't that great. Much better games coming out this year.

Also, the PS3 version gets Steamworks, not Steam itself, big difference. Steamworks is Steam's update system and cloud storage system.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 am

ghost23 wrote:
I agree with you that the PS3 version is the better version. I'm a 360 supporter but im not delusional.

The funny thing about all stuff happening recently is that I haven't heard PC elitists bitch about how they might have to play with "console noobs". Quite surprising actually.

I noticed a few on BBC's video about Portal 2 having Steam on Ps3 :L
Just a few though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:38 am

BlackStigma wrote:
I got Portal 1 for free on Steam, it wasn't that great. Much better games coming out this year.

O_O

Portal is one of the greatest gifts the gaming gods have ever given us..
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:11 pm

ghost23 wrote:

Because Portal isn't a fast-paced FPS like Unreal Tournament or whatever. Portal is a puzzle game with co-op. No real disadvantage for PC players who get paired up with a console guy.

I certainly don't mind, but if I had to play with console gamers in an FPS or RTS or whatever then we'd have a problem.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:20 pm

wait.......so ps3 gets a better multiplat and all of a sudden its a PS3 victory????

do we really need to be reminded of how almost every multiplat this gen is superior on 360......

PS3 gets cross game chat with mac/pc users......lol well we get cross game chat with every game thats multiplayer.

its no biggie, u cant win them all, but we sure as hell have most multiplats on our side

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:50 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
wait.......so ps3 gets a better multiplat and all of a sudden its a PS3 victory????

do we really need to be reminded of how almost every multiplat this gen is superior on 360......

PS3 gets cross game chat with mac/pc users......lol well we get cross game chat with every game thats multiplayer.

its no biggie, u cant win them all, but we sure as hell have most multiplats on our side

The thing is, it's never been such a drastic superiority.

Sure, some multiplats are graphically better and better performance-wise, but never have multiplats been so superior in terms of content (except for a few DLC).

I mean, Valve is giving you TWO games with the PS3 version. It's giving you the Steam copy & the PS3 version. That's a 120$ value for 60$.

Also, it isn't XGC with them, it's more along the lines of XGP (Cross-game-play.)
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:10 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

True MLD, but considering how all the poll votes towards BONUS FEATURES, it looks like your own crew is taking the PS3's side on this one wouldn't you agree? One more question, if Portal 2 gets more sales on 360 is it going to be the best one? You know how cross platform chat has never been "open" towards console gaming, the PS3 version is obviously GAMEPLAY wise better and are you going to stick to sales on this one? Or are actually going to focus on GAMEPLAY on this GAME? If it loses on one side, you 360 fanboys say something that has nothing to do with the game at all.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:36 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

True MLD, but considering how all the poll votes towards BONUS FEATURES, it looks like your own crew is taking the PS3's side on this one wouldn't you agree? One more question, if Portal 2 gets more sales on 360 is it going to be the best one? You know how cross platform chat has never been "open" towards console gaming, the PS3 version is obviously GAMEPLAY wise better and are you going to stick to sales on this one? Or are actually going to focus on GAMEPLAY on this GAME? If it loses on one side, you 360 fanboys say something that has nothing to do with the game at all.

What crew? they all left already lol
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:43 pm

igame wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

What crew? they all left already lol
lol so true. Starting little console battles has gotten a bit old. silent
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:54 pm

txtman8095 wrote:

Wow just wow.

First thing first bonus features. I can agree with parts of this. Only the problem is if i had 2 versions PS3 or PC of the same game, I would play to the PC version. And alot of people would if their PC is strong enough to hold it. Which it should cause they already have Steam to start off with, hence the steam work feature on the PS3/PC cross gameplay. If not whats the point having the PC version if you can't run it?

Its free, and thats exactly it. What im saying is that people ONLY tend to just play the game on just one platform. Whats the point on having 2 versions of the same game, you just going to play it on one and the other one won't be played on and its just a waste. Some people (diehard hardcore fans) will play both PS3 and PC, but since the saves are carried on to both, you just going to mostly play on one format. Lastly on this that if you just stick to the PS3 version, you going to miss custom moddings, which has been greatly used on games like Left 4 Dead 1&2 on the PC.

Second is Gameplay. It will be the same on all since its the same game. No idea of where you come up with ps3 is gameplay wise better from. Unless that I would say multiplayer gameplay wise the PS3 will get this one cause of steamworks. But thats one of the game which they really have that advantage on, unless they can get more support from other companies to help them with that section thats about it.

txtman8095 wrote:
the PS3 version is obviously GAMEPLAY wise better and are you going to stick to sales on this one? Or are actually going to focus on GAMEPLAY on this GAME? If it loses on one side, you 360 fanboys say something that has nothing to do with the game at all.

Im sorry, but that last part is what something Pyro/PS3fanboy would say. If this game (which i know would never happen, but its a one in a billion shot) would end up having steamworks on the 360. Would you get it or and play it on the PS3, 360 or PC?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:54 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

That's kinda how it works. I mean, you'd consider getting an exclusive on the 360 a win for the 360, wouldn't you? Even though the PS3 has a boatload of more exclusives coming out?
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Ozsem wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:

Wow just wow.

