This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Counter-Strike vs. Counter-Strike: Source?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

CAN YOU REED TITLE?
COUNTER-STRIKE 1.6 MAN Y WUD U PAY 5 MOAR DOLLARS JUST 4 GRAPHICS MAN ALL THE VETERANS ARE ON CS
40%
 40% [ 2 ]
COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE MAN MORE MODS AND THE SOURCE ENGINE IS FUCKING AMAZING ITS NOT JUST GRAPHICS MAN THE DYNAMIC RANGE THE TEXTURE THE CLIPPING ALL THAT IS GOING ONNNNNN AND MORE PEOPLE ARE PLAYING=MORE BROS WHO HAVE IT=MORE MODS AND ITS JUST 5 BUCKS MO
60%
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Counter-Strike vs. Counter-Strike: Source?   Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Ok so I've been wondering what I should get. I was considering the former because it's 5 dollars cheaper, and while 5 dollars is just 5 dollars, those 5 dollars can be used to buy another FULL game on Steam. But I've realized that I want to be playing CS for a long time and that 1.6's GoldSrc graphics get unappealling... after just watching a few games my eyes are literally starting to hurt because I've gotten used to more dynamic range, better textures, etc. And more of my friends have Source, and I don't know but logically it's supposed to be more people=more mods. So what should I get? Really doesn't matter, it's just 5 bucks.

Counter-Strike 1.6
Day of Defeat: Source
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Total: 25 dollars

Source Multiplayer Pack (CS:S DOD:S and HL2:DM)
Total: 30 dollars

There have to be some sort of texture mods for CS 1.6, but I don't think even the strongest mods could push it to be as strong as Source. It really depends on the community. If there are more bullshit hackers, kids whose moms wouldn't let them get Black Ops and didn't know Counter-Strike was rated M, or just plain retards on 1 game than on the other, than tell me, please.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike vs. Counter-Strike: Source?   Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:56 pm

I got over CS almost a decade ago... but the CSS crowd is hardcore and they're a bunch of pricks, so I'm guessing CS is better
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike vs. Counter-Strike: Source?   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:44 pm

LOL Hardcore like Vets who get really mad if you're not insanely tactical and would curse you if you didn't take the game seriously? Yeah, I don't like that crowd either.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike vs. Counter-Strike: Source?   Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:43 am

yeh, i just got back to css and everyone is fkin masterfull
even if you are sloppy in the least you will die
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike vs. Counter-Strike: Source?   Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:52 am

Yeah, I know that. CS:S is a very 'hardcore' game.
However, I'm too much of a graphics whore to accept CS 1.6. The sound effects, blood sprays, textures and models.... I can't tolerate those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike vs. Counter-Strike: Source?   

Back to top Go down

Counter-Strike vs. Counter-Strike: Source?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1