First thing first bonus features. I can agree with parts of this. Only the problem is if i had 2 versions PS3 or PC of the same game, I would play to the PC version. And alot of people would if their PC is strong enough to hold it. Which it should cause they already have Steam to start off with, hence the steam work feature on the PS3/PC cross gameplay. If not whats the point having the PC version if you can't run it?

Its free, and thats exactly it. What im saying is that people ONLY tend to just play the game on just one platform. Whats the point on having 2 versions of the same game, you just going to play it on one and the other one won't be played on and its just a waste. Some people (diehard hardcore fans) will play both PS3 and PC, but since the saves are carried on to both, you just going to mostly play on one format. Lastly on this that if you just stick to the PS3 version, you going to miss custom moddings, which has been greatly used on games like Left 4 Dead 1&2 on the PC.

Second is Gameplay. It will be the same on all since its the same game. No idea of where you come up with ps3 is gameplay wise better from. Unless that I would say multiplayer gameplay wise the PS3 will get this one cause of steamworks. But thats one of the game which they really have that advantage on, unless they can get more support from other companies to help them with that section thats about it.

txtman8095 wrote:
the PS3 version is obviously GAMEPLAY wise better and are you going to stick to sales on this one? Or are actually going to focus on GAMEPLAY on this GAME? If it loses on one side, you 360 fanboys say something that has nothing to do with the game at all.

Im sorry, but that last part is what something Pyro/PS3fanboy would say. If this game (which i know would never happen, but its a one in a billion shot) would end up having steamworks on the 360. Would you get it or and play it on the PS3, 360 or PC?

OK there sparky 1. When I said its better gameplay wise I meant it has more online GAMEPLAY features than 360. 2. Just because your whining about how you don't have a good enough PC doesn't change the fact it still comes with both now does it you idiot? Speaking of idiots I bet your the one that voted for slightly better graphics. 360 doesn't have steamworks and that's what makes the PS3 version better or is it the fact it comes with 2 games? Or is the 360 version better because it has slightly better graphics first answer my question before you talk your fanboyish way. I sound like a PS3 fanboy to you because I wrote the truth OMG WHAT A SIN!!! GTFO here dude. I have all three 7th Gen consoles last time I checked Pyro doesn't and do you? I have no reason to be a fanboy and only a 360 fanboy would think I would be s PS3 fanboy because I support the PS3 more than the 360 OMFG WHAT A FUCKUP supporting a console I like who does that? Certainly not you and GASP certainly not MLD!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
igame

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:06 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

True, but its the first multiplat on the ps3 with steam on it, its a small step that could lead to great things for gaming in the future.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:15 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

No no, the point is that when the odd game is release that the Ps3 does have the upper hand in, 360 fanboys stil try and claim it is a victory..
Mafia II and AC:B come to mind..

The person who said "Slightly Superior Graphics" are better is delusional Razz
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Ozsem wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:

There are a lot of people who are going to buy the Ps3 version and either give the Ps3 or PC version to a friend so they can play together, or they will download the steam version and sell the Ps3 version back, essentially getting a full game for a puny amount of money Razz
In the end, no matter how you argue it, getting two of the same game on different platforms at no extra charge is better than getting a single game on its own Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm

PureSexySound wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

No no, the point is that when the odd game is release that the Ps3 does have the upper hand in, 360 fanboys stil try and claim it is a victory..

How did PS3 have the upper hand in Mafia 2 and AC:B?
From my memory, both games were graphically superior on 360.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:44 pm

ghost23 wrote:
PureSexySound wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

I meant upper hand in content.. Mafia II and AC:B had more, albeit little, content on the Ps3..
Anyone who says that the more detail in grass of blazer movement is better than longer gameplay is delusional..
Sorry if I was unclear in my original comment >_<
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:57 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
OK there sparky 1. When I said its better gameplay wise I meant it has more online GAMEPLAY features than 360. 2. Just because your whining about how you don't have a good enough PC doesn't change the fact it still comes with both now does it you idiot? Speaking of idiots I bet your the one that voted for slightly better graphics. 360 doesn't have steamworks and that's what makes the PS3 version better or is it the fact it comes with 2 games? Or is the 360 version better because it has slightly better graphics first answer my question before you talk your fanboyish way. I sound like a PS3 fanboy to you because I wrote the truth OMG WHAT A SIN!!! GTFO here dude. I have all three 7th Gen consoles last time I checked Pyro doesn't and do you? I have no reason to be a fanboy and only a 360 fanboy would think I would be s PS3 fanboy because I support the PS3 more than the 360 OMFG WHAT A FUCKUP supporting a console I like who does that? Certainly not you and GASP certainly not MLD!!!!!!

lol I touched a nerve.

1. why didn't you put online gameplay if you meant that? Edit button just next to the quote button.

2. i do have a good PC in fact great.

3. Well the next part which i can't understand from your writing, but i think you didn't really read or answer my question "If this game (which i know would never happen, but its a one in a billion shot) would end up having steamworks on the 360. Would you get it or and play it on the PS3, 360 or PC?"

Question you asked for. I'll either go for PC (best all around) or get the PS3 version use the code and give the PS3 version away like PureSexySound said. It doesn't matter anyway.

4. And also last. No its not what you said about the PS3 version or defending that in anyway. Its Your "REACTIONS" in what me or MLD or someone has said to you, which ends up you insulting or freaking out just because they disagree with an opinion or to what you said in your previous posts. You have all formats which you said, so why get mad just cause some 360 fanboys say it has, slightly better graphics (true or not) in the first place?

Last edited by Ozsem on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:58 pm

PureSexySound wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
PureSexySound wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

I meant upper hand in content.. Mafia II and AC:B had more, albeit little, content on the Ps3..
Anyone who says that the more detail in grass of blazer movement is better than longer gameplay is delusional..
Sorry if I was unclear in my original comment >_<

I can't speak for Mafia II, but Brotherhood had about 4 bonus missions which had no relevance to the storyline and the missions consists of repeating tasks that I had already done 10 times in Brotherhood and AC2. So yeah I probably would take the better graphics in that instance.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Ozsem wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:

lol I touched a nerve.

1. why didn't you put online gameplay if you meant that? Edit button just next to the quote button.

2. i do have a good PC in fact great.

3. Well the next part which i can't understand from your writing, but i think you didn't really read or answer my question "If this game (which i know would never happen, but its a one in a billion shot) would end up having steamworks on the 360. Would you get it or and play it on the PS3, 360 or PC?"

Question you asked for. I'll either go for PC (best all around) or get the PS3 version use the code and give the PS3 version away like PureSexySound said. It doesn't matter anyway.

4. And also last. No its not what you said about the PS3 version or defending that in anyway. Its Your "REACTIONS" in what me or MLD or someone has said to you, which ends up you insulting or freaking out just because they disagree with an opinion or to what you said in your previous posts. You have all formats which you said, so why get mad just cause some 360 fanboys say it has, slightly better graphics (true or not) in the first place?

Lol, you think I got mad?? What is wrong with you? I was insulting you, why do you not understand that? But seriously are you the RETARD who voted for slightly better graphics?
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Gameplay? The gameplay on both is exactly the same and you do not get bonus content with the PS3 version. You do not get Steam with it, you get STEAMWORKS. That means that the PS3 version will get consistent updates fixing bugs and glitches or any other proplems it might have like a bad framerate maybe. It also has the cloud storage system meaning if you start playing the PS3 version you can get on your PC and start from where you left off. But really why would you even bother with the PS3 version when you have the PC version?

Cross platform play, cool, WHAT DOES IT MATTER? How is playing with a PC gamer any more exciting that playing with another PS3 owner? In fact, you better hope this feature isn't popular so it doesn't extend to other games. With Portal 2 it won't really matter too much but if you start having cross platform gameplay on other games like Left 4 Dead 3 if it comes out on PS3 you'll start getting raped up the ass by PC gamers.

Yes the PS3 version is better than the 360 version, but it's not a MASSIVE difference. Getting a free PC version and cross platform play is really no where near as good as you are making it out to be. The only important point the PS3 version has is that it's going to get updated frequently. It's not like the 360 version will NEVER get updates, it just won't get them as frequently or as many.

The PS3 version does not get "a hell of a lot more features". Because of steamworks it gets 3 more features, 2 of which are not a big deal. The PS3 version is better, but it's not as huge a difference as you are making it out to be.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Gameplay? The gameplay on both is exactly the same and you do not get bonus content with the PS3 version. You do not get Steam with it, you get STEAMWORKS. That means that the PS3 version will get consistent updates fixing bugs and glitches or any other proplems it might have like a bad framerate maybe. It also has the cloud storage system meaning if you start playing the PS3 version you can get on your PC and start from where you left off. But really why would you even bother with the PS3 version when you have the PC version?

Cross platform play, cool, WHAT DOES IT MATTER? How is playing with a PC gamer any more exciting that playing with another PS3 owner? In fact, you better hope this feature isn't popular so it doesn't extend to other games. With Portal 2 it won't really matter too much but if you start having cross platform gameplay on other games like Left 4 Dead 3 if it comes out on PS3 you'll start getting raped up the ass by PC gamers.

Yes the PS3 version is better than the 360 version, but it's not a MASSIVE difference. Getting a free PC version and cross platform play is really no where near as good as you are making it out to be. The only important point the PS3 version has is that it's going to get updated frequently. It's not like the 360 version will NEVER get updates, it just won't get them as frequently or as many.

The PS3 version does not get "a hell of a lot more features". Because of steamworks it gets 3 more features, 2 of which are not a big deal. The PS3 version is better, but it's not as huge a difference as you are making it out to be.

I think it's amazing how a few missing shadows are enough to make a PS3 version of a game ZOMG INFERIOR UNPLAYABLE MY EYES HURT WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN!, but something as big as this doesn't even impress you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version   

Back to top Go down

Portal 2 on PS3 gets a hell of a lot more features than the 360 version
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next